Your upcoming gigs

Remove this Banner Ad

Alt J this Saturday night. I'm not a big gig goer (only the second time I've bought tickets to a gig that wasn't live at a pub/ club etc.) but saw these guys at Challenge Stadium in Perth in 2013 and it was a great night

Death Cab for Cutie return to our shores. Perth Metros on August 6.

I was hoping to see Ruby Boots next week at The Rosemount but have another commitment.

Emmylou Harris and Rodney Crowell were brilliant. I enjoyed Emmylou's solo gig a year or so back, but Rodney made a huge difference. More up-tempo songs, great band with Australian guitarist Jedd Hughes a standout. Not flashy in any way. Just a beautiful tone and great feel.

Return of the Grievous Angel was their first song. Crowell's voice is a fair bit lower than Gram Parsons and he did not try to imitate the original. He just sang beautifully and Emmylou, who seems to guest with many people has a beautiful style of harmonising by being just behind her partner with her soulful voice. A truly great gig.

I still have Death Cab for Cutie coming up and just bought tickets for Laura Marling for October at The Astor.

still have Death Cab for Cutie coming up...

Hehe.. a bit random, but always makes me laugh...

Never been a fan and don't know much of their music, but I remember years ago they were in Australia and they were on Sunrise one morning when I was at work getting interviewed by Kochie... Well, Kochie clearly knew nothing about them, and the only reason they were on the show was because one of their songs had been on the soundtrack to that awful show 'The OC'

Anyway, they played the song, and then Kochie starts interviewing them and he asks a question about The OC, like actual plotline type questions... The guys from Death Cab look at each other and say ".. uhh.. to be honest we've never really watched the show...."

Kochie looks down at his notes and you can see a visual look on his face that suggests that he now has no more questions to ask them... so he plugs the album and then that was it..

hilarious s**t

The Cosmic Psychos are making one of their rare trips to Perth on Saturday so going to check them out to be reminded sometimes all music has to be is fun.

Means leaving the Fremantle Winter Music Festival early but so be it.

The Cosmic Psychos are making one of their rare trips to Perth on Saturday so going to check them out to be reminded sometimes all music has to be is fun.

Means leaving the Fremantle Winter Music Festival early but so be it.
One of the great Aussie bands.

Stonefield on Saturday and Seth Sentry next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw Beck, The Strokes, and Blur at Hyde Park. Don't think I'll ever see a better show than Blur in their hometown, in the rain, going through what they should and peppering some Magic Whip songs in (which went down really well). Albarn gets so excited about playing live, he's basically angry. It's a sight alright.

The Peep Tempel in Footscrazy. Hell yeah!
rev3birthday.jpg

The Church on their Blurred Crusade tour tomorrow night at The Gov. Haven't seen them for many years, looking forward to it.

Wait, what? Everclear are still going? The lead singer is a massive utensil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I went to my first and last Everclear gig at Flowers in Adelaide.

I don't ever do this but OMG!

They had a back up guitarist who isn't part of the 'band' who had to play for Art,

That campaigner is cooked on all kinds of s**t shurley. Out of time. Forgetting words. Different planet.

WORST GIG EVER. I left early. And I've been to a lot of gigs, like 200+.

Wow this thread is slow.

Good Riddance at Enigma bar then Pennywise and Anti Flag at HQ.
That last gig will be the best I've been to since Pennywise and Face to face at HQ two years back.
* that was an awesome show. One of the best ever.
Looking forward to the next one. About time 20th anniversary.

Wow this thread is slow.

Good Riddance at Enigma bar then Pennywise and Anti Flag at HQ.
That last gig will be the best I've been to since Pennywise and Face to face at HQ two years back.
**** that was an awesome show. One of the best ever.
Looking forward to the next one. About time 20th anniversary.
Not sure how you can state something will be the best gig before you have actually seen it. Bands can be hit and miss, even your favourites.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back