Bachar Houli allegedly called a Terrorist by 3AW's John Burns

Remove this Banner Ad

Houli is a known muslim (and this was someone in the media...) and right now Islam is the main terror threat. Ridiculous to suggest it's anything other than because he is a muslim.
So if the bloke was as a muslim as white as your typical Irishmen with red hair and clean shaven he would cop similar s**t?

Get real. The muslims who cop this s**t tend to be darker with more facial hair than your average Australian. This type of racism was born out of 9/11.

Last edited:

Then that's two Muslims who debut about 9 years before Houli. May do a search to to find out whether there were any before Sir and Yze. If any, they'll most likely be of Albanian descent due to immigration eras.

I made a comment about lazy journalism on the ninemsn page...low and behold my comment was deleted, along with that section of the article lol

sounds like the 3aw clown invoked the "I know nufink" defence which worked for a big outfit recently.

the cant recall statement is BS. you know if you used that word.

bullshit.jpg

Watching footy classified you would think it's the 7:30.report . I wish they would concentrate on football instead of this storm in a tea cup. Bunch of media dhimmies !

Watching footy classified you would think it's the 7:30.report . I wish they would concentrate on football instead of this storm in a tea cup. Bunch of media dhimmies !

Isn't the entire point of the show to discuss the off-field stuff? It's not meant to be an analysis of the weekend's games, but the stories coming out of those games, and the gossipy stuff surrounding the footy.

What a campaigner.

Richmond probably decided not to make a deal out of it else offend 3AW folk and get bad coverage.

Lack of evidence...One persons word against another, and there isn't exactly a lot that can be done anyway.

Far easier to just accept the apology and move on.

BT has given 3AW a bit of a whack:

Difference is BT, under your helm 3AW Football lost ratings. John Burns has been one half of THE most successful breakfast show in Australia for over 15 years.

Also BT said his things live to air. John Burns said his privately

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you questioning if the Richmond official is actually a Richmond official?

The club has advised it stood behind their persons version of events, so they seem to think they were a club official (and in the right)
Not questioning the official's status, just that the radio made a song and dance about an official overhearing the private conversation.

Not sure why Richmond were fine in accepting Burns` 'apology'?

From what I heard it sounded like an apology to a hypothetical question...not an actual apology.
Where do they appeal? The human rights commission? Ask the cops to press charges?

It's a classic case of 2 different sides and statements and both are apparently backed up by the people around them. Without further evidence nothing can be done. Unless Burns did say it and gets a conscience and admits it.

John of Ross and John, the 3AW morning show that runs before Neil Mitchell in Melbourne.

Hardly a high profile media member, his show finishes before most people get in the car to go to work.

If you're going to make open accusations about somebody, I hope they were well founded...

I suppose they are high profile as 3AW has highest rating AM shows in melbourne (audience shares around 20%) especially if ross and John from breakfast shift (I don't listen to 3AW so apologies for errors). But in a footy (media) sense they are nobodies.

BT has given 3AW a bit of a whack:

Because calling someone a Big NTTAWWT on television is the same thing as someone overhearing a denied unsavoury remark. AW's hands are tied here, wonder what Burns will say tomorrow morning.

Just proves what a soft ****ing club Richmond really is.

Their official statement accepting Burns' apology is irrelevant because Burns did not apologise, he merely said that "if" had had said that (despite having no memory of doing so) her would be "mortified" and would then apologise to anyone he "may" have offended. That is the biggest non-apologetic kick in the balls I have ever read and RFC just lay down and accept it, absolute joke. Had Burns been a regular Joe Bloggs supporter, they would have cancelled his membership and who knows what else...

Racism - in fact many forms of vilification - is not simply about the words. It's about what they represent.

Let's see - someone calling me a white campaigner has absolutely no meaning to me, any more than them calling me a dickhead.

Someone else being called a black campaigner, well hundreds of years of oppression and discrimination of black people means that statement has a lot of meaning to it, and is quite possibly going to offend. It's a statement that represents the oppression and discrimination.

It's a failure of our society that it hasn't been adequately explained to people like you. It's not the words - it's what the words represent, both in the current day and historically. It's actually not that complicated.
As mentioned earlier I was called a white campaigner during a football match. And yes, it did offend me. Or aren't I allowed to be offended because I'm white? I'll admit though, I didn't have time to go off the ground and get my history books so understand why it was racist.

Just proves what a soft ****ing club Richmond really is.

Their official statement accepting Burns' apology is irrelevant because Burns did not apologise, he merely said that "if" had had said that (despite having no memory of doing so) her would be "mortified" and would then apologise to anyone he "may" have offended. That is the biggest non-apologetic kick in the balls I have ever read and RFC just lay down and accept it, absolute joke. Had Burns been a regular Joe Bloggs supporter, they would have cancelled his membership and who knows what else...

I wonder how Richmond react in the future if a respected staff member alleges a person makes comment only to have 'another' witness who happens to be a mate say he didn't say it. Pathetic by the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back