Galaxy S6

Remove this Banner Ad

How on earth is that similar :eek: If this was an Apple thread and I came in here saying Id stick with Samsung over Apple then sure, tell me off and call me an embarassment/ban me whatever. But this is a thread about the S6 and I would rather go back to HTC rather than Apple.
I wasn't talking to you :confused: and I'm not banning anyone.

I just don't see the need for a poster to come in here and start telling people they'd 'lost their dignity' because they wouldn't choose an iPhone.

How on earth is that similar :eek: If this was an Apple thread and I came in here saying Id stick with Samsung over Apple then sure, tell me off and call me an embarassment/ban me whatever. But this is a thread about the S6 and I would rather go back to HTC rather than Apple.

No mods on this board....

Free for all!!!! (assuming admins/super mods don't venture in here)

Pretty impressed with my Note 4 after almost a week of usage. Battery life isn't as good as I thought it was, but still gets me through the day and then some, which is more than I can say for my old iPhone which needed to be plugged in around 7:30 at night.

One annoying gripe I have is that when I plug my Note 4 into the AUX in my car, the music volume is always default to 10/15, and I have to turn it all the way up manually to get any decent sound coming out of my stereo. Wish there was a way to keep it set at 15/15 all the time like you could on the iPhone.

Pretty impressed with my Note 4 after almost a week of usage. Battery life isn't as good as I thought it was, but still gets me through the day and then some, which is more than I can say for my old iPhone which needed to be plugged in around 7:30 at night.

One annoying gripe I have is that when I plug my Note 4 into the AUX in my car, the music volume is always default to 10/15, and I have to turn it all the way up manually to get any decent sound coming out of my stereo. Wish there was a way to keep it set at 15/15 all the time like you could on the iPhone.

I believe thats an inbuilt safety measure for headphones use, and the phone cant tell the difference between headphones and aux.

I just don't see the need for a poster to come in here and start telling people they'd 'lost their dignity' because they wouldn't choose an iPhone.
Why can't people come in here to read up on a phone's without being subject to snide remarks on people who own iPhones as lacking dignity or being sheep? Cuts both ways sunshine!

I just want to read about a top-notch phone without the s**t. This is seemingly an impossibility on the internet though, so perhaps my nativity in the hope that campaigners just STFU is misguided!

Why can't people come in here to read up on a phone's without being subject to snide remarks on people who own iPhones as lacking dignity or being sheep? Cuts both ways sunshine!

I just want to read about a top-notch phone without the s**t. This is seemingly an impossibility on the internet though, so perhaps my nativity in the hope that campaigners just STFU is misguided!

No offence but if you're looking to read up on devices you're better off going to a tech website dedicated to impartial reviews and opinions, forums posts are always going to have a level of bias in them, not to mention the occasional sniping remark.

Fair enough. Feel better now?

I think Samsung might have just won me over. Bit annoyed at the lack of SD card, but I'd rather that than a really hot, underperforming phone. Samsung timed their swap from the Snapdragon to their Exynos very well. I reckon I'll probably get the Edge variant too because it's only a little bit more money for a gimmick that I think is pretty cool. I'll wait until the full reviews come out, but the S6 edge is beginning to look like my next phone now. I never thought I'd say that.

Recently got an S4 issued for a work phone, I have an HTC One Max as my personal phone which I've had for 18 months after having an iPhone for many years.
I'm impressed with the Samsung, so much that I'll upgrade my HTC to either the S6 or Note 4 when my contract is up. I have friends that have either the iPhone 6 or 6 Plus and I don't have any phone envy at all.

Recently got an S4 issued for a work phone, I have an HTC One Max as my personal phone which I've had for 18 months after having an iPhone for many years.
I'm impressed with the Samsung, so much that I'll upgrade my HTC to either the S6 or Note 4 when my contract is up. I have friends that have either the iPhone 6 or 6 Plus and I don't have any phone envy at all.
The Note 4 is a powerhouse

Sublime phone

I'm hoping the Note will still stick with removable back cover and SD Card.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Check out some dual SIM variants of Samsung phones. Easier to carry one phone than to manage two. :p

Check out some dual SIM variants of Samsung phones. Easier to carry one phone than to manage two. :p

Bugger that. Best to keep personal and work phones seperate. My wife had the Gmail app (personal email) for iphone on her work mobile. They did a spot audit went through the emails and she got written up.

Bugger that. Best to keep personal and work phones seperate. My wife had the Gmail app (personal email) for iphone on her work mobile. They did a spot audit went through the emails and she got written up.

Depends on their mobile usage policy, people can basically do whatever they like with their phones here.

This is why I chose to go with an HTC. The apple company and New samsung are just two of the same. The apple company duplicates New samsung, Samung duplicates The apple company, then they sue each other.

seofriendly

I for one wasn't fussed about the S6. Looks good and all, but its not for me. I had a feeling they'd drop expandable storage, their deal with Google probably forced their hand in that aspect, especially with Google pushing for cloud options. The removable battery thing didn't phase me at all. However, I do feel like they're just competing for Apple customers who see something new and shiny and want it for its looks, rather than focus on its built up fan base who want features over looks.

My brother and dad are both HTC fanboys from way back, my sisters two generations into her love with them as well, so maybe I'll go the HTC route next upgrade. Motorola's come leaps and bounds forward since my RAZR HD, also considering them. Can't rule out LG either.

I've still got a year with my S5. So yeah.

I for one wasn't fussed about the S6. Looks good and all, but its not for me. I had a feeling they'd drop expandable storage, their deal with Google probably forced their hand in that aspect, especially with Google pushing for cloud options. The removable battery thing didn't phase me at all. However, I do feel like they're just competing for Apple customers who see something new and shiny and want it for its looks, rather than focus on its built up fan base who want features over looks.

My brother and dad are both HTC fanboys from way back, my sisters two generations into her love with them as well, so maybe I'll go the HTC route next upgrade. Motorola's come leaps and bounds forward since my RAZR HD, also considering them. Can't rule out LG either.

I've still got a year with my S5. So yeah.

Agreed, S6 really doesn't seem like anything other than a direct competitor to the iPhone....... I thought that was why they brought in the Alpha.

The HTC M8/M9 looks good from the small amount of time I've spent playing with them, I had high hopes for Motorola a while back but they just haven't hit the mark and have very little marketing in this country after the failed push to Intel chipsets. LG look ok but they really need to fix their battery issues.

None of the phones wow me at the moment, hopefully the upcoming Sony flagship device looks ok (not the Z4 that just got announced, that's just a Z3 refresh).

I'm really conflicted with what phone to get next. I've spent some time with the S6 and S6 Edge, and the S6 Edge is a really great phone with a great camera, but the lack of an SD card slot is a bit of an issue for me price wise. Because I plan to keep my next phone for longer than usual I'd like something that could support extra storage. The M9 is fantastic too! It didn't run hot at all while I used it, while the old One Mini was almost too hot to touch. Also, I think the M9 is getting a bit too much s**t for it's camera, I was in pretty poor lighting and the photos looked pretty good. I am coming from an M7 with the purple tinge that I never bothered to get fixed, so there is that to factor in. I'm very interested in the LG G4, but the speakers on the One series is something I absolutely love, so I don't know if I could handle the G4. The Note 5 and OnePlus Two are two phones I'm interested in, but they might be too far away. Motorola might release something that could do well for me. I've even been interested in the Nexus 6, but I'm not sure how that would go for me. I did look at iphones, but I just can't stand iOS.

TLDR: too many phones, none are just right for me

I'm really conflicted with what phone to get next. I've spent some time with the S6 and S6 Edge, and the S6 Edge is a really great phone with a great camera, but the lack of an SD card slot is a bit of an issue for me price wise. Because I plan to keep my next phone for longer than usual I'd like something that could support extra storage. The M9 is fantastic too! It didn't run hot at all while I used it, while the old One Mini was almost too hot to touch. Also, I think the M9 is getting a bit too much s**t for it's camera, I was in pretty poor lighting and the photos looked pretty good. I am coming from an M7 with the purple tinge that I never bothered to get fixed, so there is that to factor in. I'm very interested in the LG G4, but the speakers on the One series is something I absolutely love, so I don't know if I could handle the G4. The Note 5 and OnePlus Two are two phones I'm interested in, but they might be too far away. Motorola might release something that could do well for me. I've even been interested in the Nexus 6, but I'm not sure how that would go for me. I did look at iphones, but I just can't stand iOS.

TLDR: too many phones, none are just right for me

Cost is an important factor too. Ozbargain had grey import S5 for 369 yesterday. The rumours of warehouses full of them might just be true.

If your not desperate for a new phone you could wait for the nexus 5 2015

Cracked screen on Note 3 the other day :( Good news is contract is just about up (though will still get that screen fixed), was thinking of something new entirely like an M9, even flirted with the idea of an iPhone. But the Edge looks pretty irresistible.

Cracked screen on Note 3 the other day :( Good news is contract is just about up (though will still get that screen fixed), was thinking of something new entirely like an M9, even flirted with the idea of an iPhone. But the Edge looks pretty irresistible.

Edge looks ok but any excitement of a curved will be quickly lost when you can't find covers or screen protectors.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back