Benny Gale on FC

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Hutchy brought out a good point in regards to the age gap between the coach and the players. A coach has to relate to the players very well nowadays, and many of the Gen Y generations have not grown up with tough parenting, so do not respond well to the "old school" way of coaching.

Judging the Richmond group from the outside, they do leave the impression that they want a "cool" coach. Not saying Hardwick isn't cool, but they probably want someone young that they can relate to very well and will ultimately play for. Kinda the way Essendon's crew are with James Hird.

The only older coaches that I could see the Richmond players play for at the moment would be Mark Williams (Choco) and Kevin Sheedy. None of the others to be honest.

I say that the Richmond should take a skilled young coach who had a good feel of the modern day game and at the same time can build a good relationship with the players if they get rid of Hardwick.

Someone like Matthew Knights? Fits the mold perfectly.

Lepa was a loss. Campbell did what he always does. Says he loves the club and looks after himself.
No with Campbell as I heard a different story. Won't say though bc it was hearsay and the source wasn't well known to me. My odd yarns with Campo suggested that he was a genuine bloke and would run through a brick wall for the club. Don't be surprised to see him return once some heads move on. Campo bit his pride years ago and became a better player and person for it
He was a huge loss to our club

Brendon Gale looked as if he believed his words tonight, but felt guilty for doing so as he knows what others would think of him for saying it.

I didn't have a problem with Caro's tough questions. I mean, she has a point when she says that a record number of fans are signing up to the worst performing side of the traditional clubs (in general of course). As a Richmond supporter herself, she voiced the questions that many Richmond fans would have asked if they were in her position and had the guts to. She set the record straight when he said that they have improved every year from 2010, because 2014 is not an improvement to 2013. I could personally argue as well that 2013 was a downgrade to 2012 in certain aspects, such as the form of many of our players although we did not make the finals that year (We could have easily made finals that year and smashed it IMO).

No with Campbell as I heard a different story. Won't say though bc it was hearsay and the source wasn't well known to me. My odd yarns with Campo suggested that he was a genuine bloke and would run through a brick wall for the club. Don't be surprised to see him return once some heads move on. Campo bit his pride years ago and became a better player and person for it
He was a huge loss to our club

Fair enough he has always divided opinions about him amongst supporters.

"Stylo, post: 38216371, member: 126770"]Lack of effort hasn't been the issue IMO. Our tackle counts have been through the roof by our standards. s**t skills under pressure are our downfall[/QUOTE]

Well yes our skills under pressure have been poor but the real reason we're so bad is that we are unable to create that pressure on our opposition.

s**t tackling is one of the issues. You have to be blind to watch our games and be happy with tackling. The stats are complete BS in regards to tackling. Numbers mean bugger all if the tackles are under 12 hard.
90% of our tackles are weak and the opposition stands up and dishes a handball off. We area terrible tackling side, have been for ages.

Tackling is another massive fail by coach mediocre.

He did mention that crumbing in our forward line is an area we are down in Or something along those lines.
Correct he did but he also made it very clear that they needed to be able to go through the midfield to add depth . My impression was that he suggested that our mids need to add that to there game .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"

Well yes our skills under pressure have been poor but the real reason we're so bad is that we are unable to create that pressure on our opposition.

s**t tackling is one of the issues. You have to be blind to watch our games and be happy with tackling. The stats are complete BS in regards to tackling. Numbers mean bugger all if the tackles are under 12 hard.
90% of our tackles are weak and the opposition stands up and dishes a handball off. We area terrible tackling side, have been for ages.

Tackling is another massive fail by coach mediocre.
There are more than enough threads about to s**t can Damien hardwick , can you please leave this one on track and discussing the Gale on FC interview . Thanks .

Don't forget we offered Winderlich and Mitch Robinson spots on our lists but both decided not to come . That's really investing in the draft . Hardwick spins more than Wallace which is very disappointing
Weren't they going to be PSD's? Like Taylor Hunt was.

I saw it as more straight forward than a few have posted (as in not all the hidden messages).

1. He fronted up to absorb some heat (i think this is good)
2. He said (well, my paraphrasing) the club is in this together from his role, to Dimma to the players. (I also think this is good and I believe him. No use hanging a guy out to dry with 2 years on a contract. Having said that, even Dimma would realise RFC has a job to do to a look at all options re: coaching. Benny's behind him until/if a more sensible coaching proposition comes along. That's just prudent business sense.)
3. Said we've had injuries and our depth is not as good as say Freo. Again, I think that is clear and a good response.
4. Mentioned we've come from a very difficult place with compromised drafts and having to turn the list over more aggressively than other clubs. Have shown improvement (again, support which is good)

Do agree he was getting a little testy with Hutchy and Caro. I've seen this before and didn't see it as that different to other times he's been quizzed about something that is not exactly going to plan. Mind you, not like he has the same self control gene as Al Clarkson ;-)
People will always look for what they want to see, things could be going better, yes, no one would be happy. apart from the media, with the way we played on Friday.

Yes they were but if we picked them up then that would of meant we couldn't have taken Butler or McKenzie in the draft which is not going deep into the draft like they are trying to sell us .
Why not? We wouldn't have got Winderlich, Robinson and Hunt, it was only ever going to be one, that's my understanding and I'm happy we got Hunt, and I hope McKenzie and Butler become steals of the century, time will tell.

LOL Mitch Robinson wanted more money, we said no, so he went to Brisbane for more cash and a longer term. We only offered him one year on 50-7k a year or something silly like that. Club actually did ok with that as would anyone be happy having Mitch in the side ?

What I took out of it is that the club is not blind, Ben is fully aware We have zero depth. If we lose 2-3 of our starting 22 our C and D graders which we have many cant cover and our results are predictable, Ie s**t. Now we are paying for the compromised drafts but as well as not being as aggressive as we could have been come draft time.

The positive to me, is that we know we stuffed it last year and will 100% correct that come the end of year draft by being aggressive.
cmon mate nobody plays afl footy for 50-70k a year:confused:
Libba 3 years ago was getting 80k a year for Sunbury:$
go and check afl salaries:cry:

cmon mate nobody plays afl footy for 50-70k a year:confused:
Libba 3 years ago was getting 80k a year for Sunbury:$
go and check afl salaries:cry:

You were "asleep" and maybe missed it but a Friend/brother of Mitch was posting on our board at the time and confirmed we only offered 1 year and base salary. His mate was shocked as it was a very low base. I back what he said as he was proved right. Maybe do a search to see :)

Tells me Benny is fully behind Dimma and the reason we are going bad is because of our list which isn't far from the mark.
Had some shocking luck with injuries.
We can do it at full steam as Dimma has gotten us into finals two years running,something not achieved at the club for many a year.

Hird has a plentiful list at his disposal and is sitting2-2.
Where's the heat up his arse?
Also , we do not know how good the Dees Bullies will be so the soft draw talk is rubbish.

Sorry buddy, wanting the media to go after other clubs is silly. RFC deserves every bit of what is written and said. You talk about essendon, they won a premiership in 2000, when was the last time we even came close RFC has been a basket case for so long and still continues to be at least on field.

The same media will praise the club if and when it proves they are good..! until then, i say give RFC the shits all day long...!

You were "asleep" and maybe missed it but a Friend/brother of Mitch was posting on our board at the time and confirmed we only offered 1 year and base salary. His mate was shocked as it was a very low base. I back what he said as he was proved right. Maybe do a search to see :)
don't need to bc base salary is not 70k. also we would be breaching the award
i remember that clown his idea of base salary was more like 500-700k a year. typical fanboi overrating a spud mate or relative

Also how about him making a point to see him go straight to Cotch after the game and ask for answers.
Maybe, maybe not. He is seen in the rooms talking with players after games all the time.

Fair enough but I'll wait till we have players back and are still serving up that rubbish before blowing a gasket but I'm a realist who believes that dimma wants to drop some players due to bad form but can't because of our injuries.

Great result against manure on the weekend:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back