Bomber Bears

Cancelled
Sep 30, 2005
Wollongong
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
North Sydney, Liverpool, NSW
Wainright possibly done for the season after an achilles injury whilst batting, awaiting scans

Great start by the Astros, 3 game lead in the division!! Pitching has been outstanding, Keuchel's been tremendous, just two earned runs in 29 innings. Harris, Sipp and Gregerson been great in relief. Have not lost a game where we've had the lead.

Batting needs to improve, too much hit and miss although Altuve, Lowrie and Marisnick have been solid.

Nasty comebacker to the face for Archie Bradley today. Thankfully, he walked himself from the field and was even back from hospital by games end. Will still take a DL stint though. Shame, he's been enormous this season!

Bomber Bears

Cancelled
Sep 30, 2005
Wollongong
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
North Sydney, Liverpool, NSW
Jon Lester has been improving each start, culminating in 7 IP, 3 hits, one walk, 4 k's, 0 ER today as Cubs win 1-0 after Addison Russels first career HR.

And A-rod equalled Willie Mays 660 career HR's with a pinch hit, go ahead HR against the Red Sox. Perfectly fits to get it against his teams biggest rival in their park. Actually been fascinating following that whole story play out this year

Last edited:

Dan Moody

That, was liquid football
Apr 3, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Jon Lester has been improving each start, culminating in 7 IP, 3 hits, one walk, 4 k's, 0 ER today as Cubs win 1-0 after Addison Russels first career HR.

And A-rod equalled Willie Mays 660 career HR's with a pinch hit, go ahead HR against the Red Sox. Perfectly fits to get it against his teams biggest rival in their park. Actually been fascinating following that whole story play out this year
Seems majority of Baseball public aren't happy that A-Roids gone past Mays. Yankees electing not to pay him the $6m bonus due to inability to market him.
I'm sure he's devastated missing out on what would be chump change to him.

no orange peeler

Cancelled
Jan 21, 2007
livin the dream
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Yankees tottenham hotspur ny giants
What the hell is going on with the Yankees :eek: Even Beltram is hitting now

stuffed if i know but i am happy for it to keep rolling as long as possible. Our Pitching is what has been impressing me the most apart from CC :p I hate that we rely on power though. doesn't hold up in pressure games.

Big Unit 30

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🐅⏰
May 3, 2015
Playboy Mansion
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Cubs Blackhawks Fulham Ivanhoe FC
Kris Bryant looking great the last week!! The Cubs are super exciting.

Never been as excited about the future so much in my 20 years of being a Cubs fan.
While we won't be challenging this season, the ceiling is high, and with natural progression and maturity of these young guys and some pitching upgrades in the future we will be top shelf soon enough.

As to be expected we lose a series to the stinking Brewers and duly go 3-0 up to the all conquering Mets.....only da cubbies!

Special Agent Utah

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 15, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls/Bears Texas Rangers
Cubs lose and can't get 7 on a row but a magnificent homestand by the Cubs.

Josh Hamilton went 4-5 yesterday in Double A and looks about a week away from re joining the Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back