Let's talk Ports!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love twilight games myself. Though I'd prefer Saturday's in that timeslot over Sunday's.

I hate sunday twilight because it means ill literally be preparing for work and popping off to bed after i get home due to travel times and reasons unknown to science.

I hate sunday twilight because it means ill literally be preparing for work and popping off to bed after i get home due to travel times and reasons unknown to science.

One of the great benefits of having a job where you knock off and don't even have to think about work until you walk back in there the next day.

PS - As I typed this reply I just had a woman walking her dog approach me and ask quite legitimately "How do I get a cushy job like this?". ;)

3:40am here. Not too happy as you can imagine. It's probably worse than 6:40.

This is what we had to deal with during the World Cup!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What Moore needs to do is get the same level of swagger and confidence that he has when he plays sanfl and transfer it across to AFL

That's why I want him to be played in some of the teams against the bottom 8 teams

One of the great benefits of having a job where you knock off and don't even have to think about work until you walk back in there the next day.

PS - As I typed this reply I just had a woman walking her dog approach me and ask quite legitimately "How do I get a cushy job like this?". ;)

To which you replied "have muscles, a big dick and an outgoing personality."

Last edited:
This is what we had to deal with during the World Cup!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha I remember during the 2002 World Cup (Japan and Korea) I actually loved the unusual times because it meant I did not have to miss any games due to school so I could watch everything I wanted. Of course sometimes it was not so good, I remember falling asleep in quite a few matches. But I also remember screaming out loud at something like 3am when Argentina were knocked out in group stage.

Stuff her, how do I get a cushy job like that?

EDIT: just saw Feel's post. Damn, if only I had an outgoing personality.

To which you replied "have muscles, a big dick and an outgoing personaility."

Ive got an outgoing personality, and I can go to the gym, and take tablets I keep getting emails about to improve the other two... Where do I apply?

Sent from my MacBook Pro using Safari and a Keyboard

Not as bad as Thursday night's, but Sunday twilight is get home, get kids in bed straight away, then get s**t ready for the week. Only really like them if it's a public holiday or school holidays the Monday.

Love the idea of Thursday nights too. Already booked holidays so I can go to Sydney for the SCG Thursday night game and not have to be up for work after the Adelaide Oval one against Collongwood a week later.
Hate any midweek game...including Fridays (though I love watching these evenings on TV). After work I don't want to be rushing around for the footy, Saturday is the best followed by Sunday mornings and Sunday twilight.

Just goes to show that there is no sweet spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hate any midweek game...including Fridays (though I love watching these evenings on TV). After work I don't want to be rushing around for the footy, Saturday is the best followed by Sunday mornings and Sunday twilight.

Just goes to show that there is no sweet spot.

If given my choice I'd still take Saturday Night over all else. The only slots I really object to are the really early games.

What Moore needs to do is get the same level of swagger and confidence that he has when he plays sanfl and transfer it across to AFL

That's why I want him to be played in some of the teams against the bottom 8 teams

Being able to play more than 3 games in a row at any level would also help.

If given my choice I'd still take Saturday Night over all else. The only slots I really object to are the really early games.
Saturday night beats all!

Though as a traditionalist I like Saturday 3pm.

Friday Night > Saturday Night > Saturday Twilight > Sunday Twilight > Saturday afternoon > Sunday afternoon

Friday Night > Saturday Night > Saturday Twilight > Sunday Twilight > Saturday afternoon > Sunday afternoon
Congrats on the attempt at chronological order but you messed up those last three. Good effort though. I'm really proud of you

I don't think a WA Derby has ever been shown on free to air TV in SA. I can't remember ever watching one. I imagine it's similar over there with showdowns.

Essendon and St Kilda would probably have more of a following in WA than the SA teams, so it's more of an embuggerance than a scandal really.

Showdowns and WA Derbies should be promoted as big events nationally.

No that is reserved for essendon vs. Collingwood and collingwood vs. Carlton and collingwood vs. Gws and carlton vs. Melbourne.

Can i just say port has no depth? Seriously, that richmond pre-season game. Pfft. Oh and how about that hawks game on the weekend? Could barely even hold onto a 50 point lead without a number of star players. As soon as we lose one player we become s**t.

Oh wait.

But then again, #lobbeeffect

Also inb4 "we beat them in the pre-season" is used as an arguement by crows fans.

Showdowns and WA Derbies should be promoted as big events nationally.

The tv executives see these games at best as Newcastle United v Sunderland and West Brom v Wolves - only the great Victorian rivalries equate to the London, Manchester and Liverpool/Everton derbies

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back