Recruiting EFC Trade/Draft Talk II with F/A rules in OP - Billings for a fourth rounder the latest rumour

What do we do with the #1 pick?

• Use it

Votes: 73 47.4%
  • Trade it for multiple top 10 picks

Votes: 65 42.2%
  • Trade it for players

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Trade it for players and first round picks

Votes: 13 8.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carlisle is very very unlikely to leave Melbourne.

Personal thing.

Thoughts on Jeremy Howe guys? Wouldn't mind him in the red and black!

Meh. What does he add other than a highlight reel?

apparently a ludicrous pricetag. If he actually wants that much money I hope Melbourne tell him to shove it and ship him off the queensland somewhere

Jack Darling anybody? If he does leave like the rumours say, he'd be perfect for our forward line.
Where have these rumours come from?

He wont leave Perth

Crozier would be a great asset to us, hard to know what he would cost. I thought hed be best 22 at Fremantle this year i had him locked in but even without Ballantyne hes starting sub. and not best 22 at Fremantle.

Hed step right into our best side and give us what we need. As someone said Jeffy Garlett wouldve been perfect for us.

I think we need a genuine FF/CHF before we start throwing the big money at a Dangerfield, Treloar, Aish, Shiel ect and Shiel would be my pick of that bunch but he sure is driving his price tag right up with how hes going this year.

Can Jeremy Howe play as a key FF/CHF thats where ive seen him play his best football, still think Melbourne should play him forward.

Kakkle Do you really think Aaran Black would cost that much if he wants out because he cant get a game at North Melbourne? Maybe a 20-25/30 pick id guess.

Last edited:
Where have these rumours come from?

He wont leave Perth

Crozier would be a great asset to us, hard to know what he would cost. I thought hed be best 22 at Fremantle this year i had him locked in but even without Ballantyne hes starting sub. and not best 22 at Fremantle.

Hed step right into our best side and give us what we need. As someone said Jeffy Garlett wouldve been perfect for us.

I think we need a genuine FF/CHF before we start throwing the big money at a Dangerfield, Treloar, Aish, Shiel ect and Shiel would be my pick of that bunch but he sure is driving his price tag right up with how hes going this year.

Can Jeremy Howe play as a key FF/CHF thats where ive seen him play his best football, still think Melbourne should play him forward.

Kakkle Do you really think Aaran Black would cost that much if he wants out because he cant get a game at North Melbourne? Maybe a 20-25/30 pick id guess.

I think so. North hold all the cards, we would have to pay overs. He'll get game time at North next year anyway. I don't see him leaving. No to Jeremy Howe. Very inconsistent and would come with a hefty price tag.

Crozier should be high on radar. Out of contract and would cost a 3rd rounder.

I think so. North hold all the cards, we would have to pay overs. He'll get game time at North next year anyway. I don't see him leaving. No to Jeremy Howe. Very inconsistent and would come with a hefty price tag.

Crozier should be high on radar. Out of contract and would cost a 3rd rounder.
I think Crozier would be worth more, a 2nd rounder. Unless he wants to walk, uncontracted and signals his intent to Essendon.

Whens Blacks contract finish?

Thoughts on Jeremy Howe guys? Wouldn't mind him in the red and black!

For starters this seems like the Dustin Martin situation where the manager has misread his client's wishes and the tea leaves generally.

Howe is an interesting player because he can play on a wing or as mid-sized/third tall forward.

My initial reaction is that he is not worth $500k let alone the $650k because he won't play significant role in a structural sense and would not be one of the gun players but it would not surprise me if he went on to be a player that is worth that sort of money. If it happens it seems like it will be at Melbourne which is a good thing.

I think Crozier would be worth more, a 2nd rounder. Unless he wants to walk, uncontracted and signals his intent to Essendon.

Whens Blacks contract finish?

How does a bit part small forward command a second round pick? It seems to be completely disproportionate to the value of players like Ryder and Cooney who were ultimately traded for that sort of value.

Last edited:
How does a bit part small forward command a second round pick? It seems to be completely disproportionate to the value of players like Ryder and Cooney who were ultimately traded for that sort of value.

Should be able to get ballentyne of Walters for a second rounder then lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about Jeremy Cameron? Uncontracted after 2015.

Is a big-ticket item and would cost a small fortune though :(
He re-signed with GWS

Would anyone be keen on Kersten or Walker from the cats? Both out of contract I'm pretty sure. Would be fairly cheap to. Walker looked good a few weeks ago. Kersten impressed me last year. With Clark and Tommahawk in the side there isn't much room for them... Thoughts??

Would anyone be keen on Kersten or Walker from the cats? Both out of contract I'm pretty sure. Would be fairly cheap to. Walker looked good a few weeks ago. Kersten impressed me last year. With Clark and Tommahawk in the side there isn't much room for them... Thoughts??
Kersten could go alright. I just wonder if he is better suited to the second tall position or if he is a third tall type player. He's listed at 191 cm.

Edit: and you could add Stanley and Vardy to the list of players fighting for spots up forward.

Vardy would be terrific if he wasn't so susceptible to injuries. Probably plays too similarly to the forwards we already have though.

We need a Jack Riewoldt, Matthew Pavlich type

Is Howe any different to a Jack Gunston in terms of size/stature. No way would i pay such dollars for him though in the vicinity of 600k. 500k should be taking a calculated gamble to move a good talented player away from a club as they fill a need.

BrunoV Crozier was picked with 17 from memory and is starting to comr along quite nicely. Im not sure a 3rd rounder would get him right now, it will depend what happens with him for this season. Maybe a late 2nd early 3rd rounder, id be interested to know what freo fans think his worth is.

Teams would be more then happy to part with 1st round picks for guys like Ballantyne, Walters ect

I dont think a 30-40 range pick would be too wrong for Croziers worth.

I can't believe people wanting to trade Carlisle, patience people.
reminds me when we were talking about trading Hooker, Ryder, Geelong supporters wanting to trade Hawkins, Carlton actually trading Kennedy and Jacobs, Brisbane actually trading Henderson, it can be a bloody BIG mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back