Remember when Sydney losing Malceski was a massive blow for their 2015 flag prospects...

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm not sure anyone thought he'd be a massive blow to the Swans' flag hopes, given they had contingencies for his HBF type role.

But he has been absolutely horrendous for the Suns. I can't think of a mature age recruit from another club that came across as a gun that's been as bad as he has so far, since probably Fevola. Still plenty of time to turn it around obviously but has been no good thus far

Could still be.

Didn't see a lot of clean disposal from half back in the first half against Freo. Rhyce Shaw isn't a spring chicken. Ladiler hasn't played much finals and Rampe isn't at his best.

You aren't missing the current version of phoning it in and collecting a pay cheque/ injured Malceski.

But that doesn't mean you are fully sorted at half back and wouldn't have missed him if he was still giving 110% and in the Swans system as well as team.

Of course you wouldn't remember, you are a robot.

tumblr_l6ht47A6s11qc073co1_400.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weren't Sydney favourites (or at least 2nd favourite) for the flag at the start of the year?

We've seen 2 teams lose the 2 best players of this generation only to win the flag the next year, Malceski was unfortunate, but never disastrous.

Campbell Brown, Nathan Bock, Jared Brennan, Nathan Krakouer. Scott Clayton has some explaining to do.
Colin Sylvia.
/thread

I'm not sure anyone thought he'd be a massive blow to the Swans' flag hopes, given they had contingencies for his HBF type role.

But he has been absolutely horrendous for the Suns. I can't think of a mature age recruit from another club that came across as a gun that's been as bad as he has so far, since probably Fevola. Still plenty of time to turn it around obviously but has been no good thus far

Fev had 13 goals by the end of round 4 in 2010.

In fairness Dane Rampe has been an absolutely putrid replacement. When the pressure is on come September I know who I'd rather have with ball in hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back