Essendon fan incident with Chris Judd

Remove this Banner Ad

The club he supports is completely irrelevant, but unfortunately people don't need much to tar you all with the same brush. The person involved seems to have either a mental illness or an addiction to something and he shouldn't reflect on you as a supporter group. I think it's seriously unfair that it's being reported as "ESSENDON fan attacks Chris Judd" rather than anything else.

He might have just picked up some free clothes from the op shop - Patrick Smith may have donated his singlet when he changed teams. They seem about the same size and intellect

Yep, for this I'm not sure how Essendon comes into this apart from the clothing.

In that area (Carlton, Fitzroy, Collingwood), you get a lot of people from lower socio-economic groups wandering around the cafe areas who have substance (drugs/alcohol) abuse problems and/or mental health issues.

Although as others have pointed out, there is a massive contrast between this and the Clarkson issue.

The club he supports is completely irrelevant, but unfortunately people don't need much to tar you all with the same brush. The person involved seems to have either a mental illness or an addiction to something and he shouldn't reflect on you as a supporter group. I think it's seriously unfair that it's being reported as "ESSENDON fan attacks Chris Judd" rather than anything else.
Very well said.

I think Judd handled it well too.

I remember once at a venue we saw an ex North Premiership player come in with his wife and another couple. Within 5-10 minutes the 3 blokes started mouthing off to him. Security cam along and cleared them off, player shrugged it off, but I thought what a bunch of farkwits picking on a bloke for no reason. Once they leave the field they're just like everyone else.

I am surprised that more of these incidents didn't happen in the last two years. The emotive reporting and saturation in the media of the supplements saga was a power keg ready to explode - We are lucky the keg fairly much stayed intact.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe Judd pulled a funny face
LKGy6bx.jpg

Just on Judd complaining about people making money out of this incident, wasn't his interview with Channel 9 an 'exclusive'?

I think its a good article. The money making side of it.

I see the unfortunate side of the story for Essendon. Despite the intentions of the media, not everyone who hears or reads the news is stupid enough to think that this clown involved is anything that Essendon wish to be associated with, same thing for Port with their incident, its not a reflection on Port.

The headline just doesn't look as good as 'scumbag harasses football player'. We need to start an exchange program with some third world countries where we can ship over the filth of society and bring over people can actually contribute to society.

Just because someone supports your club, does not mean that your club supports them!

The media can be so negative.

Why "Essendon fan threatens Chris Judd"?

Why not "Good samaritan offers to help Malthouse's rebuild"?

My sides hurt. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back