Media Footypie32's Rankings Thread. Just cuz!!

Footypie, you really should have put yourself...

• At number 1.

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • In the top 10.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • down.

Votes: 10 58.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Why am I doing a rankings thread? Because we haven't had one for awhile and this place is getting boring. So I'm giving something for the people to complain about... they seem to enjoy that.

I've tried to get around the Sweet FA lately and take notice of who's who. I've tried to base these rankings on this season only, but of course, posters with 'runs on the board' have been given priority. Statistics have been completely ignored, while Media threads and and a league wide presence will get you bonus points.

This is my list of the top 20 posters in the league right now...

1. Frankston Rover - Has continued his season 18 form and leads the Warriors from the front. A funny bugger that enjoys the league in the right way.

2. pantskyle - Says he's bored with the league, but his quantity and quality have remained steady. The latter perhaps even improving.

3. BigJoeD - Has become an incredibly well-rounded poster. Very few weaknesses and continues to impress the league with his creativity.

4. brahj - An endless palette of creativity, brahj has taken to the league like a duck to water. The leagues pin-up.

5. Marlowe - Has scaled his posting back a little this season and it has probably helped him. With captaincy duties taking up more of his time he has sought more efficiency in his posts. His dry wit becoming sharper by the post. You never scroll past a Marlowe post.

6. The Filth Wizard - Another that has trimmed his posting back. He can be forgiven though, given his time is spread between captaincy, podcasts and other media work.

7. Mr Eagle - Has grabbed the Hawks captaincy with both hands and has revelled in the roll, going from talented role-player to superstar seemingly over night. He's so hot right now.

8. Juggalo Balla - Has always been notorious for his hot-temper, but has found a milder, more creative side this year, that seems to have been unearthed by his shift to the Royals.

9. fitzroybulldog - The Roys captain is all class. He is the quintessential nice-guy, but that doesn't mean he's a pushover. The Sweet FA's Rory Sloane.

10. Danoz - While most of the recognition should go to the mountain of work he does regarding stats, his posting has also improved considerably this season. Has gained a certain confidence.

11. Smartys Power - I predicted he would grow as a poster this season and I'm very happy to be right on this one. Has kept Demons match threads ticking over all season and has ventured out into other threads (very important in my rankings), even trying his hand at some media threads. Will be a captain one day.

12. ClarkeM - While I've never been a huge fan of his, his Media work this season has been epic. Still one of the biggest names in the league.

13. Okeydoke7 - Has admitted he has struggled to deal with the demands of the top job, but has really been a key figure in the Hawks resurgence.

14. Willo_ - Easily the best rookie in a season devoid of any real challengers. His Sweet FA Inquisition series has been an interesting read, but still lacks a level of creativity we all know Willo_ is capable of.

15. Noobz0r - Just a good solid poster. Doesn't spam. Doesn't get sucked into bullshit.

16. Wise Guy Sam - I thought about putting Sam higher, but then I'd be accused of being biased towards future Demons players. His work in the Dees v Hawks thread was some of the best this season.

17. Son of God - Was a lot higher on my list at the start of the season, but a few episodes have left a bad taste in my mouth and subsequently seen Soggy fall down the rankings. It still says something that he is still top 20.

18. Rendered Unsafe - Has been very good this season and perhaps one of the most underrated players in the comp. Has also stepped up to post games when boncer has been unavailable which scores extra points.

19. Wacky Tiger - Has a huge presence within the Sweet FA, but occasionally just seems happy to coast along and it shows in his posts. Needs to add another string to his bow.

20. This is Anfield - I was one that probably didn't appreciate him as much as I should have until his mini retirement and subsequent return. A bit like his captain, in that his posts can lack depth, but can produce quality when he puts the effort in. Probably says something about the league that he is in the top 20.

Honourable mentions: Broken, HawkPatrol, Beng, spookism, Citroin,

Think I've got it wrong?

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Why am I doing a rankings thread? Because we haven't had one for awhile and this place is getting boring. So I'm giving something for the people to complain about... they seem to enjoy that.

I've tried to get around the Sweet FA lately and take notice of who's who. I've tried to base these rankings on this season only, but of course, posters with 'runs on the board' have been given priority. Statistics have been completely ignored, while Media threads and and a league wide presence will get you bonus points.

This is my list of the top 20 posters in the league right now...

1. Frankston Rover - Has continued his season 18 form and lead the Warriors from the front. A funny bugger that enjoys the league in the right way.

2. pantskyle - Says he's bored with the league, but his quantity and quality have remained steady. The latter perhaps even improving.

3. BigJoeD - Has become an incredibly well-rounded poster. Very few weaknesses and continues to impress the league with his creativity.

4. brahj - An endless palette of creativity, brahj has taken to the league like a duck to water. The leagues pin-up.

5. Marlowe - Has scaled his posting back a little this season and it has probably helped him. With captaincy duties taking up more of his time he has sought more efficiency in his posts. His dry wit becoming sharper by the post. You never scroll past a Marlowe post.

6. The Filth Wizard - Another that has trimmed his posting back. He can be forgiven though, given his time is spread between captaincy, podcasts and other media work.

7. Mr Eagle - Has grabbed the Hawks captaincy with both hands and has revelled in the roll, going from talented role-player to superstar seemingly over night. He's so hot right now.

8. Juggalo Balla - Has always been notorious for his hot-temper, but has found a milder, more creative side this year, that seems to have been unearthed by his shift to the Royals.

9. fitzroybulldog - The Roys captain is all class. He is the quintessential nice-guy, but that doesn't mean he's a pushover. The Sweet FA's Rory Sloane.

10. Danoz - While most of the recognition should go to the mountain of work he does regarding stats, his posting has also improved considerably this season. Has gained a certain confidence.

11. Smartys Power - I predicted he would grow as a poster this season and I'm very happy to be right on this one. Has kept Demons match threads ticking over all season and has ventured out into other threads (very important in my rankings), even trying his hand at some media threads. Will be a captain one day.

12. ClarkeM - While I've never been a huge fan of his, his Media work this season his been epic. Still one of the biggest names in the league.

13. Okeydoke7 - Has admitted he has struggled to deal with the demands of the top job, but has really been a key figure in the Hawks resurgence.

14. Willo_ - Easily the best rookie in a season devoid of any real challengers. His Sweet FA Inquisition series has been an interesting read, but still lacks a level of creativity we all know Willo_ is capable of.

15. Noobz0r - Just a good solid poster. Doesn't spam. Doesn't get sucked into bullshit.

16. Wise Guy Sam - I thought about putting Sam higher, but then I'd be accused of being biased towards future Demons players. His work in the Dees v Hawks thread was some of the best this season.

17. Son of God - Was a lot higher on my list at the start of the season, but a few episodes have left a bad taste in my mouth and subsequently seen Soggy fall down the rankings. It still says something that he is still top 20.

18. Rendered Unsafe - Has been very good this season and perhaps one of the most underrated players in the comp. Has also stepped up to post games when boncer has been unavailable which scores extra points.

19. Wacky Tiger - Has a huge presence within the Sweet FA, but occasionally just seems happy to coast along and it shows in his posts. Needs to add another string to his bow.

20. This is Anfield - I was one that probably didn't appreciate him as much as I should have until his mini retirement and subsequent return. A bit like his captain, in that his posts can lack depth, but can produce quality when he puts the effort in. Probably says something about the league that he is in the top 20.

Honourable mentions: Broken, HawkPatrol, Beng, spookism, Citroin,

Think I've got it wrong?

giphy.gif
Not quite as good as Gee Dub rankings but i'll take it ;)

Oh and I think you know me too well :oops:

But.....
I'd be in the top 30, yeah? Yeah? YEAH!? 40? 50? Give me something!

I didn't forget about you. You just need to show a bit more consistency. The ability is there, but you need to work at it.

On a side note: it's amazing just how having a whole bunch of housework to do can inspire media threads...

You've seen some of the s**t Ive come up with on nightshift, right? Sounds good in my head at 3am, doesnt get responded to well the next day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You've seen some of the s**t Ive come up with on nightshift, right? Sounds good in my head at 3am, doesnt get responded to well the next day.
Hey Danoz was the fire sale a 3am bright idea ;)

Back