Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just discovered how the crows got their faux monogram squiggly ugly thing. Check out the bridge on king william. There are Big steel monograms on the pylons that look suspiciously similar. Adelaide just tweaked the "FC" in there somewhere.

So their faux monogram is both not original, AND never used by them. #stolen #justlikeeverythingelse #faux #sackwalsh

And condions at the MCG were hardly what you'd call conducive to dominant forward displays either.

Not to mention the 79 inside 50's the Hawks had that Carlile had a role in defending.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlile played one of THE great fullback games on Saturday night.
Someone probably said at the meeting, Carlile played well, then someone else would have said, yeh, Carlisle..nah, played up forward most of the game.

#seewhattheydidthere

Why do you bother with that leper colony?

Spat my coffee out at that one. :D

Interesting looking at us compared to Geelong. We have both played Hawthorn, Freo and North (they won against GC) and you can see what that sort of hard, harsh football will do to a side. They're looking ragged and have been written off in a lot of quarters for even a finals berth.

Alarmingly Freo have played Port, Geelong, West Coast and Sydney and won the lot. It's a dream start for them and they now have a ride of easier games. Our round 23 clash against them is going to be another vital game in determining the shape of the top 4 you'd think.

The Showdown will be hard, as they always are. I'm really keen for us to wipe the floor with them to be honest given some of the posturing of the 'leper colony'. But any win will do!

Spat my coffee out at that one. :D

Interesting looking at us compared to Geelong. We have both played Hawthorn, Freo and North (they won against GC) and you can see what that sort of hard, harsh football will do to a side. They're looking ragged and have been written off in a lot of quarters for even a finals berth.

Alarmingly Freo have played Port, Geelong, West Coast and Sydney and won the lot. It's a dream start for them and they now have a ride of easier games. Our round 23 clash against them is going to be another vital game in determining the shape of the top 4 you'd think.

The Showdown will be hard, as they always are. I'm really keen for us to wipe the floor with them to be honest given some of the posturing of the 'leper colony'. But any win will do!
Freo will come top, no doubt. A Port v Freo GF would be fantastic!

Early days yet.
I know it is early days but it's hard no to see them finishing top 2. as others have said, they have started pretty well by beating Port, Geelong, West Coast and Sydney. I would like to think the other top-2 spot will be fought between us and the Hawks.

I know it is early days but it's hard no to see them finishing top 2. as others have said, they have started pretty well by beating Port, Geelong, West Coast and Sydney. I would like to think the other top-2 spot will be fought between us and the Hawks.

Haven't really watched their other games, but against us they came out flying, they increased their running work load by 40% over the summer, assuming they played their other games at the same intensity as they did against us, I predict a flat spot spot somewhere up the road. How they manage this and the sore legs for the remainder of the season will dictate how they finish

Haven't really watched their other games, but against us they came out flying, they increased their running work load by 40% over the summer, assuming they played their other games at the same intensity as they did against us, I predict a flat spot spot somewhere up the road. How they manage this and the sore legs for the remainder of the season will dictate how they finish
Their draw is second in ease only to the Crows....on paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back