AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
I just pinched this from the Crows forum:

"Just read these damning statistics (my eyes are still bleeding):

We used the ball at 62% DE by foot
Down to 47% DE in our forward half
Even worse we were only 43% DE inside 50.

The Scum scored on almost 60% of their inside 50 entries and had an amazing 72% DE inside 50.

FFS what use is having a lopsided 71-42 inside 50 count when you butcher it like we did last night?

Do we even have a skills coach?"

That tells the story pretty well.
Their disposal efficiency in forward half was made to look worse by our flood. Just look at our DE I50 against Sydney when they played the ultra flood. When there are that many numbers back, hitting a target gets very difficult.

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Crows flogs bawwwing about the legitimate free Westhoff received against Kelly in the goal square. Yep, because a player who is 10cm shorter and 7kg lighter should be able to stop a player marking by running into him without looking at the ball and wrapping his arms around him first. :rolleyes:

Then the Wingard free against Brown - last time I checked, tackling over the shoulder has been and always was a free kick. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Learn the rules, you incompetent buffoons. And take your s**t team with you.
Yep both were clear free kicks. I'm always embarrassed when our supporters boo frees against us that clearly are there, so I'm probably lucky I aint a crow fan because the amount of booing after the Westhoff decision was just stupid. It was a clear free. You can't run back blindly into a marking contest and wrap your arms around the player.

Ported

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I so much want to lurking like their game day banner of 'we also drive as one too'

11202956_10153469397922454_6785902298376447489_n.jpg

Oh wow.

"We exist to win premierships and eat Four'N Twenty pies"

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
What annoyed the crap out of me was Andrew Jarman with his insincere crap in the quarter breaks on 7.

Jars - end of every quarter "oh the crows will win, yep they look the better side at the moment just need to capitalise"
Abba - after 2nd and 3rd "Sure you dont want to change that tip"
Jars - "No, I'll stick with the crows But Port are good I expect them to win the flag"

Then after game - Jars - "Yep port just too good I expect them to play in a gf and win the flag".

Far out, I'm so sick of the crows based media and their attitude of "oh, port are good, so lets just say they'll definitely win the GF at every chance we get so that anything less appears a failure". What a load of garbage. We all know we're in the top team shuffle, but no one can know if we are a chance at a flag yet, there is a long way to go.

Did Walshy's plan get hit by that bus we parked in their F50

Found this screwed up blowing down the gutter of West Lakes Boulevard..... can only assume its his plan.

images

*PAF

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Port Adelaide - Nathan Krakouer Player Sponsor 2015 Port Adelaide - Brendon AhChee Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Jarrad Redden Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent Player Sponsor 2013 Port Adelaide - Foundation Sponsor Port Adelaide - Captains Club 2012 Sponsor Port Adelaide - John Butcher 2012 Player Sponsor
Feb 17, 2005
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

diegodcg

Club Legend
Apr 9, 2015
London, UK
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Flamengo, Liverpool, St Helens, A's
I'll make a few random comments about the game, please let me know if I'm making any sense or if I'm way off the mark about anything I say here.

- First of all, of the games I've watched so far, the Showdown seemed to be the one that stopped more often (umpire having to throw the ball back in play a lot) and as a result the game was not as free flowing as I know it can be. Perhaps it was due to the intensity of the rivalry, or maybe something to do with the team's style, I've got no idea. That was my perception though, particularly in the 1st half.

- Paddy Ryder is immense; I don't mean just in height! The man works really hard, scores goals, does a great job in the ruck giving some rest to Lobbe who is another machine. I feel so confident whenever the ball is going to the opponent's 50 with Schulz and Ryder up there, and I keep reading about how the ruck options Ryder offers have made us a better team as well. An early favourite of mine.

- Jay Schulz is something else! Such a reliable goalscorer, uses his body so well to win marks and score goals. Cracking player, should be our leading goalkicker once more, right?

- That Eddie Betts is an annoying little fella. I thought the guy marking him (it was one of the Toms, I think 42 Tom Jonas?) struggled a bit with him - he probably should win the balls in the air, at least! Thankfully despite scoring some great goals, Betts also missed some quite easy ones in the first half, so the AFL R5 Top 10 plays may only have Crows stuff and no Port, but a game isn't made of highlights.

- Jasper Pittard is so good. The man's got such a style on the ball; fast runner, classy kicker and hard as hell to beat in defence. His kick to Ryder near the end of the game made me jump out of my seat.

- We seem to be pretty good on restricting the damage from opponent's offences even when our game simply isn't flowing out of our 50 and we're under heavy pressure. The 2nd quarter was tough to watch but a lot of credit should go to the great effort the lads put in defence to guard our lead and keep us with control of the game.

- Sometimes I barely notice Krakouer in the game but when I do, it's because he's just done something awesome. I've read a bit about his story, how he came back to the club etc, and it's great to see he's found his foot again because he seems to be a pretty good player.

- The 2nd goal from Hammer was special. The team work, the handball from Wingard (don't you wish you were him?), everything was top notch. I don't seem to find many teams that score this type of team goal like we do on a regular basis - but that's probably because I haven't watched much non-Port football yet.

- Westhoff is coolness personified. A great player - I predicted him to score 3, I think he got only 2 unfortunately - who works really hard but I just love how he looks like he couldn't give a * after doing whatever he does, like scoring a goal. I noticed he dropped back to defence near the end of the game too.

- Ebert and Boak were everywhere in the middle of the park, I thought they were both in with a shout for best player on the pitch. I also thought Broadbent was quite influential, him and Pittard seem to form a powerful combination coming from behind.

- Robbie Gray is awesome, his reflexes are a step ahead of everyone else. He failed to mark that kick from Wingard but thankfully the captain was around to make sure a goal was scored.

Willsy10

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
What annoyed the crap out of me was Andrew Jarman with his insincere crap in the quarter breaks on 7.

Jars - end of every quarter "oh the crows will win, yep they look the better side at the moment just need to capitalise"
Abba - after 2nd and 3rd "Sure you dont want to change that tip"
Jars - "No, I'll stick with the crows But Port are good I expect them to win the flag"

Then after game - Jars - "Yep port just too good I expect them to play in a gf and win the flag".

Far out, I'm so sick of the crows based media and their attitude of "oh, port are good, so lets just say they'll definitely win the GF at every chance we get so that anything less appears a failure". What a load of garbage. We all know we're in the top team shuffle, but no one can know if we are a chance at a flag yet, there is a long way to go.
Yes it has been very noticeable this tactic used by folks in the adelaide media this season. Roo, Jars, Bones they've all been doing it. Roo all pre season talked up Port as the clear premiership favourite, yet i've noticed in the footy tips in the paper he hasn't tipped us all year. The pre season showdown he was commentating and the whole game he was banging on about how awesome Port were and that we were about as cherry ripe for a flag as you can get, even though the crows were punishing us on the scoreboard. I think it is a deliberate tactic to heap pressure on Port, it was similar back in 2001-2004.

I'll make a few random comments about the game, please let me know if I'm making any sense or if I'm way off the mark about anything I say here.

- First of all, of the games I've watched so far, the Showdown seemed to be the one that stopped more often (umpire having to throw the ball back in play a lot) and as a result the game was not as free flowing as I know it can be. Perhaps it was due to the intensity of the rivalry, or maybe something to do with the team's style, I've got no idea. That was my perception though, particularly in the 1st half.

- Paddy Ryder is immense; I don't mean just in height! The man works really hard, scores goals, does a great job in the ruck giving some rest to Lobbe who is another machine. I feel so confident whenever the ball is going to the opponent's 50 with Schulz and Ryder up there, and I keep reading about how the ruck options Ryder offers have made us a better team as well. An early favourite of mine.

- Jay Schulz is something else! Such a reliable goalscorer, uses his body so well to win marks and score goals. Cracking player, should be our leading goalkicker once more, right?

- That Eddie Betts is an annoying little fella. I thought the guy marking him (it was one of the Toms, I think 42 Tom Jonas?) struggled a bit with him - he probably should win the balls in the air, at least! Thankfully despite scoring some great goals, Betts also missed some quite easy ones in the first half, so the AFL R5 Top 10 plays may only have Crows stuff and no Port, but a game isn't made of highlights.

- Jasper Pittard is so good. The man's got such a style on the ball; fast runner, classy kicker and hard as hell to beat in defence. His kick to Ryder near the end of the game made me jump out of my seat.

- We seem to be pretty good on restricting the damage from opponent's offences even when our game simply isn't flowing out of our 50 and we're under heavy pressure. The 2nd quarter was tough to watch but a lot of credit should go to the great effort the lads put in defence to guard our lead and keep us with control of the game.

- Sometimes I barely notice Krakouer in the game but when I do, it's because he's just done something awesome. I've read a bit about his story, how he came back to the club etc, and it's great to see he's found his foot again because he seems to be a pretty good player.

- The 2nd goal from Hammer was special. The team work, the handball from Wingard (don't you wish you were him?), everything was top notch. I don't seem to find many teams that score this type of team goal like we do on a regular basis - but that's probably because I haven't watched much non-Port football yet.

- Westhoff is coolness personified. A great player - I predicted him to score 3, I think he got only 2 unfortunately - who works really hard but I just love how he looks like he couldn't give a **** after doing whatever he does, like scoring a goal. I noticed he dropped back to defence near the end of the game too.

- Ebert and Boak were everywhere in the middle of the park, I thought they were both in with a shout for best player on the pitch. I also thought Broadbent was quite influential, him and Pittard seem to form a powerful combination coming from behind.

- Robbie Gray is awesome, his reflexes are a step ahead of everyone else. He failed to mark that kick from Wingard but thankfully the captain was around to make sure a goal was scored.
For someone quite new to the game you probably already take in more and have a greater knowledge than a very large percentage of Australians who have grown up with it. Kudos to you.

View attachment 130483

In Oppositeland, this is play on.

In Channel 7-land, Anthony is holding Rutten's jumper. Free kick to the Crows.

Seriously though there needs to be a Clear Clearances stat. Or differentiate between a running and quick bomb clearance. That is the difference between the good and mediocre teams.

I'd take 5 Robbie Gray clearances over 10 Patrick Dangerfield clearances every day of the week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mangus Onfries

Club Legend
Aug 5, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
For someone quite new to the game you probably already take in more and have a greater knowledge than a very large percentage of Australians who have grown up with it. Kudos to you.
I was thinking the exact same thing. He has a better knowledge and insight than 90% of Crows supporters too.

On the Inside 50 count, we won them 62-52 against Sydney in round 2. Didn't hear anyone claiming they stole that one.
Anyone saying we stole the game on Sunday is a fuggwit that knows nothing about football. There, I said it.

Sep 6, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
Anyone saying we stole the game on Sunday is a fuggwit that knows nothing about football. There, I said it.

I find the concept of "stolen" games, like "Bradbury" flags, to be complete bullshit. You're either good enough or not. Failing to capitalise on scoring shots (like Adelaide did yesterday) does not equate to the other team "stealing" the game. If a team fails to take their chances they simply don't win. s**t football is s**t.

I'll add I do understand the trolling nature in which stolen games/Bradbury flags are used. I understand riling up the opposition, but that is all it is to me. Anyone taking it more serious than that is beyond reasoning with.

I so much want to lurking like their game day banner of 'we also drive as one too'

11202956_10153469397922454_6785902298376447489_n.jpg

Ahahahahahahahaha.........aaaahahahahahahhaa.

Okay im over it.

Wait...ahahahahahaha.

What an absolute faux pas.

#shitclubnohistory

Remove this Banner Ad

Back