Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we are starting to look like we did back in the 04 era - winning average games and getting over the line (which is what good teams do). As good as we were we have miles to improve yet, efficiency coming out of defense is our single biggest problem, we need to be cleaner and think a little more. Also - no point screaming forward to a poor kick to nobody.

Now, we have lost the last 5 out of 6 after a showdown, we better turn up this week. I remember at the end of last year thinking West Coast looked great.....

I think Freo have done enough already to lock in a top 4 spot for themselves. Even if they have a few injuries they got enough talent to win the rest of their home games. Injuries can make a difference but Freo are a good side and Ross Lyon is a very good coach.

We've got lucky though in that Hawthorn recruited Frawley to transform their defense the way that Ryder has transformed our forward line. But the Hawks have lost him and Lake to injuries and I think the Hawks could drop a few games they normally wouldn't.

I'm not sure what Doctor Feel had for breakfast to give him that weird feeling in his gut about Rory Sloane. After we managed to land Ryder I'd never say anything's impossible anymore, but Sloane to Port? The 19th Customer would torch his house! Grannies would slash his tires with their knitting needles. Seems almost cruel to sign him.

I'd just like to thank the afl for rewarding our great form over the past 2 seasons with 3 Sunday 4.10 matches in row. Obviously a better time slot than Friday nights which they give to crappy vic teams.

The Vic team on MMM were taking the AFL to task over their Friday Night scheduling during their broadcast of the Saints/Essendon game yesterday

What's the difference between the Adelaide Crows and a fireman?

A fireman is trained to stay on top of the ladder.

Last edited:
One interesting stat I saw today (if tiser is to be believed) is that we have spent 70% of our games leading. Only freo (85%) has spent more time in front. (And I'm guessing we account for a big part of their 15% behind)

Not sure what it tells us, but it definitely surprised me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Freo have done enough already to lock in a top 4 spot for themselves. Even if they have a few injuries they got enough talent to win the rest of their home games. Injuries can make a difference but Freo are a good side and Ross Lyon is a very good coach.

We've got lucky though in that Hawthorn recruited Frawley to transform their defense the way that Ryder has transformed our forward line. But the Hawks have lost him and Lake to injuries and I think the Hawks could drop a few games they normally wouldn't.

I'm not sure what Doctor Feel had for breakfast to give him that weird feeling in his gut about Rory Sloane. After we managed to land Ryder I'd never say anything's impossible anymore, but Sloane to Port? The 19th Customer would torch his house! Grannies would slash his tires with their knitting needles. Seems almost cruel to sign him.
I'm already salivating at the prospect of playing Fremantle at the Portress in round 23. Hopefully both sides will be at full strength and in top form - if so, we may see something to rival that epic Port v Brisbane clash at Footy Park.

One interesting stat I saw today (if tiser is to be believed) is that we have spent 70% of our games leading. Only freo (85%) has spent more time in front. (And I'm guessing we account for a big part of their 15% behind)

In the Freo game we were in front for more than half of the game so I suggest you are right with your comment.
We are only at 70% because of that performance against Sydney.

upload_2015-5-4_12-24-28.png

Attachments

• upload_2015-5-4_12-23-41.png
    upload_2015-5-4_12-23-41.png
    2.1 KB · Views: 5

It means we are controlling games. Also means Port and Freeo have another interesting trend grab the lead go hard and then try and hold (against the better sides anyway)

Another one, not from the Advertiser, is that both Sydney and Port had down games after playing Freo in Perth.

Another one, not from the Advertiser, is that both Sydney and Port had down games after playing Freo in Perth.

Long flight, hard surface, tough opponent.

What about our new Sunday twilight run we have now. Mr Sunday night we will have to call the lads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back