Autopsy ROFL Brisbane Beggars, Dayne Beams and the Untouchables

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair with Paparone he had a strong lure to go home... His father had terminal cancer and had just passed away when he tweeted those comments about family first.

That's all well and good but if you go and find the tweet he could have said it with some class something the whole Lions FC seem to struggle with

To be fair with Paparone he had a strong lure to go home... His father had terminal cancer and had just passed away when he tweeted those comments about family first.
When i watched my dad die i didn't start a twitter account and use it as an excuse.
When you get paid the big bucks being a professional athlete you should act like a professional with no excuses as they get educated not to post crap on twitter but don't listen.
Aish is the smartest kid at your club as he don't use the attention seeker crap called twitter

Last edited:
whats the story behind the bus remark ?
In the pre season I think Buckley and the club spoke of everyone at the club "being on the bus" and then Beams said in snide manner with a smirk on his face I guess I missed the bus.Smartarse comment meant to stir the pot and it is coming back to bite him big time.
Ps I don,t where the bus is going but it is looking pretty good from the back seat atm.:)

You guys are being too harsh on paparone.. He's only a young player and everyone deals with it differently. But yes the rest of brisbane players and coaches act like primary school kids and it shows in their performances.

Your team has come out of the trade in a strong position, arguably in a better position than when Beams was at the club. But I can't understand why so many here are still so focused on Brisbane. Seems like a large amount of you are getting more enjoyment out of Brisbane being s**t than you are of Collingwood being good. What's done is done, in your eyes my club acted terribly in the trade period, in Lions' supporters eyes we were doing what was best for the club. It's pretty clear that both club's supporters on bf didn't have great moments throughout. Leppitsch might have gone the wrong way about reassuring fans that we wouldn't be trading away our young talent on twitter in such a way that it was perceived as arrogant and dickish behaviour, but it wasn't made to offend or disrespect collingwood, not that it should've caused as much outrage as it did. All I'm saying is you guys should just chill and revel in your position and not be so consumed by this anger towards us haha.
My comments in my post were directly about Beams not the Lions,I could not give a stuff about the Lions and could not care less about them but Beams was an a-hole when he left and I serve it up to him at the Gabba and I am probably going to serve it up to him every chance I get.

As has been mentioned, he was classless in the way he worded his tweet. Intimating that Collingwood didn't care about it's players welfare in circumstances similar to his, when Dayne had already been offered very similar support to what he received by the Lions (extra leave to visit his father weekly, etc) was not only extremely unprofessional, but borderline blatantly lying about the situation to try and get the football public onside with the Lions.

Dayne's Dad, after all, was not on his deathbed like many were making out, but in remission when he requested the trade back home.

They lost the plot when they treated Bradshaw the way they did spewin they shut the crisp thread down it was great reading

Piss weak supporters that's why they shut it down

Beams really should have come out at some stage and said Pies been great to me, won a premiership, forever in my heart, helped me when landed myself in bad situation post GF in '10, they stuck by me and i dont want to leave but i need to get home to be with family. If he'd said that nobody would have begrudged him but instead he acted like a d&*k and thats why was glad to see Taylor give it to him.

I watched him vs WCE and Suns and he looks deflated. I loved it.

Christensen for pick 21 was just plain crazy. No way is he that good a player, even considering his lack of pre-season. Still some real quality at that pick.

and clearly cant be trusted to do right thing around other players partners. yeah he is exactly the sort of bloke I'd love to have come to my footy club.

and clearly cant be trusted to do right thing around other players partners. yeah he is exactly the sort of bloke I'd love to have come to my footy club.

The family club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beams really should have come out at some stage and said Pies been great to me, won a premiership, forever in my heart, helped me when landed myself in bad situation post GF in '10, they stuck by me and i dont want to leave but i need to get home to be with family. If he'd said that nobody would have begrudged him but instead he acted like a d&*k and thats why was glad to see Taylor give it to him.

He wouldn't have said that in a presser because he's not very articulate. A written statement would have been sufficient. Instead, you have bits and pieces of what he said and most of it was ok.
i never picked him as a Judd type who would say that he wants Collingwood looked after in the deal. That's not the way he operates. He wanted out and that's pretty much it. I wish people would have thought twice before they threw in the line about him being a premiership player and that raised his value. He was lucky to be playing in the flag side. His performances afterwards were more relevant.
Claye's tweet was classless but we have to understand that we are dealing with those who probably know little else other than footy.

He wouldn't have said that in a presser because he's not very articulate. A written statement would have been sufficient. Instead, you have bits and pieces of what he said and most of it was ok.
i never picked him as a Judd type who would say that he wants Collingwood looked after in the deal. That's not the way he operates. He wanted out and that's pretty much it. I wish people would have thought twice before they threw in the line about him being a premiership player and that raised his value. He was lucky to be playing in the flag side. His performances afterwards were more relevant.
Claye's tweet was classless but we have to understand that we are dealing with those who probably know little else other than footy.
I remember it clearly. It was in a presser and he said "I guess I'm off the bus" with a really smug little smirk on his face that just read 'smartarse'.

Karmas a bitch.

What about Heath Shaw? The man bled black and white, no doubting that.

He also kicked it out on the full constantly, gave away frees and in turn goals and also put the entire structure of the side out with his "heroism". That's of course not even remembering all the off field bullshit. No thanks.

He also kicked it out on the full constantly, gave away frees and in turn goals and also put the entire structure of the side out with his "heroism". That's of course not even remembering all the off field bullshit. No thanks.
That's without going into his ADHD issues off field. Wouldn't have an issue if he could manage it, but at times at the club he didn't seem to worried about managing it.

I remember it clearly. It was in a presser and he said "I guess I'm off the bus" with a really smug little smirk on his face that just read 'smartarse'.

Karmas a bitch.
That is my recollection of it also,he has been hit by the bus the karma bus and it is what he deserves.

Exactly this. If he turned up at the Copeland, gave his thanks and showed a bit of grace, I doubt anyone would have a bad word to say about him. It was a poor choice he made and one that won't be forgotten by Collingwood people. I have a lot more respect for the former No 8 (as strange as I think he is) than I ever will for Beams. Comes across as a smug little smartarse imo.

Karmas a bitch.
No doubt he was feeding off the positivity coming out of the Brisbane camp and the media who expected the momentum to continue. They may turn it around and we may falter but in the end, if he didn't fit the club, he had to go. Damn shame considering Swanny seems to have coped with the changes quite well with the help of some discounts along the way.
He's not in the black and white so I don't wish him well with his onfield performances.

I really don't understand why everyone is wasting so much energy on this now.
He made his choice (for whatever reason) and now he has to live with the consequences.
Our team is thriving, exciting and not giving him a thought.
And not missing him.
End of story.

I'm just really glad I'm not a Lions supporter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back