Sports AFL Memberships

Remove this Banner Ad

Considering signing up for an AFL membership. I have a few questions though...

If I nominate Collingwood as my club of choice will that provide me with a reserved seat for every home game?

Lets say I wanted to go to a game that would be expecting a big crowd (Geelong-Hawthorn for example) would I be able to walk up to the game and sit on the bottom level? Or would I have to reserve my seat weeks before?

How about finals where my nominated club is not playing? Lets say it was a final where they were expecting 90,000+ to the ground... Do the supporters of the clubs have first priority? Or is it a free for all when the tickets open?

And finally, if I do wait the expected 10 years to become a gold member, am I literally guaranteed a seat for the Grand Final if I buy early? Or do gold supporters of playing clubs get first priority?

Thanks guys.

Considering signing up for an AFL membership. I have a few questions though...

If I nominate Collingwood as my club of choice will that provide me with a reserved seat for every home game?

Lets say I wanted to go to a game that would be expecting a big crowd (Geelong-Hawthorn for example) would I be able to walk up to the game and sit on the bottom level? Or would I have to reserve my seat weeks before?

How about finals where my nominated club is not playing? Lets say it was a final where they were expecting 90,000+ to the ground... Do the supporters of the clubs have first priority? Or is it a free for all when the tickets open?

And finally, if I do wait the expected 10 years to become a gold member, am I literally guaranteed a seat for the Grand Final if I buy early? Or do gold supporters of playing clubs get first priority?

Thanks guys.
Your AFL membership will allow you access to up to 40 matches for the year but on occasions where it is a blockbuster you will need to reserve a seat. Bottom level seating is available in the open areas on most games where we play a smaller or interstate club, an email is sent during the week to advise of what seating is available for walk up.

With the Collingwood support option you can pay an additional $72 to have reserved seats at a selected 6 games. For example, these are the games this season and you have the same seat for all 6 games.

upload_2015-4-21_2-24-53.png

Alternatively you can reserve them singularly at a cost of $7.90 + fees.

Tickets to weeks 1-3 of the finals can be purchased by any Silver AFL member (which is where you start when you join).

Silver members can only purchase GF tickets if there are seats remaining after Full members have purchased. I have been able to twice as a silver member, both were games with an interstate team.

vaughany

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 23, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Level one of AFL members can you just rock up on the day and sit there or is that reserved?

So for non blockbuster game AFL members can sit basically wherever they want level 1, 2 or 4?
Level 2's almost always sold out, mainly because most of the seats are taken by the AFL for their corporate packages. But for non-big games, the bulk of Level's 1, 3 and 4 are walk up.

Your AFL membership will allow you access to up to 40 matches for the year but on occasions where it is a blockbuster you will need to reserve a seat. Bottom level seating is available in the open areas on most games where we play a smaller or interstate club, an email is sent during the week to advise of what seating is available for walk up.

With the Collingwood support option you can pay an additional $72 to have reserved seats at a selected 6 games. For example, these are the games this season and you have the same seat for all 6 games.

View attachment 126403

Alternatively you can reserve them singularly at a cost of $7.90 + fees.

Tickets to weeks 1-3 of the finals can be purchased by any Silver AFL member (which is where you start when you join).

Silver members can only purchase GF tickets if there are seats remaining after Full members have purchased. I have been able to twice as a silver member, both were games with an interstate team.
Thanks for your answer. Can you define blockbuster? For example, the Hawthorn-Essendon game earlier this year that only got 55,000, would I have needed to reserve a seat on the bottom level with a crowd of that sort of smallish size?

Depends on the game. Sometimes there's walk up on Level 1, sometimes it's all sold out.

How often is it sold out?

Thanks for your answer. Can you define blockbuster? For example, the Hawthorn-Essendon game earlier this year that only got 55,000, would I have needed to reserve a seat on the bottom level with a crowd of that sort of smallish size?

AFL members weren't able to scan in on Anzac Day without a reserved seat, so I reserved one the day they went on sale for $7.90.

I think this would be similar for Geelong v Hawthorn on Easter Monday and probably the Dreamtime game would be the only others that come to mind.

milhouse1

All Australian
Jun 25, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
San Diego Padres

I think for the hawks bombers game there were 2 bays available for walk up, the rest were reserved. As a general rule it seems like a 65k+ crowd means that level 1 requires a reserved seat. I think ANZAC day would be the only game where a reserved seat would be required for entry, every other game you would be able to walk up and sit right up top somewhere.

As far as i know, Grand finals are the only games when club support makes a difference, other finals there is no preference for members with participating club support.

SHAKESPEARE

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 21, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I always sit around Q Level wherever there is nobody else. 26/27 i think

Lots of assistant coaches sit up there, so i can watch them watching the game :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bomber59

Rookie
Jun 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon

To give you an idea, as someone else mentioned the Hawthorn-Essendon game had two walk up bays available on the bottom level. I got there probably half an hour before the game and had no trouble finding a seat in one of those bays. That game had an attendance of 59k. A week later for the Essendon Carlton game, there were no walk up bays on the bottom level and so we had to sit up top, even though that game had an attendance of 55k.

If you don't mind sitting on the 4th level, you'll only need to reserve a seat for a couple of MCG games, like Anzac Day. For me I only bother for Anzac Day and Dreamtime, everything else you can just walk up.

grouse mate

Premiership Player
Jan 12, 2014
On a bike
AFL Club
GWS
Where is the seating for AFL members at Etihad Stadium?

The red seats on level 1. It used to be all pre-booked seats only but they changed it so its walk up unless it sells out before the match. Once that is sold out you can sit anywhere on level 3 that is GA. Apart from Essendon games where you cant get seat anywhere.

etihad.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back