Your favourite comedian.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jeff Foxworthy
His 'You might be a redneck' one liners are good clean fun and with his accent makes them even funnier.

Bill Engvall

Larry the cable guy

I have probably seen over 100 comedians in the last three years as a regular visitor to Adelaide Comedy.com gigs. A lot of genuinely funny guys in Australia who are relatively unknown. Fabian Clarke, Dave Campbell, Georgie Carroll, Ivan Aristeguita, Amos Gill, Leith Qurban & a bloke named Nick Nemeroth are some of the genuinely funny local ones that come to mind.
The more well known interstate based comedians who I've seen and I felt were brilliant are:
Wil Anderson
Justin Hamilton
Kitty Flanagan
Fiona O'Loughlin
Greg Fleet
Felicity Ward
Harley Breen
Damian Callinan
Frank Woodley
Tom Gleeson

One of the best improvisation comics is Queenslander Lindsay Webb. He's brilliant at getting funny material out of audience members.

Dave Callan does a sensational set about dancing through the ages where he mimics Beyoncé.

I haven't got a particular favourite but if I was told I was allowed to see only ONE from the above list it would be Wil Anderson. He never ceases to amaze me how he can do an entirely different show from the previous time I saw him. His commitment to writing new material is phenomenal.

Jim Jefferies is my favourite atm. Alcoholocaust and Fully Functional are just hillarious, I watched it so many times. Not for easily offended people

Also, Kevin Bloody Wilson :D. He's the only one I watched live. Some of his songs are lame-ish but overall he's a very funny man.

Jim Jefferies is my favourite atm. Alcoholocaust and Fully Functional are just hillarious, I watched it so many times. Not for easily offended people

Also, Kevin Bloody Wilson :D. He's the only one I watched live. Some of his songs are lame-ish but overall he's a very funny man.
Jim Jefferies is awesome at the moment.
the Kevin Bloody wilson's & even the Rodney rudes were funny back in their day but their humor is well past its use by date
another comeadian is good to listen to is Frankie Boyle

Saw Jim in Adelaide about a month ago. He started ripping into anti-vax parents, which prompted a couple in our row to stand up and storm out. He opens with a routine about Bill Cosby finger-raping women, and it's a bit about vaccinations that crossed the line? Pathetic people.

Saw Jim in Adelaide about a month ago. He started ripping into anti-vax parents, which prompted a couple in our row to stand up and storm out. He opens with a routine about Bill Cosby finger-raping women, and it's a bit about vaccinations that crossed the line? Pathetic people.
People like to pick and choose what offends them, which is why most of the outrage is nonsense

If you are going to see Jim Jefferies you just have to accept that he will use some pretty rank material. He's one comedian who has no limits to what he will use to get a laugh. It is cringing at times...uncomfortable....but if you didn't expect it you are pretty naive. No point in going if you are going to be offended.

He's not my cup of tea, because I think he goes a tad too far at times. But he is very good if you like your comedy on the edge & hardcore.

American Eddy Ifft and Canadian Michael Wilmot are similar but not as funny as Jefferies. Ifft has a fisting gag & Wilmot has a gag involving anus licking. Pretty uncomfortable when you are sitting there with your wife & (adult) daughters. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

my favourite all time is george carlin- i like the comedians that point out the hypocrisy/stupidity of society and it's standards of morality and how it is selectively applied.
ATM- recently went to see steve hughes at the comedy festival in brisbane, brilliant. love this piece on political correctness and being offended from a while ago.

as well as bill burr- very accurate IMO take on temptation and selective morality.

If you are going to see Jim Jefferies you just have to accept that he will use some pretty rank material. He's one comedian who has no limits to what he will use to get a laugh. It is cringing at times...uncomfortable....but if you didn't expect it you are pretty naive. No point in going if you are going to be offended.

He's not my cup of tea, because I think he goes a tad too far at times. But he is very good if you like your comedy on the edge & hardcore.

American Eddy Ifft and Canadian Michael Wilmot are similar but not as funny as Jefferies. Ifft has a fisting gag & Wilmot has a gag involving anus licking. Pretty uncomfortable when you are sitting there with your wife & (adult) daughters. :)

Seeing him tomorrow night!

Seeing him tomorrow night!
Lucky bugger. I can't see him as I'm in Hawaii when Jefferies hits Adelaide.

In the last 12 months I've watched a lot of Jim Jefferies on YouTube and Foxtel. Bloody funny. His take on the American gun laws is brilliant.

Enjoy it - Will not disappoint.

Lucky bugger. I can't see him as I'm in Hawaii when Jefferies hits Adelaide.

In the last 12 months I've watched a lot of Jim Jefferies on YouTube and Foxtel. Bloody funny. His take on the American gun laws is brilliant.

Enjoy it - Will not disappoint.

He did not disappoint. It was my second time seeing him, both times I have left with a sore mid-section from laughing so much. He's worth seeing for his interactions with the crowd. He certainly doesn't hold back if he finds someone he doesn't like.

He did not disappoint. It was my second time seeing him, both times I have left with a sore mid-section from laughing so much. He's worth seeing for his interactions with the crowd. He certainly doesn't hold back if he finds someone he doesn't like.

Yep, initially I wasn't a big fan, but Jim Jefferies has definitely got better & funnier. Spewing I missed him.

btw, I did an Open Mic Stand Up comedy gig at a bar in Honolulu last week. There were only seven people on, some were OK, a couple were dreadful. I actually felt pretty good because there weren't too many good ones to show me up. :)

There were only about 25 patrons in the joint with 4 of them sitting at the bar chatting away, oblivious to the stand up comedy going on. The host got up and sang the USA national anthem in a high pitch voice to get their attention. Definitely something a little different!

"God dammit I'm trying to sleep"
"Then close your eyes and shut the * up"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back