Player Watch Adam Oxley (Delisted 2018)

Remove this Banner Ad

There's nothing quite as sweet as self-congratulation! :p
Nobody else is going to do it for me. There are times in life when one's own trumpet plays sweetest and loudest of all instruments in the orchestra pit. Given the lack of solo opportunities for trumpets, let me indulge myself on this occasion. :cool::rolleyes:

Will be re-signed along with Langdon sooner rather than later I hear. Great news!

I don't think I could be any more mistaken with my early judgement on the Ox. His stats from Friday were IMMENSE.

80% DE from 21 kicks and 5 handballs.

1 goal 3 behinds, 8 score involvements, 5 tackles and 9 inside 50s.

Those are impressive stats no matter who the player is, let alone a bloody 22 year old with 7 AFL games under his belt!!

Such a great story and prospect, look forward to his next 193+ games.

When so many of us are so wrong with our predictions, we shouldn't be backwards in coming forward when giving ourselves a pat on the back.
Yeah I wouldn't want to do a search of my posts for positive predictions I have made about Buckley's coaching or game plan. The team's performance to date has certainly vindicated the posters who faithfully declared he would make it as a coach. So it is reassuring to be right some of the time about peripheral matters such as Oxley.

I don't think I could be any more mistaken with my early judgement on the Ox. His stats from Friday were IMMENSE.

80% DE from 21 kicks and 5 handballs.

1 goal 3 behinds, 8 score involvements, 5 tackles and 9 inside 50s.

Those are impressive stats no matter who the player is, let alone a bloody 22 year old with 7 AFL games under his belt!!

Such a great story and prospect, look forward to his next 193+ games.
I think 2 of his behinds were posters too. He very nearly had 3 goals for the game.

Why are people not allowed to have doubts on players and need to apologise for that? If you said a player should be delisted its one thing. Simply saying your not sure if he is good enough doesn't warrant an apology. From memory I was ambivalent on Oxley. You can only have so many players in the team and I though he might be one that slips through the cracks. Looked very good against Carlton though. I liked that he played on the wing rather than defence.

Got to take you hat off to Hine, and his ability to find players so late in the draft.
Hell, nearly our whole backline is made up of late picks or rookie selections.
Ox at 92 and Ramsay at 38 are turning out to be fairly astute selections.
Ox was originally a rookie and then upgraded with 92. But same difference really

What impressed me from Friday night was a couple of contested grabs he took in the backline - intercept marks drifting in from the side of packs, those are just so valuable to our brand of rebound football. He actually has some decent height to him, coupled with a solid overhead marking technique and some seriously sticky fingers. Similar to Seedsman in that regard actually - both great running rebounders with decent aerial games to back it up. Getting just a little bit excited at the prospect of a backline filled with a fleet of 190+ rebounders with elite kicking skills - Langdon, Seedsman, Scharenberg, Oxley - and they're all strong in the contest, too!

What impressed me from Friday night was a couple of contested grabs he took in the backline - intercept marks drifting in from the side of packs, those are just so valuable to our brand of rebound football. He actually has some decent height to him, coupled with a solid overhead marking technique and some seriously sticky fingers. Similar to Seedsman in that regard actually - both great running rebounders with decent aerial games to back it up. Getting just a little bit excited at the prospect of a backline filled with a fleet of 190+ rebounders with elite kicking skills - Langdon, Seedsman, Scharenberg, Oxley - and they're all strong in the contest, too!
What's also exciting is knowing a few of these guys will end up in the midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

... and a deadly boot, to boot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back