Crown Melbourne Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

whats with the stench near the cage?

smells like raw sewerage , is there an exposed pipe in the ceiling there? the smell has been there for years - in that one particular spot

or is it just all the unwashed degen gamblers?

Well you can smell it every time.... so i assume you're there each time.... common denominator...... ;) :p

Did you play the terminator tonight?

General question for anyone who plays the Crown tournaments...

Looking at the Friday Freezout $125, no rebuys or re-entries.
Friday 7.10pm

1. Roughly how many players do they get to these tourneys?
2. Format aside is there any tournament which you prefer or more importantly any which you would avoid?

My cash game is poor but I'm much better at tourney play, in particular non-rebuy.

General question for anyone who plays the Crown tournaments...

Looking at the Friday Freezout $125, no rebuys or re-entries.
Friday 7.10pm

1. Roughly how many players do they get to these tourneys?
2. Format aside is there any tournament which you prefer or more importantly any which you would avoid?

My cash game is poor but I'm much better at tourney play, in particular non-rebuy.

Last week it got 109 players, so I'd imagine that would be fairly consistent. Winner got 2.8k (results are on crownpoker.com.au if you want to check out other tournys)

Playing at Crown the things you want to be careful of are paying too much rake, and just selecting the tournaments with better structures overall. I'm not sure of the variation between each tournament though, I'd imagine the structures are all fairly similiar for the nightly tournaments

Dont be scared to play cash games, once you get involved and book a few wins your confidence will sky rocket

Finished 10th in the Sunday Deepstack for $380 first was $4.4k

Got it in on the FT AQ < 99 for 1 million chips with 3 million in play.

Pretty tilted to say the least.

Haven't been in to Crown for probably 2 years now. Might head in this evening.

What games of NLHE do they run now? Still 1/2 and 2/3? And have they still got small buy ins relative to the blinds? I think 1/2 used to be $80 buy in.

I play 6max 25NL online regularly. What games do you recommend?

Haven't been in to Crown for probably 2 years now. Might head in this evening.

What games of NLHE do they run now? Still 1/2 and 2/3? And have they still got small buy ins relative to the blinds? I think 1/2 used to be $80 buy in.

I play 6max 25NL online regularly. What games do you recommend?

You play 6ms 25L?

Must have some roll!

Out of curiosity, and to try and get some chatter in this thread, what's the worst/weirdest decision you've seen when playing at crown?

Out of curiosity, and to try and get some chatter in this thread, what's the worst/weirdest decision you've seen when playing at crown?

Not at Crown Melbourne, but in Crown Perth was watching a 2/5 game and saw 2 people get it all in pre flop for over $200 each (one was all in, the other called) after a raising war

One guy had JJ. Fair enough

Other had 2 4 off :drunk:

Flopped a 2, rivered a 4

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last night playing 1/3...three players in the hand when the turn is dealt. First guy to act doesn't get his chance to act (wasn't looking myself as i was on my phone). Next player bets and is called by the third player. Keep in mind the time that passed for those two players to act was probably about two minutes.
So the river is dealt without the first guy having acted on the turn yet. River card is dealt and now the first guy bets out ($30 from memory) which i assume is where the dealer noticed the error. Supervisor is called over (guy with the beard who every time i've seen make a decision has always made good decisions even in weird situations) and after hearing the story tells the first player if he wants to remain in the hand he must put in the amount that was bet on the turn ($25 i think) or his hand will be folded and he gets his $30 back. The guy put in the extra amount and the hand continued. Now the normal ruling with that situation is the river card comes back, betting round is completed and then the card gets shuffled with the stub and the river is re-dealt which the sup did acknowledge, however he said due to the fact the guy had bet the river and he had ample time to say something about being missed, his river bet was acceptance of the turn card so he wasn't going to bring it back. Thoughts?

^^
Awful ruling - 2 options IMO:
kill his hand now (and he doesn't have to pay the turn bet) and hand continues with current river card and 2 remaining players; or
he pays turn bet and river is re-dealt.
I'm normally against killing hands but since he had so much time to protect his action and did nothing I prefer option 1 in this instance.
No way should he get a freeroll by seeing the river before he decides whether to call the turn.

That ruling is terrible.

If I am the first guy and have a thin draw (like to a gutshot) then what is to stop him doing that, and then accepting the river and folding when he misses and calling/betting when he hits.

Usual ruling (first player makes his decision on the turn card, and then we get a new river) should be standard practice

Remove this Banner Ad

Back