List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Draft, Rookie Draft and FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet. Knightmare is taking his time this year. He's only got Mills and Keays profiles done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Knightmare does an absolute power of work, but he tends to stretch the limits of credibility getting blokes to his beloved Pies and I don't think he takes enough care looking into teams needs.

He also updates it constantly just before the draft on the basis of his (very good) mail; effectively gives him a reputation for accuracy that is a bit inflated.

O'Rourke went to Hawthorn, I'd say he's pretty happy... I don't see their window closing any time soon & may just win a flag this year if there's an injury or he takes his chance like McEvoy did
Hawthorns ageing, they'll be rebuilding like us in a year or two. As will Fremantle, Geelong etc etc

That would be like giving up McCartin and Lonie for Sloane.

No way.
This draft isn't as deep as last year's. Would you give up Marc Murphy and Rhan Hooper for Sloane? Tom Scully and Ayden Kennedy? Jack Watts and Todd Bandfield? Matt Kreuzer and James Polkinghorne? I'd back our recruiters to pick up players much better than those mentioned in this post, but you know what you're getting with Sloane.

Nah, wouldn't pay pick 1 for a bloke who was pick 44 in the draft and is in his mid twenties, won't happen.
I am not qualified to talk about this years draftees but his draft pick is irrelevant. .. i.e. you wouldnt take hird, gray or goodes at 25 for pick 1?

Would St Kilda look at getting a player like Tom Mitchell from Sydney? If he doesn't get a game this year he could possibly look for a trade

Hawthorns ageing, they'll be rebuilding like us in a year or two. As will Fremantle, Geelong etc etc
Maybe...but Free Agency has moved the goalposts slightly. It's allowed teams at the top (especially rich teams) to be more competitive for longer. It's also consigned teams in rebuild mode to the bottom echelon for a little longer than previous.

Maybe...but Free Agency has moved the goalposts slightly. It's allowed teams at the top (especially rich teams) to be more competitive for longer. It's also consigned teams in rebuild mode to the bottom echelon for a little longer than previous.
I guess, but you can't have Hodge, Mitchell etc forever and you'll eventually need to blood some young players

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lowden and crows second rounder for Jack Steven.

What do you reckon?

I think I agree if your sarcastic post is deciphered correctly, I would rather not do what Carlton did with Judd. There was a lady on SEN this morning complaining about how stupid they were to trade Kennedy for him. The trade can seem like a good idea at the time but I would rather take our luck to the draft.

A little birdie told me Liam Pickering and Matt Finnis had lunch recently to discuss any issues Liam may have had with the club.
I believe both parties walked away more than satisfied with each other's positions.
That confirms that Finnis reads BF?!

I guess, but you can't have Hodge, Mitchell etc forever and you'll eventually need to blood some young players
You contradict yourself. You ask why O'Rourke would go to Hawthorn earlier. The short answer is: Hawthorn wanted him, because hes a former pick #2 (ie: top end talent) & if he ever gets his body right, he'll be a gun, and they did so on the cheap (trading pick 19).

As for saying Hawthorn is 'ageing'... This is the exact reason they've picked up the likes of McEvoy, O'Rourke, Hartung, Frawley in the last 2 years. Difficult to grasp top end talent when you've been up for 7-8 years, but with free agency & cunning trading, Hawthorn are doing just fine

Last edited:
You contradict yourself. You ask why O'Rourke would go to Hawthorn earlier. The short answer is: Hawthorn wanted him, because hes a former pick #2 (ie: top end talent) & if he ever gets his body right, he'll be a gun, and they did so on the cheap (trading pick 19).

As for saying Hawthorn is 'ageing'... This is the exact reason they've picked up the likes of McEvoy, O'Rourke, Hartung, Frawley in the last 2 years. Difficult to grasp top end talent when you've been up for 7-8 years, but with free agency & cunning trading, Hawthorn are doing just fine
I dont believe it can be sustained..... not one will be hodge burgoyne mitchell lake gibson quality overnight meaning they will drop soon if not this year or next (injuries etc)

Tom Clurey, not managed by Pickering;

http://www.deliversports.com.au/clientsprofiles/?sport=AFL Football#tomclurey

But with Fisher likely to go on for hopefully another year, one solid year of mentoring;

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...-next-sam-fisher/story-fnau1fjg-1226516131967

We have shown we are keen to get talent in the door that is not getting games at their current clubs (Longer, Bruce, Membrey, Savage), Clurey would be an ideal get along this line of thinking.

:thumbsu:
Yeah Clurey or even Buntine would be the kind of player I'd be looking at - Dempster/Fish/Gilbert will all be gone within next 3 years I reckon. Hoping Sam Gilbert can actually get out and say on the park!! Yeah Fish has nother year or two for sure. As for Sean - not sure - another year maybe two?

I dont believe it can be sustained..... not one will be hodge burgoyne mitchell lake gibson quality overnight meaning they will drop soon if not this year or next (injuries etc)
And if they do, do they really care? Because unlike us, they have won 3 flags & could possibly add another 1 or 2 in the next 2-3 years IMO

Of course they are going to drop off, but there are going to sustain a good team for longer than we did, thats for sure

Agree Rors...Free Agency came in a few years late for us.

Unfortunately a poorly managed TPP meant that even if Free Agency was in during 09/10 we wouldn't have been able to afford anyone! When Pelchen arrived in 2011 our TPP was at 110% & he had a month to get it back to 100% or we would have copped sanctions ala Carlton in 2002.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back