No Oppo Supporters Re-signing Tex, Danger and Sloane *** Crows Only ***

Your thoughts on Dangerfield?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys always been a lurker but finally decided to get involved in the discussion.

In regards to Danger, I think we should move on and let him go. His disposal seems to be getting worse and to be honest I think he looks disinterested.

Thoughts?

You're a troll.

You're bagging Danger here and talking up Vickery on another thread.

Sorry mate, you're just here to troll for responses. Take it elsewhere.

Your logo is flawed

We beat North, 2014 top 4 side
We beat Collingwood, current ladder position top 4 team
Lost to Port, 2014 Top 4 team

That makes us 2 from 3

Keep punching mate

No his logic is not flawed.

North was not a top 4 side in 2014. They finished 6th. Port were not a top 4 team in 2014. They finished 5th.

Collingwood are currently sitting 2nd - but we are 5 games in. They have wins against Brisbane, Carlton and St.Kilda (who are a combined 2 wins 13 losses).

Last year were 5-3 against North, Collingwood, Port, Melbourne, Bulldogs.

This year we are currently 3-2 against those same teams.

Nothing has really changed from 2014 - 2015. We are still capable of playing some pretty awesome footy when we are firing. We are capable of playing absolutely woeful footy when we are not.

The key from here on out needs to be figuring out who deserves a spot in our best 22 in 2017. We need to get at least 10 games in a row into Lyons and make a call. Same with Grigg. We need to either bring back Hartigan for another 10 games (in a row) or draw a line through him.

We need to be pumping as many games into Cameron, M Crouch, Kerridge, Lever, Atkins, as possible.

No his logic is not flawed.

North was not a top 4 side in 2014. They finished 6th. Port were not a top 4 team in 2014. They finished 5th.

At the end of the home and away matches, yes, but when it really counts and what dictates the draft order, North finished 4th and Port finished 3rd.

given how the top 6 can be influenced by the "drawn" do you think you should reconsider your position?

There will never be a fair fixture - so there will always advantages given to different teams.

The fact remains though that its almost impossible to win a flag from outside the top 4. It is yet to happen in 15 seasons. Until that changes - the teams closest to a flag (which is what its all about) are the 4 teams that finish the regular season on top of the ladder.

Just a question - has anyone who didn't finish top 4 made the grand final since 2000?

There will never be a fair fixture - so there will always advantages given to different teams.

The fact remains though that its almost impossible to win a flag from outside the top 4. It is yet to happen in 15 seasons. Until that changes - the teams closest to a flag (which is what its all about) are the 4 teams that finish the regular season on top of the ladder.

Just a question - has anyone who didn't finish top 4 made the grand final since 2000?
no idea tbh.

It is going to be interesting when a team does win it from outside the top 4, because every team who finishes 5th or 6th will be able hang on to that point....a bit like Stevens kicked 6 in a final...

no idea tbh.

It is going to be interesting when a team does win it from outside the top 4, because every team who finishes 5th or 6th will be able hang on to that point....a bit like Stevens kicked 6 in a final...

It will happen eventually. But I am pretty sure no team has even made the grand final from outside the top 4 since the rules changed in 2000. Might have a bit of a look at it tonight. See how many teams from outside the top 4 even made the prelim.

I classify top 4 as where you finish at the end of the regular season - and its especially in this context.

The finals is a different season.

Man, we were awesome in 2005 then! We finished top! Who cares about what happened in the finals! It's all about the finishing spot at H&A

What rubbish. It's all about where you finish up at the END of the season. The finals are what really count, and if you can get top 4 in that, then you finish top 4

Man, we were awesome in 2005 then! We finished top! Who cares about what happened in the finals! It's all about the finishing spot at H&A

What rubbish. It's all about where you finish up at the END of the season. The finals are what really count, and if you can get top 4 in that, then you finish top 4

The regular season is all about finishing top 4. You give yourself a chance at a flag. Thats more important than where you finish in the finals - with the key exception of winning it all.

I think North are finding out just how flawed your thinking is. No way were they the 4th best team last year. They finished 6th and had some luck with them before getting destroyed in the prelim.

And we were pretty awesome in 2005 btw.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why not throw Tex and Sauce in there as well?

I'd have money on Dangerfield choosing to sign with a Vic club, us matching the offer, and us then working out a trade with said Vic club. It just reeks of this happening now.

I have no source, but I just see this as by far the most likely scenario as we sit here today, taking into account the lack of noise from the Dangerfield camp indicating he wants to stay in Adelaide (unlike the Sloane camp), the fact that we have ample funds to match anyone's offer, and the fact that this will net us more (even if it's only slightly more) than normal FA compensation. We're not going to get anywhere near full value in such a trade, but we're going to get better than the pick 12-13ish (estimate based on where we're likely to finish) we'd get from the standard compo.

Potential trades include:

Geelong:
Their first rounder (I'd still back us to finish above them meaning this alone is better than AFL compo pick) plus Jordan Murdoch

Collingwood:
Their first rounder plus Tim Broomhead, Matt Scharenberg or Ben Kennedy (would personally love Broomhead but he'd be the hardest to pry from them I suspect).

It's still possible that Dangerfield turns his back on free agency, but it becomes increasingly less likely that he does so every week, especially when the team hasn't really performed up to the standard required since the 3rd quarter of Round 2. Rounds 3 and 5 were ok, but neither game screamed 'premiership window opening'. Round 4 was a complete and utter disgrace.
Wouldn't you guys be better off negotiating with said club and letting him go free agency?

It ads an extra first rounder into the mix and then you can work out other trades to 'even it up'.

I know technically not allowed but it is very hard for the AFL to determine a definitive player value and hence stop it.

Wouldn't you guys be better off negotiating with said club and letting him go free agency?

It ads an extra first rounder into the mix and then you can work out other trades to 'even it up'.

I know technically not allowed but it is very hard for the AFL to determine a definitive player value and hence stop it.
We're not real good at covering that sort of stuff up!

The regular season is all about finishing top 4. You give yourself a chance at a flag. Thats more important than where you finish in the finals - with the key exception of winning it all.

I think North are finding out just how flawed your thinking is. No way were they the 4th best team last year. They finished 6th and had some luck with them before getting destroyed in the prelim.

And we were pretty awesome in 2005 btw.

We were awesome in 2005. Until when it actually counted... North and port performed last year. Sure one of em got destroyed in a prelim, but then the team that destroyed them, got destroyed in the GF. Doesn't mean they weren't the 4th best side

I believe that your thinking is incorrect. The final rankings are based on H&A and finals played. Whether you think its a true indication or not, it's what is used at the moment. According to the rankings, North were the 4th bets team lats year. Simples

No. And in general it has been the top 2 playing off in the GF.

Sometimes 4th made it, but I didn't check how many times 4th won.

The final system is heavily geared towards the top 4. The only circumstance I can see that an outside top 4 team getting to the GF is if a team like Hawthorn or Sydney were decimated with injuries to 1st string players in the 1st half of the season, but came storming home in the back end.

Not impossible but very unlikely scenario.

In 2005 we were a top 4 side. Anyone who beat us that year, legitimately could say they beat a good side. Same as 2006.

Collingwood technically are a top 4 side right now but come August, they are very unlikely to be in the same spot. They are not a top 4 side, same as North Melbourne.

Port power, Hawthorn, Sydney and Fremantle are the top 4 sides this year. They have the best playing list - we have to best 2 or 3 of those sides this year to suggest we have improved.

Last year - did we beat Sydney? No. Did we beat Hawthorn? No. Did we beat Fremantle? No and did we best port power.- yes, That's 1 out of 4. The first top 4 game this year and we failed again.

Different year, same result.

Its ok, pick apart my posts and try your best to discredit it all you like but the results actually speak louder than anything and the results have suggested we are no different this year. We may beat the Melbourne's and a the Carltons and finish top 8 and have every feel good but it's not going to make us a better side.

Until we stop gifting games to certain players who have failed year after year to perform in big games, we won't improve.

If some are happy to finish 8th - well done to you.

And if the final position of teams after the finals wasn't that important, why is the draft dictated by where teams finished including finals? You also hear teams always refer to where they finished the year before including finals.

So, North Melbourne are a better side than Fremantle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back