Unofficial Preview Changes/prematch discussion v Richmond (In: Waite/THE GENERAL/Two Dogs OUT: KT/BJ/Blacky)

Remove this Banner Ad

my god can we please drop Aaron Black and delist him, the guy again showed he is not good enough. If Waite cant play then play Majak

If Waite is fine he comes in for Black. Turner to either rest or play in the reserves with Dumont coming in. Hansen needs to come in but not sure for who?

If Waite is fine he comes in for Black. Turner to either rest or play in the reserves with Dumont coming in. Hansen needs to come in but not sure for who?
Jacobs or Macmillan are the only real options.

It'll be Jacobs.

B: Hansen - Tarrant - Firitto
HB: Wright - Thompson - Macmillan
C: Bastinac - Cunnington - Wood
HF: Harvey - Brown - Higgins
F: Thomas - Petrie - Waite
R: Goldstein - Swallow - Ziebell
Int: Dumont - Gibson - Nahas
Sub: McDonald

In: Hansen - Dumont - McDonald - Waite
Out: Black - Jacobs - Atley - Turner

Effectively it is Hansen for Jacobs because I cannot see Macmillan getting dropped. That's the only rationale I can use that makes sense. Hansen will play smallish/medium and peel off in front of Reiwoldt. Christ we have missed him.

Waite in for Black if he is right to go. If not, geez, I'd be tempted to go with Daw but Black should get another opportunity after having to deal with that service on Saturday night.

Turner could do with a rest and a few games in the twos, and with Dumont needing game time at AFL level I think it a good swap. One young talent for another.

I am as doubtful that Atley will be dropped as Macmillan will be dropped but his form has been as horrid as I have ever seen it. He needs to go play on ball in the magoos for a while and learn how to do the hard things well and execute under perceived pressure. Luke to come in for him and run as the sub.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Half of the AFL playing group probably have.
In all honesty I don't think that there was much between the Jacobs/Macmillan performances on Saturday. If anything Macmillan was better with the ball. Jacobs frustrates because he is close to being a very solid and dependable contributor, he just needs to polish his usage in close and stop making daft decisions.

McDonald > Macmillan.
Hmmm, debatable, but I am working on the logic that he has missed two weeks and coming on as the sub would be a good reintroduction. For that period I would also play him on the ball and have him just attack the contests ferociously. We want him on ball one day and I think we need to give him a taste from time to time.

In all honesty I don't think that there was much between the Jacobs/Macmillan performances on Saturday. If anything Macmillan was better with the ball. Jacobs frustrates because he is close to being a very solid and dependable contributor, he just needs to polish his usage in close and stop making daft decisions.

Jacobs' bad decisions stand out because they are such basic * ups.

Jacobs frustrates because he is close to being a very solid and dependable contributor, he just needs to polish his usage in close and stop making daft decisions.

<create_template>
<replace_[jacobs]_with_[insert_nmfc_footballer]>

Hmmm, debatable, but I am working on the logic that he has missed two weeks and coming on as the sub would be a good reintroduction. For that period I would also play him on the ball and have him just attack the contests ferociously. We want him on ball one day and I think we need to give him a taste from time to time.

I'd rather have him play and Macmillan the sub.

Jacobs' bad decisions stand out because they are such basic **** ups.
Colossal.

Total WTF moments.

But I am sure he is well aware as soon as the pill leaves his boot. He's gotta work that s**t out of his game.

I'd rather have him play and Macmillan the sub.
And fair enough, but I reckon LMac would have a better impact (and for reasons stated above).

One issue I see with Atley out and LMac sub is that we tend to run with a defensive mid type, like Ats over the last few weeks. Without those two and Macmillan in the back six our options are Wood, Basti and Gibson. I wouldn't be averse to Gibbo getting the gig.

Another is lack of pace. Cunners, JZ, Swallow, Basti, Gibson, Dumont, Wood, Higgins, Harvey, Nahas. Not exactly teeming with toe.

<create_template>
<replace_[jacobs]_with_[insert_nmfc_footballer]>
Indeed.

But for Jacobs' to stand out amongst that group is saying something.

B: Hansen - Tarrant - Firitto
HB: Wright - Thompson - Macmillan
C: Bastinac - Cunnington - Wood
HF: Harvey - Brown - Higgins
F: Thomas - Petrie - Waite
R: Goldstein - Swallow - Ziebell
Int: Dumont - Gibson - Nahas
Sub: McDonald

In: Hansen - Dumont - McDonald - Waite
Out: Black - Jacobs - Atley - Turner

Effectively it is Hansen for Jacobs because I cannot see Macmillan getting dropped. That's the only rationale I can use that makes sense. Hansen will play smallish/medium and peel off in front of Reiwoldt. Christ we have missed him.

Waite in for Black if he is right to go. If not, geez, I'd be tempted to go with Daw but Black should get another opportunity after having to deal with that service on Saturday night.

Turner could do with a rest and a few games in the twos, and with Dumont needing game time at AFL level I think it a good swap. One young talent for another.

I am as doubtful that Atley will be dropped as Macmillan will be dropped but his form has been as horrid as I have ever seen it. He needs to go play on ball in the magoos for a while and learn how to do the hard things well and execute under perceived pressure. Luke to come in for him and run as the sub.

I don't mind this team.

The 2 good ins being Luke and Lachy.

The big out Atters, this is the sort of statement we should have made after round 1. Shaun can play but we have to draw a line on substandard performances put out there by highly rated players. We have too many players playing on "credits in the bank".

I agree regarding JMac, Leadership blah, important to marshall troops blah. He was coming off 3 weeks of no footy, we have to have been expecting him to be underdone and we'd have to carry him in a game we could not have passengers. It was a selection error. He'll be better for the run.

Here is something though, I also expect Lachy to be down relative to what we know he can do. It is exceedingly rare a player comes in off a lay off and smashes it.

Agree Black should be dropped. The people calling for him to be traded are deadset mental. Go and watch some games from when he wasn't either carrying or recovering from a shoulder injury. But sure, let's buy high and sell low.

If Waite isn't fit then I would play Maj. For the simple fact he is in form.

Sugar for Dumont should have happened last week. The way the game played out it probably would have been more beneficial to have Froggy replace Spitta rather than Sugar. I'd given Kayne the week off all footy TBH.

Jacobs has been playing better footy, but is stuck in a revolving door of selection. With the plthora of half back flankers we have perhaps we should put him in the middle a bit more. To do that we'd have to wear some deer in headlight moments. I think that his development will be similar to Wright's. Has moments where he absolutely lacks the composure to do what he shold find simple. Once over the hump of that will become a solid player for us. It is gonna be a journey with Ben.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back