Conspiracy Theory Faked Deaths

Remove this Banner Ad

buddyruff

Cancelled
Nov 7, 2007
South Morang
AFL Club
Hawthorn
This is a topic of mine I find to be quite fun to explore, even when sub consciously you know it's very very unlikely someone could fake their own death and get away with it.

Are there any celebrities who have passed away who you genuinely believe have faked their own death?

Andy Kauffman is an interesting case. As is Jacko. Of all the faked death conspiracies, I think that these are two who could possibly pull it off.

Thoughts?

Elvis is the one that I have done the most reading on. The main points of interest were a couple of life insurance policies that to this day have never been claimed. The incorrect spelling of his middle name on his tombstone and the fact that he was not buried next to his beloved mother as he stipulated in his will, he ended up in between his grandmother and father. Lots of his friends and relatives did not believe it was his body in the casket at the funeral. There is also some DNA evidence that has come out of a parental claim by a young woman that could suggest Elvis lived beyond the date of his death but that is a long and slightly baffling story.

And this infamous photo that was snapped at Graceland just after it opened to the public in 1978, which appeared to show Elvis sitting in a chair behind the door. Graceland said it was a former employee Al Strada but many believe it to be the King:

enlargedclearpoolhousedoorphoto.jpg

Elvis is the one that I have done the most reading on. The main points of interest were a couple of life insurance policies that to this day have never been claimed. The incorrect spelling of his middle name on his tombstone and the fact that he was not buried next to his beloved mother as he stipulated in his will, he ended up in between his grandmother and father. Lots of his friends and relatives did not believe it was his body in the casket at the funeral. There is also some DNA evidence that has come out of a parental claim by a young woman that could suggest Elvis lived beyond the date of his death but that is a long and slightly baffling story.

And this infamous photo that was snapped at Graceland just after it opened to the public in 1978, which appeared to show Elvis sitting in a chair behind the door. Graceland said it was a former employee Al Strada but many believe it to be the King:

enlargedclearpoolhousedoorphoto.jpg
Not a very smart bloke if he was just hanging out at his old pad after faking his own death. At the one place tons of people were always going to visit nonetheless.

^^Totally, I never bought into it myself but I was just curious as to why the myth had never really died down after thirty-odd years so I did some research. There were a lot of unexplainable happenings though that affected different people around the time and throughout the 1980's that made me question a few things but no smoking gun. He was incredibly unhealthy and his family had a long history of heart disease and when you then add the daily intake of pretty much an entire pharmacy, it is easy to why he died so young.

Entertaining myth however, this "doco" was finished in 2007 but has never seen the light of day:

Richey Edwards of Manic Street Preachers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tupac is the only person I really know of. The legend goes, He was fascinated by a late war strategist who believed the only way to get to your opponent was to fake your death....making your opponent vulnerable to attacks.

Biggie died a few months/weeks later....go figure :)

P.S, Just reading that back it sounds like a troll but I believe it is true.

I think a lot of these faked death rumours play into the idea that celebrities are somehow "invincible", or not as mortal as other people. Do heavy amounts of drugs, or mix yourself up in some other sort of dangerous s**t, then you're playing a risky game, no matter who you are.

Always had question marks over Hanse Cronje. Just something about the whole plane crash into the side of a mountain.

Not to say I definitely believe it

The Jacko one is interesting as there was a bloke called Michael Michael that appeared and everyone reckoned he was Jacko as he had a similar, very crappy uncanny resemblance.

Harold Holt, apparently there was a Chinese sub waiting for him.

Osama Bin Laden is apparently a CIA agent now under witness protection.

List goes on!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back