Suns drop three more players for disciplinary reasons

Remove this Banner Ad

How could someone like Ablett let the training standards get so low?
He'd warm up on his own away from the group. Extrapolating that you could see he was either separate from the rest of the group a large portion of the time, or simply wasn't particularly interested.

Rocket obviously putting his stamp on the club. Very interesting and potentially tells us a bit more around why bluey was sacked.
Not really.

Different methods get different results.

Regardless, we don't know if they're acting out due to the changes at the club.

GC were on an upward trajectory with McKenna. Whether that was going to lead them to premiership contention, we don't know.

Since Eade came in, he wasn't happy and has obviously ruffled some feathers.

Rocket obviously putting his stamp on the club. Very interesting and potentially tells us a bit more around why bluey was sacked.
Eagles' fans don't want to hear it but McKenna has always been a muppet.

If you can't celebrate a win, what's the point of winning?
Rocket and the club need to extract their heads from their respective arses and realise clubs are built around bravery, comradery and a bit of larrakin behavior.
This idiotic premise that every footy player has to be a tea totaling, moral lighthouse for the rest of society just because they make good coin needs to be stamped out of society.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not surprised about Bennell - kid is completely off the boil as was rumoured in the off-season and can be seen by the way he plays.

If you can't celebrate a win, what's the point of winning?
Rocket and the club need to extract their heads from their respective arses and release clubs are built around bravery, comradery and a bit of larrakin behavior.
This idiotic premise that every footy player has to be a tea totaling, moral lighthouse for the rest of society just because they make good coin needs to be stamped out of society.
I'm no great fan of Rocket, but this footy club has been embarrassed all season and alcohol is both a bad look and can affect performance. It sounds like they were explicitly asked not to drink this week, and I don't see how the coach isn't within his rights to do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Banning alcohol for the whole season what a joke, nobody could go that long. It's pushing the players into cocaine and also making for bigger binges in the off season when they are finally alowd to drink

Banning alcohol for the whole season what a joke, nobody could go that long. It's pushing the players into cocaine and also making for bigger binges in the off season when they are finally alowd to drink

If my job told me they'd pay me bare minimum 200k as long as I didnt drink for half the year Id happily accept.

This.

Eade has said on numerous occasions that the culture he arrived at was simply not good enough. Malceski has also talked about how he was shocked at how low the training standard was compared to Sydney. Under Bluey, as long as you were one of his favourites you'd get a game no matter how you train/perform. Who knows what else was happening behind closed doors.

But apparently sacking McKenna was a huge mistake.

Do you have a link to what Mal said?

There are people that don't drink alcohol in society, believe it or not.

If they were asked not to drink THIS WEEK, then go out and actually do it. Well it shows the mentality of these lads, and where some of them are at.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm no great fan of Rocket, but this footy club has been embarrassed all season and alcohol is both a bad look and can affect performance. It sounds like they were explicitly asked not to drink this week, and I don't see how the coach isn't within his rights to do it.
The week before they were explicitly asked to win.
Why was Eade out of work again?

If my job told me they'd pay me bare minimum 200k as long as I didnt drink for half the year Id happily accept.
Would you be expecting 3.am blood tests?
s**t like that is easy for you to say because no-one is ever going to offer you a $200,000.00 a year job.

You'd put a 200k job at risk just for a drink?
A normal human in a normal would never agree to being told what they can or cannot doso it's moot making such comments.
One profession which should be totally banned from any contact with alcohol or drugs of any kind would be a Police Officer....or perhaps a Doctor......any thoughts? Zero reading or lose your job...any day any place any time, except when you are on your annual vacation.
Then we have all those moron who go on "realty TV'shows"........not that they are real or normal.

He'd warm up on his own away from the group. Extrapolating that you could see he was either separate from the rest of the group a large portion of the time, or simply wasn't particularly interested.
Doesn't he get them all in to pray?

Would you be expecting 3.am blood tests?
s**t like that is easy for you to say because no-one is ever going to offer you a $200,000.00 a year job.

I get alcohol and drug tests at work regularly and Im only on 100k. But because of it, I dont do drugs and I dont drink before going to work. Its not hard logic to grasp. Alcohol is NOT a good way to recover from a professional level game.

No, because I'd have a 250k job.

I don't think any of these 3 are at risk of being unemployed.

I didnt say they were, but all three of them choosing to go and drink alcohol after a professional sporting match is putting their future at risk.

No, because I'd have a 250k job.

I don't think any of these 3 are at risk of being unemployed.
If you're perceived as an arrogant dick who can't even obey the most basic of rules that you yourself agreed to, I'm not sure you'd have job offers coming in as readily as you'd expect.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back