Food, Drink & Dining Out Favourite Beer II

Remove this Banner Ad

Me after reading thread this morning: "have you had Tecate?"

Other person: "no I've been meaning to try it though, is it one of those ironic trendy beers like Pabst and Melbourne Bitter?"

Me: "I'm not sure, pick some up from Dan's."

Me tonight: "I'll try one later but quickly what do you think of it?"

Other person: "no flavour."

Last edited:
Yes Nigel will be drinking it to be ironic and get back to his roots. Mainstream generic beer is cool again due to inner city ******s wanting to stand out
I think the opposite will be true. They want to drink it from the can/bottle/long-neck so they can be seen to be drinking it.

Yet another CUB fail.

If CUB really want to appeal to inner-city hipsters they should bring out Reschs Draught cans in 375ml and Reschs DA cans in 440ml.

But they won't. Not a half brain between the * wits at Sothbank Tower of Ivory.

Yes Nigel will be drinking it to be ironic and get back to his roots. Mainstream generic beer is cool again due to inner city ******s wanting to stand out

Used to drink Melbournes circa 1995 all the time. Sub $20 cases on special and $3.5 a can at the pub. Now it costs more than Carlton and VB all the time. Funny how it's a 'cool' beer now. Always have a place for a cold dumb lager with me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Other person: "no I've been meaning to try it though, is it one of those ironic trendy beers like Pabst and Melbourne Bitter?"

Actually didn't taste too bad.

I tried Sierra Nevada (pale ale) Sunday afternoon and was a real nice drop.

Some really good beers getting out there.

Yeah, it's a good one and pretty cheap here. It's a fairly typical Pacific Northwest Pale. If you see some others from Northern California up to British Columbia I recommend trying them. Some good beers.

Yeah, it's a good one and pretty cheap here. It's a fairly typical Pacific Northwest Pale. If you see some others from Northern California up to British Columbia I recommend trying them. Some good beers.
I'm just getting into brewing my own using all grain method so I've been trying a wide range. I'm finding getting the IBU's right in my beers is difficult, not sure if it's my taste but something around the 45IBU is too bitter for me but like I said it may be process related. I have another fermenting now which is a clone of the Little Creatures IPA but I have cut the first hop addition back slightly to see what difference this makes.

All trial and error.

Has no flavour is correct. I only ever saw it in Mexico where they do a lick, sip, suck with it. Then it turned up going for nothing at my local IGA!!! It is so s**t even Corona is better by comparison. Tecate is the stuff that Mexicans (rather than Gringos) actually drink

Remove this Banner Ad

Back