Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Redskins

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

How long do you retain rights to a player after drafting him? Am I right in thinking that it's only 12 months if they don't sign a contract?

If that's the case, it would explain why no one drafted Collins. 12 months isn't long to wait if his advice is that he can nominate next year, or if he thinks he can get a better deal than a 7th round rookie as a free agent.

Yep, that's what I was going to post as well. The rules state that he can sit out for 12 months and re-enter the draft where he can be drafted by anyone other than the original drafting team, but only if he's taken in the actual draft. His ultimatum actually made it worse for teams - if they drafted him and he acted on his ultimatum, they'd actually be worse off than not drafting him at all because they won't be able to draft him in 2016. As it is, he can sign as a UDFA and potentially earn more money than a seventh rounder because he's eligible for a pay rise after three years (RFA tender) and extension a year early, after two years.

Problem is he could very well be guilty of involvement. Something is fishy.

But if he's not, 31 teams would be kicking themselves to have passed on him.

I agree with the above sentiment, despite the negative perceptions that come with it, I'd use a late 7th on him.

FFS, so much talk about 7th rounders is "practice squad" or even them not making the final 53, why not take the gamle.

Dallas should've drafted him, they don't mind having a team full of criminals.

They don't need him, they already have the greatest O-Line ever that any hack with 2 legs can run behind. :rainbow:

Oakland Raiders 2015 NFL Draft

Needs Analysis: There are so many roster holes here that "best available" should work throughout the draft. Finding a WR for Derek Carr to grow with should be a high priority. Oakland could use more than one CB to add to a talent-depleted group. Immediate help at defensive end and offensive tackle would be nice but might not get the same priority with so many holes facing this front office.

Round 1, Pick 4 (4) Amari Cooper WR 6'1" 211 Alabama 7.1
Pick Analysis: "I felt Cooper fit in with Oakland better than Kevin White of West Virginia. Cooper can play inside and outside, and Oakland has all outside receivers. And, boy, is Derek Carr going to love him." -- Mike Mayock

Round 2, Pick 3 (35) Mario Edwards, Jr. DT 6'3" 279 Florida St. 5.5
Pick Analysis: "Edwards was a polarizing conversation in draft circles this year. He was 272 (pounds) at his pro day but 310 in August. Do you get him when he's sloppy or in shape? When he's 310, he looked more like a three-technique. At his pro day, he was 272 and in the best shape of his life. Now the question is, what do you get (weight-wise)?" -- Mike Mayock

The question will always be whether or not the Raiders should've taken Leonard Williams in the 1st, and then someone like Devin Smith in the 2nd instead of Cooper/Edwards.

The draft was deep at WR again and I tend to lean on Williams/Smith side of the coin.

Yep, that's what I was going to post as well. The rules state that he can sit out for 12 months and re-enter the draft where he can be drafted by anyone other than the original drafting team, but only if he's taken in the actual draft. His ultimatum actually made it worse for teams - if they drafted him and he acted on his ultimatum, they'd actually be worse off than not drafting him at all because they won't be able to draft him in 2016. As it is, he can sign as a UDFA and potentially earn more money than a seventh rounder because he's eligible for a pay rise after three years (RFA tender) and extension a year early, after two years.
Ah...great explanation by you and nobby. Explains why teams didn't draft him.

The question will always be whether or not the Raiders should've taken Leonard Williams in the 1st, and then someone like Devin Smith in the 2nd instead of Cooper/Edwards.

The draft was deep at WR again and I tend to lean on Williams/Smith side of the coin.
I disagree. Cooper is a significantly better WR than any WR in the draft. It doesn't matter what scheme or what WR position you put him at as he produces. The question is, is Williams significantly better than any other DL in the draft? I don't think he is but he did seem like a better fit than Edwards. That said, had Fowler been available at 4, I believe the Raiders take him then perhaps entertain your position.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thus the difficulty projecting NFL futures from College performances. There's no test for heart, grit and will.
I should probably mention that I think the Raiders did the right thing, I just think that White is Coopers equal

Surely if he gets to pick where he goes he heads straight to Seattle.
I wouldn't choose Seattle if I had my pick as an O Lineman

They may not have reached out to him (although judging by their drafting, character is not an issue)

I wouldn't choose Seattle if I had my pick as an O Lineman

They may not have reached out to him (although judging by their drafting, character is not an issue)

They need to get some help on the O Line and they are favourites for the Super Bowl. Damn I hope he comes to Carolina.

At Seattle he wouldn't be an LT, that may be important to him as it would get him paid down the track

Why not? It would only be Okung in front of him (and possibly Bailey) and with our O-Line's track record for staying healthy the past few seasons, he would likely see a bit of game time. If he were to show form as a backup I could see Pete limiting Okung's snaps to keep him fresh for later in the season like he did with Lynch last season.

Why not? It would only be Okung in front of him (and possibly Bailey) and with our O-Line's track record for staying healthy the past few seasons, he would likely see a bit of game time. If he were to show form as a backup I could see Pete limiting Okung's snaps to keep him fresh for later in the season like he did with Lynch last season.
So he will get paid as a rotational player?
Why not go to a team where he gets a chance at starting LT

Back