Review Round 6 - GWS vs Hawthorn, Spotless Stadium, 9th May, 4.35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Not after last week mate. Unless 20% of your members travel interstatefor it, I'd say we're lucky to get 10,000.

We're a fickle bunch ip here.
Hawthorn (& Pies) have the most travelling fans. Reckon there will be quite a few Hawks for our first game there.

I think the Mohr for Corr change has to happen this week as well as williams for Kelly.

Mohr is a great user of the ball down back and still offers the versatility of three talls down back. Williams played the defensive forward role in the NAB cup quite well but is also quite versatile in that he can play small anywhere around the ground. Id have him as sub and WHE gets a full game.

So so many passengers last week i can criticise loads of players but id prefer to keep the changes a few as possible. That said... Griffen needs a kick up the arse... his inside work isnt what is can be

Lewis can accept a 2 week ban, Hodge has been referred straight to the tribunal.

Fair to assume at this point that neither will be taking the field on Saturday.

Hey fellas I'm heading up to Sydney for this one just wondering do they have standing room area's at spotless? Also well done on your start to the year last week aside.

Hey fellas I'm heading up to Sydney for this one just wondering do they have standing room area's at spotless? Also well done on your start to the year last week aside.

You can walk around the entire stadium between the "inner bowl" and the grandstands, and I suppose you can stop anywhere along the way and stand (maybe not in front of the members) - but there will be plenty of seats in which to sit down too.

They don't sell 'standing room' tickets though - just general admission.

You can walk around the entire stadium between the "inner bowl" and the grandstands, and I suppose you can stop anywhere along the way and stand (maybe not in front of the members) - but there will be plenty of seats in which to sit down too.

They don't sell 'standing room' tickets though - just general admission.

Cheers for that mate.

In all fairness though it's possible for this team. Lose to WC and the. Get a rocket up the bum and beat a team in hawks that take us lightly :)

Only lost by 7 last year and had a worse team

In all fairness though it's possible for this team. Lose to WC and the. Get a rocket up the bum and beat a team in hawks that take us lightly :)

Only lost by 7 last year and had a worse team

I wouldn't expect us to take you lightly at all this year considering we are both 3-2.

Apologies in advance for the lack of anything fun to do in or around the precinct before or after the game.
There is 1 pub there but it is extremely ordinary and the surrounding suburbs are holes. Best of jump straight on the train back to Central and head to a couple of ripping pubs in Surry Hills if you're planning on having a good night out after the game.

Love my club, love our ground, but having lived in Melbourne the last 3 years, you guys are spoiled for choice when it comes to food/atmosphere/beer quality around the MCG & Etihad.

Apologies in advance for the lack of anything fun to do in or around the precinct before or after the game.
There is 1 pub there but it is extremely ordinary and the surrounding suburbs are holes. Best of jump straight on the train back to Central and head to a couple of ripping pubs in Surry Hills if you're planning on having a good night out after the game.

Love my club, love our ground, but having lived in Melbourne the last 3 years, you guys are spoiled for choice when it comes to food/atmosphere/beer quality around the MCG & Etihad.

Thanks for the Advice and pointers.. Ive been to ANZ twice to watch us play the swans and spotless is in the same percent yeah ? My accommodation is right near Central station so should work out well...

Im expecting a tough game on Saturday as you are improving all the time and with Lewis and Hodge out we are a bit shorthanded in the Midfield. Do expect to win by 4 or 5 goals in the end after a really hard fought game.

Thanks for the Advice and pointers.. Ive been to ANZ twice to watch us play the swans and spotless is in the same percent yeah ? My accommodation is right near Central station so should work out well...

Im expecting a tough game on Saturday as you are improving all the time and with Lewis and Hodge out we are a bit shorthanded in the Midfield. Do expect to win by 4 or 5 goals in the end after a really hard fought game.
After last weekend I'll take a 4-5 game loss!
Yep Spotless is the same Olympic precinct. Snooze fest of an area.
Enjoy the weekend mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After last weekend I'll take a 4-5 game loss!
Yep Spotless is the same Olympic precinct. Snooze fest of an area.
Enjoy the weekend mate.

Cheers will do and yeah the area is a little barren haha. Didn't watch your mob last week as I was at Haw vs NM at the same time but I must say i was shocked i Honestly thought it was going to be a really close toss of the coin game vs the Eagles.

Cheers will do and yeah the area is a little barren haha. Didn't watch your mob last week as I was at Haw vs NM at the same time but I must say i was shocked i Honestly thought it was going to be a really close toss of the coin game vs the Eagles.
I thought we should've been favourites which made the loss harder to take.
The WCE monkey remains firmly on our backs for another year I'm afraid.

HODGEYROAD don't be disappointed by the lack of pubs, justice crew will more than make up for it. :p

http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/news/2015-04-27/expect-big-things

ExpectBigThingsSLIDER.jpg

will be interesting if we tryto shut down mitchell or let him be and hope someone like Sheil works hard enough to cancel out his impact.

Im looking to Griff this game... its time we got more out of him

This will be an easy win for the Hawks. They can easily deal with a side who attacks with run and carry and their defenders are the best at rolling off their man... Something west coast did to great effect on us. If we are capable of playing the way we did against west coast then we are capable of doing it two weeks in a row.

Port run and carry and what they did to us wasn't pleasant.

With Lake & Frawley out McCarthy & Cameron should at least be a chance of kicking a competitive score.

Port run and carry and what they did to us wasn't pleasant.

With Lake & Frawley out McCarthy & Cameron should at least be a chance of kicking a competitive score.
Gibson and the other Hawks backs are so well organised it might not matter about Lake & Frawley.
Cameron has been declared fit despite his nose getting smooshed.
We need our half forwards to kick a bag between them to have a chance as well.

well i can't see your guys winning this one even with the hawks outs, that mob bat really deep. still defensive pressure especially from the midfield will be key to keeping your mob in it. Tackle, Tackle, Tackle!

I'll be in the corporate boxes for work, stick it up those campaigners!

well i can't see your guys winning this one even with the hawks outs, that mob bat really deep. still defensive pressure especially from the midfield will be key to keeping your mob in it. Tackle, Tackle, Tackle!

I'll be in the corporate boxes for work, stick it up campaigners!

Good to see that GWS vs Sydney rivalry is going strong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back