Boxing May 2nd - Floyd Mayweather Jr vs Manny Pacquiao

Remove this Banner Ad

as much as i was hoping for an upset, you gotta give credit to floyd for getting the fight on his terms. but overall it was an underwhelming fight, so ill just leave this here as a reminder of what boxing can be...

I don't know much about him giving his money away. That sounds like a good thing. Then as a politician he actively fights against things that will help the poor people in his homeland.

Forgiven by who? Giving money away cancels out the other wrongdoings? What's your opinion?

come talk to me when you give half of you earnings to charity....

I wouldn't be surprised to find out Pac is/was dirty, but in fairness Floyd's terms were ridiculous for a professional fight. First he wanted 14 days, then when Pac agreed to 14 days he changed the demand again.

It's pretty obvious Floyd was never serious about fighting Pac in his prime and the drug testing thing was mostly an excuse.
The Champ always makes the rules, like it or leave it.
I certainly wouldn't go as far as calling Manny evil for those bad deeds he's apparently guilty of. Evil is something I'd associate with a killer/peodophile/rapist etc. When you say that it should have been 'evil vs evil'. That to me sounds like both fighters are unforgivable for whatever sins they've committed.

Hopefully Manny has changed his stance on the things listed above. And that he's a man of his word(to donate half of his earning in the Floyd bout to charity).
Apparently Manny is a utensil fighting enthusiast. I guess this may be accepted in the Philippines but whatever.

Pacquiao could face criminal charges for hiding shoulder injury - report
May 5, 2015 12:17pm
Manny Pacquiao could face sanctions for not disclosing his injury to the Nevada State Athletic Commission prior to his fight against Floyd Mayweather.

Francisco Aguilar, the chairman of the commission that oversaw this past weekend's mega-fight, told True.Ink that it is "something we’re looking at, and an issue we’ll be discussing with the Attorney General."

According to the report, Pacquiao could be guilty of perjury for not disclosing the injury on his pre-fight health checklist.

- See more at: http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/stor...g-shoulder-injury-report#sthash.T9S9ii9J.dpuf

I certainly wouldn't go as far as calling Manny evil for those bad deeds he's apparently guilty of. Evil is something I'd associate with a killer/peodophile/rapist etc. When you say that it should have been 'evil vs evil'. That to me sounds like both fighters are unforgivable for whatever sins they've committed.

Hopefully Manny has changed his stance on the things listed above. And that he's a man of his word(to donate half of his earning in the Floyd bout to charity).
Is Mayweather evil? Mayweather doesn't seem to fit into your evil category. All I really meant to say was that classifying the fight as good vs evil was simplistic and not true. Pacquiao's certainly not good imo.

I really doubt Pacquiao has changed his views on some of those things, unless he's suddenly become a lot less religious. That seems very unlikely considering that he's now a born-again Christian. His opposition to contraception was that 'god said go forth and multiply'.

come talk to me when you give half of you earnings to charity....
Will do. I'll also come talk to you when I own many roosters for cockfighting and use my political position to oppose gay rights and the use of contraception.

Gives his earnings to charity but won't pay his taxes....

I didn't hear anyone calling it good v evil.

Pacquiao is a much more likeable personality than Mayweather, who is not only a boring fighter but an abortion of a human being. Therefore everyone cheered for the Filipino. That's all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sure, my point is just that i don't really see Pacquiao's refusal to buy into Mayweather's games as definitive proof he's a doper.
Absolutely agree. In fact I reckon the Mayweather camp probably drummed it up long ago just as an excuse to duck Pac.
But at the end of the day Manny wanted what Floyd has so he must figuratively play the role of beggar.

Sumting wong with his face
CM7Vz6U.png

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-05-05/pacquiao-to-undergo-shoulder-surgery-says-espn/6446368

Manny out 9-12 months with torn rotator cuff. Floyd beat a one armed boxer.

Mayweather has been quoted in an interview with Showtime that "at the moment he's not interested in a rematch with Manny Pacquiao because he's a sore loser and he's a coward.''

Now Pacquiao lost on the night. But Mayweather has the gall to refer to him as a "coward"?

How can you call a guy who chased you all over the ring for 12 rounds trying to knock your head off a coward FFS?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back