Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, Arizona Cardinals
I'd say 3 would be a fair penalty.

Was a silly thing to do and he will know exactly that he has done wrong

Lewis' charge also correct

Mark Robinson

@Robbo_heraldsun
Tribunal has decided protecting the heads remains paramount, no matter if it's an accident. So May gets 3. Lewis gets two. It's not right

Newsflash dickhead, Lewis DID get three, he just didn't contest it.

Will likely be 4 down to 3. If they were willing to let him take 3 down to 2 they would've just given it to him with the necessary grading. If he can get away with 2 that would be a dream result at this point.

I have come around to the idea that Hodge having a little holiday ain't too bad for us or the team.

Gives others opportunities, both on the field and to pick up some of the leadership slack.

Could be good for us later in the year.

Main Man

Premiership Player
Aug 17, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool, Old Ivanhoe!

Mark Robinson
@Robbo_heraldsun

Tribunal has decided protecting the heads remains paramount, no matter if it's an accident. So May gets 3. Lewis gets two. It's not right

Newsflash dickhead, Lewis DID get three, he just didn't contest it.

Whilst I don't agree with the May decision Robbo has lost it, does he not realize that Goldstein got up and played out the game, Rockliff was put into next week. I really don't understand why he is so upset about the Lewis incident, it was dumb but it is not as if it was a big hit, 2 weeks a fair outcome.

Jun 28, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I have come around to the idea that Hodge having a little holiday ain't too bad for us or the team.

Gives others opportunities, both on the field and to pick up some of the leadership slack.

Imagine if you elbowed someone in the face at work and got a holiday. In the wrong job I am

2 weeks is a good enough holiday. Rather have him back for the Sydney game as winning that is important for our finishing position (ideally top 2).

Hodge doing a lot of apologising. This should hopefully help his case. Snuck in a "didn't mean to hit high" despite pleading guilty (thus surely can't be deliberate!!).

Hodge doing a lot of apologising. This should hopefully help his case. Snuck in a "didn't mean to hit high" despite pleading guilty (thus surely can't be deliberate!!).

I still think this was going to be one of his standard don't argue shove to the chest and unfortunately its slipped up - mostly neck but some jaw

TNTre

All Australian
Apr 23, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Out of curiosity, has anything been said about the fact that Swallow was so badly injured he remonstrated and took out (wrestled) with Hodge mere minutes after being declared legally dead? I would have thought that someone in such a critical condition would have sought medical attention, not retribution.

Cynic

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 13, 2006
Not Blank
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Out of curiosity, has anything been said about the fact that Swallow was so badly injured he remonstrated and took out (wrestled) with Hodge mere minutes after being declared legally dead? I would have thought that someone in such a critical condition would have sought medical attention, not retribution.

Adrenaline as a result of a near, sorry 'potential', death experience.

Now comparing to Fyfe's hit on Lewis which was "low" impact.

This is brilliant. They're pleading guilty while still arguing both the intent and the severity...

Furn2

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn

SuperFooty (AFL)
@superfooty

North medical report favourable towards #Hodge. Swallow required no on-field treatment. Passed two concussion tests through match

That's good news.

So how have they rated it as high impact ? If it was given medium which it has to be he could of taken 3 down to 2, now he cant get a early plea. May KOed a guy *even though it was a fair bump IMO) and that guy failed 2 concussion tests and will miss a week. How can that be hte same impact as a guy who recieved no treatment at all ?

Back