Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree.
The very end of the second and the early part of the third we let them get easy goals that reminded me of the Sydney game. That was not good and something to fix.

For most of the second quarter when they played ping pong near our fifty we actually stuffed up simple second, third or fourth passes when normally we would have easily scored on the rebound. Our bread and butter so to speak.
We could have easily score 3-5 goals during the period we were "dominated" in the second quarter.

But in fairness one needs to have watched Port play all of its game to recognise them as bread and butter opportunities missed rather than being dominated.

EDIT: Forgot to quote Malibu#27 .

Not to worry, rowie is still going on about the free Craig Kellys son gave away to Westhoff in the last. I assume based on that you are allowed to run back with your back to the ball and wrap them around the forward front on to impede him.

The inflation of the Crows tyres continues. Just happened to hear an interview between ambassador David Penberthey and Patrick Dangerfield discussing how dominant the Crows were on the weekend, controlling the game. Dangerfiled was happily going along with it.
Who cares about stats, for all but 15 minutes of the 2nd/3rd quarters Port had complete control of the game, in fact apart from that period (obviously they kicked first 2), I was sitting back comfortable as the game always felt like we had it where we needed to.

Its great isn't it...
Crows Lose and players and Ambassadors pat themselves on the back for winning stats.
Port win and aren't happy because they're not playing as well as they know they can, but still winning..

Even Graham Cornes said "Port aren't playing any where near their best but they're still winning, when it all clicks look out"!

Not to worry, rowie is still going on about the free Craig Kellys son gave away to Westhoff in the last. I assume based on that you are allowed to run back with your back to the ball and wrap them around the forward front on to impede him.

When Tippett was copping similar treatment from opposition defenders they went to the AFL and all but demanded a coronial inquest.

He did it more than once and needs to get that out of his game otherwise he'll give lots of frees/goals away.

The following i50 heatmap shows me why for most of the second quarter I wasn't too fussed (Port kicking to top of screen (btw 90% of the red dots were the result of the ball ping ponging back and forward over the 50m line)
upload_2015-5-6_8-47-55.png

Note: We still need to reduce the number of i50 we are giving up though.

The inflation of the Crows tyres continues. Just happened to hear an interview between ambassador David Penberthey and Patrick Dangerfield discussing how dominant the Crows were on the weekend, controlling the game. Dangerfiled was happily going along with it.
Who cares about stats, for all but 15 minutes of the 2nd/3rd quarters Port had complete control of the game, in fact apart from that period (obviously they kicked first 2), I was sitting back comfortable as the game always felt like we had it where we needed to.
They like to pump their tyres. When Jay kicked a goal, our third, in the first quarter at the 15.57 mark, Port were never headed again lol

The following i50 heatmap shows me why for most of the second quarter I wasn't too fussed (Port kicking to top of screen (btw 90% of the red dots were the result of the ball ping ponging back and forward over the 50m line)
View attachment 131150

Nice map! Did you make it or find it somewhere?

View attachment 131150

looks like the crows players believe the "Eddie Betts pocket :rolleyes:" is actually real, and the best place to score from.

They like to pump their tyres. When Jay kicked a goal, our third, in the first quarter at the 15.57 mark, Port were never headed again lol

there was only twice they scored quick end on end sets of goals - for the remainder it was either stalemate, or us going on scoring dominant periods.
upload_2015-5-6_8-57-22.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

looks like the crows players believe the "Eddie Betts pocket :rolleyes:" is actually real, and the best place to score from.

That's the result of Dangerfield bursting out the centre and trying to hit the top of the square and miskicking.

View attachment 131150

This is just an example not the real deal, right?

"artists impression"
Ah, I see, and it illustrates your point well. although I'd definitely be interested in a real i50 map of the game, as well as some sort of indication of whether it was to a pack of players or to a lead, etc

there was only twice they scored quick end on end sets of goals - for the remainder it was either stalemate, or us going on scoring dominant periods.
View attachment 131151

Crows invaded our Portress; Port's task force set about removing them and it began to look like a complete rout was on the cards; thinking that Adelaide Oval was somehow theirs, the Crows staged a counter attack which threatened at times, but Port Adelaide, with its superior training and professionalism, and with the weight of tipsters and umpires on their side, rightly regained possession of Adelaide Oval and Showdown bragging rights!

The SA media's tradition of patting the Crows on the back after brave losses has worked beautifully since 1999.
Long may it continue.

What gets me about this whole SA football media thing is that it’s like a merry and querulous pursuit towards the humdrum.

No matter what, they laud their Crows, the virility of their men. Lose a showdown? Not a problem, just heap praise on the stats. They won ground-ball gets! They won inside-50’s! Unquestioned glorification – “balance”, if you will. Pat ‘em on the bum, give ‘em a kiss. It’s all sweet. It’s all good. It’s all bells and whistles down at West Lakes. There are no issues there. None at all.

Then, look at us. No matter what, they turn anything Port-related into an unnecessary and negative opprobrium. Win a showdown? But you didn’t control the whole game! Appoint a new coach? Cue an awful mix of disdain, hysterics and ignorance: they’re going to end up with Ken Hinkley, Bone, Ken Hinkley!

What’s worse is disguise their chicanery with frivolity submerged with parochial attitude and élan. Their appellation of ‘Port Power’, however, is not through ignorance, but it is because they are pejorative, and they want to perpetuate the public perception of us as Est 1996. Every. Single. Time. But it’s so predictable. That’s what gets me. It’s just, everything about SA football media reads like a script.

It’s damaging, but it’s boring. It’s predictable and it’s pathetic.

Heaps good?

#balance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back