Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will give the crows a big victory. Then we are back on the 'Crows are the most improved and have the premiership wrapped up' story again. Bloody campaigners.

Thanks to the great work done by the The_Wookie I have taken his figures and put them into a spreadsheet comparing Friday night and Saturday night TV audiences. See his 2015 TV ratings thread
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/the-2015-tv-ratings-thread.1088973/page-8

Papa G
Some basic analysis - FNF when a Perth team is involved ratings soar in Perth partly because the game starts around 6.50 not 5.50. Rating for 1 Vic team or 2 playing are very similar.

Saturday night - 2 Vic teams playing draw a bigger crowd on Free TV in Melbourne than 1 Vic and 1 non Vic or 2 non Vic teams. When the non Vic team is playing the ratings in the home state market zooms upwards.

upload_2015-5-6_17-58-51.png

and here is the comparison between the 2 SA clubs so far. Getting 3 Saturday nights so far and all on 7 nationwide has helped us have almost double the crows Free TV ratings. Which of course is good value for our sponsors on the jumper and shorts.

upload_2015-5-6_17-51-35.png

The 2 SA clubs results combined
upload_2015-5-6_17-56-8.png

And I pinched the graph The_Wookie put up in the 2015 TV ratings thread in the Footy Industry board I linked before

AdelaideFTA2008-2015R5.png

Attachments

• upload_2015-5-6_17-47-36.png
    upload_2015-5-6_17-47-36.png
    53.6 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
It will give the crows a big victory. Then we are back on the 'Crows are the most improved and have the premiership wrapped up' story again. Bloody campaigners.

That's better than you think you know.

S. Rowe: "This has huge ramifications for Gold Coast and even bigger ramifications for the Crows!"

what are the bigger ramifications for the crows? they get a percentage boost? i see it as a massive culture issue going on at GCS and may spark the beginning of players starting to think about an exit stradegy. Poor old matty primus dont bring a lot of luck with him to clubs does he.

People are talking about our lack of a big young tall forward.....sam day next year anyone?

Gold Coast is going to end up the place where you go to do your time before you get drafted by a real club. The AFL will forever be propping them up.

It's the heat :)
I fail to see how thats relevant. My dog's on heat and all she does is bleed all over my cement.

You may be onto something here, actually

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what are the bigger ramifications for the crows? they get a percentage boost? i see it as a massive culture issue going on at GCS and may spark the beginning of players starting to think about an exit stradegy. Poor old matty primus dont bring a lot of luck with him to clubs does he.

People are talking about our lack of a big young tall forward.....sam day next year anyone?
Maybe it's a long bow to draw but these problems developed under Bluey, hardly surprising given he was a product of Mick Malthouse's coaching. Mick has a history of ignoring cultural problems at clubs. It is well known how West Coast players got away with murder during his tenure with many instances of drug and alcohol abuse. Although less documented, Collingwood suffered from cultural issues under his reign-hence why Buckley broke up the 'rat-pack'.

Bluey must have let a lot of things slide and now that they have someone who isn't willing to accept any BS, these issues are beginning to surface. The GC is an embarrassment to the AFL - Karmichael Hunt had his wage subsidised by the AFL all the while trafficking cocaine, allegations of recreational drug use amongst players and now this. All the while they've only played half a decent season. Historically sporting teams on the GC have never worked long term and the AFL would've been far better investing money in an AFL heartland like Tassie

Something toxic in QLD AFL clubs. Player exoduses, cocaine, physical confrontation between players and coaches, and now a drinking problem.

It's all campaigner's fault.

As Sir Joh Bonkers Bananas used to say, my, my goodness gracious me, don't you worry about that.

The sh1ttiness of Brisbane is just the karma for the AFL creating a monster that won 3 flags in a row, via their various concessions.

Couldnt give a rat's toss-bag about them. I hope they fold.

Maybe it's a long bow to draw but these problems developed under Bluey, hardly surprising given he was a product of Mick Malthouse's coaching. Mick has a history of ignoring cultural problems at clubs. It is well known how West Coast players got away with murder during his tenure with many instances of drug and alcohol abuse. Although less documented, Collingwood suffered from cultural issues under his reign-hence why Buckley broke up the 'rat-pack'.

Bluey must have let a lot of things slide and now that they have someone who isn't willing to accept any BS, these issues are beginning to surface. The GC is an embarrassment to the AFL - Karmichael Hunt had his wage subsidised by the AFL all the while trafficking cocaine, allegations of recreational drug use amongst players and now this. All the while they've only played half a decent season. Historically sporting teams on the GC have never worked long term and the AFL would've been far better investing money in an AFL heartland like Tassie

What cultural issues did Mick ignore at West Coast? I would have thought those were in Worsfold's era as coach.

What cultural issues did Mick ignore at West Coast? I would have thought those were in Worsfold's era as coach.
Mainwaring and Cousins were into drugs mid to late 90's. Other players as well although cannot remember. But again, Worsfold was a product of Mick. The success at that club masked a lot of issues

Mainwaring and Cousins were into drugs mid to late 90's. Other players as well although cannot remember. But again, Worsfold was a product of Mick. The success at that club masked a lot of issues
Yeah fair enough, forgot about Mainwaring. I personally never heard anything about the stars in their premiership era - except Mainwaring of course - but it seemed to be more endemic 10 years later under Worsfold.

Lol. Another taxi pulls up next to me with a we fly as one advert on it. Nek minnit, a tram drives past us both, plastered with port advertising. Dwarving the prius taxi in spectacular fashion. Did lol.

Lol. Another taxi pulls up next to me with a we fly as one advert on it. Nek minnit, a tram drives past us both, plastered with port advertising. Dwarving the prius taxi in spectacular fashion. Did lol.
This is just perfect.

I've been operating under the theory that the AFL have just created two 'template clubs' for two struggling Vic clubs to merge into.

i had the same thing on the weekend a bus had a we fly as one on the back and down the side was a massive Ubet ad :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back