Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine at the end of the year, when he still hasn't signed with Adelaide, that he shows up to our best & fairest night. :D

you just need to tell him its being televised and there will be cameras there.

Aside from a spelling error, I think you've nailed it.
Out of interest, where?
Bit hrash on Hinkley not to find room for Betts
I thought this too, particularly since Hinkley really talked up Betts during the press conference. But with Carlile receiving the one vote from Hinkley, this was the only split I could make which made sense.

Always find it an interesting exercise to see who the coach rates internally. Hinkley rating Shulz BOG was somewhat surprising, while clearly Walsh saw value in Dangerfield's game (unlike this board!)

Out of interest, where?
Always find it an interesting exercise to see who the coach rates internally. Hinkley rating Shulz BOG was somewhat surprising, while clearly Walsh saw value in Dangerfield's game (unlike this board!)
I thought this too, particularly since Hinkley really talked up Betts during the press conference. But with Carlile receiving the one vote from Hinkley, this was the only split I could make which made sense.

Again, they aren't Hinkley and Walsh's votes. They're guesses by our own esteemery.

See Adelaide have recorded the impressive stats of 8 wins, 6 wins in post Showdown matches. Flawless.

How many of those wins have been against the expansion teams, or any other bottom four team that they double up against under #gillsfixture

Out of interest, where?

SHULZ

This morning they said Wines was recovering well from a broken wrist. Tonight he us recovering well from a dislocated shoulder.

Can't even report on a port players injury right.

Lol @ the fact their B&F is also named after malcolm blight and yet they still got it wrong.

#malcom
Remember that time hypno-Rhode got on Million Dollar Minute by tricking the producers into thinking he was Blight?

2RmmzLE.jpg

#justpeterthings

F@ck Stupid is a dill - "hey Bicks, how lucky are they (Port), the Eagles two bookends are out".

Oi Fatso, have you seen the list of Suns missing. He'll be running with 'Port beat a depleted Eagles' and 'Brave Crows battle courageously in away defeat' come monday

Remember that time hypno-Rhode got on Million Dollar Minute by tricking the producers into thinking he was Blight?

2RmmzLE.jpg

#justpeterthings
Don't know about hypno-Rohde but Peter Rohde was enjoying a beer pre-game in the Game Day Village.

#malcom
#mindthegap

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alright - I've done the first quarter - I'm doing effective clearances (clearances that directly advantage that team) to ineffective clearances as well, so this is taking awhile:

Clearances - Adelaide: 5 effective, 8 ineffective. Port: 4 effective, 3 ineffective.

This shows that even though the stats may show that Adelaide dominated the clearance count for this quarter (13-7), most of their clearances were ineffective, resulting in turnovers.

Inside 50 heat map:

View attachment 131356

Note: Port is always going to the goals at the top of the image.

Even at this early stage of the match, you can see a pattern forming. Adelaide's entries into the forward 50 arc are sporadic, generally to contested pack situations, which are rebounded easily by our defenders. The only time they actually ever had a shot on goal directly in front was when Dangerfield burst out of the middle and kicked a point from around 45m out.

Meanwhile, our forward 50 entries are methodical. We target both the left and right flanks, 38-48m out, as well as directly in front. By rights, we should have had one more goal from that left flank - Wingard completely shanked a kick from 42m out. In the right flank, Gray dropped an easy mark in the opening minute of the game, and Ryder had a mark spoiled before it reached him.

The inside 50 count will say Port just shaded Adelaide 12-11...but we can see who the top four team is and who the team who struggled all game is even now...

Excellent analysis showing my point re wasted i50s.

The inflation of the Crows tyres continues. Just happened to hear an interview between ambassador David Penberthey and Patrick Dangerfield discussing how dominant the Crows were on the weekend, controlling the game. Dangerfiled was happily going along with it.
Who cares about stats, for all but 15 minutes of the 2nd/3rd quarters Port had complete control of the game, in fact apart from that period (obviously they kicked first 2), I was sitting back comfortable as the game always felt like we had it where we needed to.
Let them have their delusions. The Crows will smash the Suns, Saints and Giants over the next 3 weeks, and the CROWS FOR PREMIERS campaign will be at fever pitch.

Then Fremantle will come over here and remind everybody at West Lakes that they're still light years away from challenging the big boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back