List Mgmt. List planning 2015 and onwards

mother-of-god-meme.jpg

Mate your agenda is about as subtle as your reasoning is terrible. Feel free to pop in on a week when we've had a win, too.

Here's a list of things I'm worried about right now, from most worried to least:

1) What my hamster Dave thinks of my socks
2) Schulz leaving

On his board he reckons wines is as good as gone as we have no money. He's clearly trying to get a bite.

Hope dave liked you sock.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
Bit rich to say you revived his career and are giving him a shot at a premiership. He revived his own career through hard work and without him I dare say your premiership chances are considerably slimmer. He's a giant part of Port's premiership hopes IMO. If he wanted 1.mil per season you blokes should pay him that after all he's been through. A good 2 year deal should get the job done. He's never been on big coin and trust me, there would be a club or two out there who would have no problem throwing him 500k to play full forward for his last few seasons.

Nothing to worry about though. Got no doubt he'll re-sign :D
wtf

Jun 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Barrett can't miss with this one. Throws out some nonsense, gets the tongues wagging = job done.
Schulz re-signs and its "I can report that after some protracted negotiations Jay Schulz has re-signed with Port Adelaide, but the club needed to throw in the kicker of a partnership with Darren Burgess and his academy to get the deal over the line".

elsler

Premiership Player
Mar 4, 2008
Albertron
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Roll Tide Alabama Crimson Tide
Barrett can't miss with this one. Throws out some nonsense, gets the tongues wagging = job done.
Schulz re-signs and its "I can report that after some protracted negotiations Jay Schulz has re-signed with Port Adelaide, but the club needed to throw in the kicker of a partnership with Darren Burgess and his academy to get the deal over the line".
Yep thats his reporting to a tee the bloke has NFI

So we've gone from having a $1.2m+ warchest to offer Taylor Walker, to offering Jay Schulz $100 a week and a Hungry Jacks voucher for a free small fries when a junior Whopper or equivalent is purchased on a Wednesday.

Makes sense.

Chrizzt

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It does very much make sense that we are now pushing the salary cap limit hard, but I don't think there will be any player troubles because of it.
This Barrett article very much seems like Schulz's manager (don't know who it is) is taking time trying to get a slightly better deal with Port, Barrett owes his manager a favour for leaking him some info previously, so Barrett writes this story to put a bit of pressure on Port to give him a better deal.
No way Schulz leaves Port.

wayb2912

Club Legend
Nov 30, 2009
Port Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Magpies
Could it be that we are offering Hawkins a massive contract to eventually replace Schulz and keep our window open for longer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hardcore

Team Captain
Apr 10, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Cool, he clearly doesn't have much respect on here after the Wines rumour, but he's not too bad. His reporting on the Essendon saga has been top notch.

honestly mate if you are going to make comments like Barrett is not that bad you can go back to the crows board where they will believe that crap

Mar 7, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
my favorite was "out of contract wines in talks with Carlton"

12 hours later

Wines extends his contract with Port.

Not to mention when Jenkins had his purple patch last year. "Adelaide is going to have trouble keeping their forwards and Victorian Clubs are looking to sign Jenkins"..... That very week Jenkins signs. Then Walker signs. And there was no trouble signing any forwards.

ZingerB

Club Legend
Sep 7, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Do we even have a problem with salary cap space? It was only 2-3 years ago that we were struggling to make the min salary cap and under the new rules you can over spend to make up for it. Even though Cornes is a Veteran, he would be on serious coin and you would think his money alone would get the job done for Schulz. Agreed that it sounds more like a contract length issue.

Oct 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Could it be that we are offering Hawkins a massive contract to eventually replace Schulz and keep our window open for longer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FWIW my sauce says you are keeping a close eye on dangerfield situation (attacking the crow empire, has a business in adelaide alread), might explain the peanuts offer to schulz

Coxy_

Sexy Coxy
Aug 23, 2011
Williamstown
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Coach
Ok Carlton are in rebuild mode for about the 20th year running have no defence, no midfield but see an ageing forward who is a one season at a time proposition as a priority? Lol Carlton.

Who said anything about Carlton? You'd be kidding yourself if you think there's not a club out there who wouldn't pay Schulz good money. He's a loyal guy but I don't think he'd be happy with a 1 year extension. And considering half of this board said he was finished no more than a month ago, he's well within his rights to ask for the security of a 2-3 year deal on decent coin.

FWIW my sauce says you are keeping a close eye on dangerfield situation (attacking the crow empire, has a business in adelaide alread), might explain the peanuts offer to schulz

Wouldn't the whole competition be keeping a close eye on the Dangerfield situation? He's the biggest piece in the free agency puzzle this year.

Not to mention when Jenkins had his purple patch last year. "Adelaide is going to have trouble keeping their forwards and Victorian Clubs are looking to sign Jenkins"..... That very week Jenkins signs.

Condolences.

Porked04

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 3, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Not to mention when Jenkins had his purple patch last year. "Adelaide is going to have trouble keeping their forwards and Victorian Clubs are looking to sign Jenkins"..... That very week Jenkins signs. Then Walker signs. And there was no trouble signing any forwards.
I'm confused, did he get the Victorian clubs are interested in Jenkins part wrong or the fact that he signed that very week.

Looks like two strikes in the one scoop Barra

Back