Dank: "I Aren't Guilty" & "I won't speak to WADA"

Remove this Banner Ad

Akka76

All Australian
Suspended
Dec 2, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
http://www.ntnews.com.au/sport/afl/...with-wada-appeal/story-fnsjoosu-1227357895624
Sports scientist believes Essendon has nothing to worry about with WADA appeal
GREY MORRIS •
NT News •
May 16, 20152:55PM

SPORTS scientist Stephen Dank insists the Essendon players and himself have nothing to fear from a World Anti-Doping Agency appeal against a not-guilty verdict into the AFL club’s 2012 supplements program.

Dank will be in the Northern Territory this week as part of Mark “Jacko’’ Jackson and Collingwood star Peter Daicos’ controversial and funny Wild Men Of Football sports show.

But Dank, speaking exclusively to the NT News after being singled out as the person at the centre of the saga that has dominated the football media for more than two years, said the finger pointing at him was no joke.

“I certainly aren’t (guilty), so that leaves me out of the equation doesn’t it,’’ he said. “I managed the program, so obviously there’s a fair amount of responsibility on my shoulders regarding the management program.

“But the reality is I’ve done nothing wrong and the players have done nothing wrong, so eventually of course, we’ll win this and it will be put to sleep forever.’’

The Essendon players were found not guilty — by the AFL’s anti-doping tribunal — on March 31, a decision the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Agency did not appeal despite handing 34 past and present players with show cause notices.

But the world body went in the opposite direction last Tuesday, confirming they will appeal the AFL’s decision by way of the Court of Arbitration.

Dank told the NT News yesterday there were “various’’ substances given to the Essendon players, but all of them were within the realms of the WADA code.

Asked if he would be appearing at any appeal hearings, Dank’s reply was an emphatic no.

“No. They can work it out for themselves mate. I’m busy with my own work and my own battles.’’

Last edited:
http://www.ntnews.com.au/sport/afl/...with-wada-appeal/story-fnsjoosu-1227357895624
GREY MORRIS •
NT News •

SPORTS scientist Stephen Dank insists the Essendon players and himself have nothing to fear from a World Anti-Doping Agency appeal against a not-guilty verdict into the AFL club’s 2012 supplements program.

Dank will be in the Northern Territory this week as part of Mark “Jacko’’ Jackson and Collingwood star Peter Daicos’ controversial and funny Wild Men Of Football sports show.

But Dank, speaking exclusively to the NT News after being singled out as the person at the centre of the saga that has dominated the football media for more than two years, said the finger pointing at him was no joke.

“I certainly aren’t (guilty), so that leaves me out of the equation doesn’t it,’’ he said. “I managed the program, so obviously there’s a fair amount of responsibility on my shoulders regarding the management program.

“But the reality is I’ve done nothing wrong and the players have done nothing wrong, so eventually of course, we’ll win this and it will be put to sleep forever.’’

The Essendon players were found not guilty — by the AFL’s anti-doping tribunal — on March 31, a decision the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Agency did not appeal despite handing 34 past and present players with show cause notices.

But the world body went in the opposite direction last Tuesday, confirming they will appeal the AFL’s decision by way of the Court of Arbitration.

Dank told the NT News yesterday there were “various’’ substances given to the Essendon players, but all of them were within the realms of the WADA code.

Asked if he would be appearing at any appeal hearings, Dank’s reply was an emphatic no.

“No. They can work it out for themselves mate. I’m busy with my own work and my own battles.’’
Fair and reasonable account.
Always positive and clear about his involvement.

So, to sum things up, he says he did nothing wrong, refuses to offer any evidence to show he did nothing wrong and refuses to cooperate with the authorities who are trying to find out what really happened. Seems legit.

Meanwhile, the players did nothing wrong but he's still not going to cooperate with the authorities to help clear them. Hmmmm. Top bloke.

Just an observation but an innocent person would have every incentive to cooperate to get himself out of a bad situation. Refusing to explain what happened and then sitting back and saying I did nothing wrong, just trust me doesn't fill me with confidence.

Its been asked before and I'll throw it back in to the mix, if he's the one who knows everything and he says he is the one, why haven't EFC and the players done all within the power to get him to explain what went really happened? They have everything to gain and nothing to lose, unless somebody is afraid of what he actually knows.

Hint to everybody here, do not have any dealings with this bloke. Ever. I offer the situation of 34 past and present Essendon players as evidence that he is not somebody you want to have any involvement with.

GREY MORRIS •
NT News •

“I certainly aren’t (guilty), " 1126.gif

Journos should just delete this asswipe from their contacts list. He offers nothing - he won't say what specifically was given to the players, only that it was nothing outside the WADA Code. He is a complete and utter irrelevancy for all involved in this investigation.

x2 he's a complete waste of space, tries to tease but has never offered anything substantial. I agree with the above.

So, to sum things up, he says he did nothing wrong, refuses to offer any evidence to show he did nothing wrong and refuses to cooperate with the authorities who are trying to find out what really happened. Seems legit.

Meanwhile, the players did nothing wrong but he's still not going to cooperate with the authorities to help clear them. Hmmmm. Top bloke.

Just an observation but an innocent person would have every incentive to cooperate to get himself out of a bad situation. Refusing to explain what happened and then sitting back and saying I did nothing wrong, just trust me doesn't fill me with confidence.

Its been asked before and I'll throw it back in to the mix, if he's the one who knows everything and he says he is the one, why haven't EFC and the players done all within the power to get him to explain what went really happened? They have everything to gain and nothing to lose, unless somebody is afraid of what he actually knows.

Hint to everybody here, do not have any dealings with this bloke. Ever. I offer the situation of 34 past and present Essendon players as evidence that he is not somebody you want to have any involvement with.
Dank reminds me of the tom cruise character in the firm , wont get chased by the mafia because if he is the information he has will get released. Efc wont chase dank in fear of what he has ,despite saying he has nothing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's an opportunity for him to face his detractors and clear his name, once and for all.... Its a no brainer o_O
He has clearly stated a 1,000 times.
Everything that was introduced at the club was accounted for.
And those account's were left in the charge of the EFC.

Dank's free not to cooperate with WADA. There's still about 10 countries on Earth where he can apply for sports quack jobs.

Dank reminds me of the tom cruise character in the firm , wont get chased by the mafia because if he is the information he has will get released. Efc wont chase dank in fear of what he has ,despite saying he has nothing

Well, to be absolutely honest, it isn't evidence that the players have something to hide but it sure doesn't look good.

Dank, however, has actually painted himself as the villain here. He has stated that he knows everything about the program and has all the information but won't help the authorities find out that the players are innocent....those are his own words not mine. He won't speak to ASADA or WADA. He has refused to provide any evidence to the authorities from day one and that is not the mark of an innocent person wronged, its the actions of somebody with a lot to lose if the facts come out.

Now, consider going to him for any anti-aging treatment. If something goes wrong, he will abandon you to your fate. Would you still want to deal with this person? Maybe if you were completely stupid. If I was a player, i'd be wanting this creep's head on a plate

Remove this Banner Ad

Back