Whatever happened to "In Ken we trust"?

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a phrase I haven't seen too often on this forum lately (which concerns me a little), so I thought I'd ask the question: do Port fans still trust the direction Kenny is taking the club in? Nobody likes losing, but I reckon some of the negativity lately has been over the top.

For mine, I still believe we Port fans owe Kenny an enormous debt of gratitude for what he's done for our club since he first arrived at Alberton. Would we be where we are today without him? I sincerely doubt it.

Ken has committed his heart and soul to Port Adelaide until at least the end of 2018, which I believe is a massive coup for our club. It hasn't been all plain sailing in recent times, but I firmly believe the right man is steering the ship, and sooner or later, the seed sown will reap a harvest of sustained success.

It's a phrase I haven't seen too often on this forum lately (which concerns me a little), so I thought I'd ask the question: do Port fans still trust the direction Kenny is taking the club in? Nobody likes losing, but I reckon some of the negativity lately has been over the top.

For mine, I still believe we Port fans owe Kenny an enormous debt of gratitude for what he's done for our club since he first arrived at Alberton. Would we be where we are today without him? I sincerely doubt it.

Ken has committed his heart and soul to Port Adelaide until at least the end of 2018, which I believe is a massive coup for our club. It hasn't been all plain sailing in recent times, but I firmly believe the right man is steering the ship, and sooner or later, the seed sown will reap a harvest of sustained success.
We couldn't keep the trajectory going. There was always going to be a dip, I trust him to get us back on target, that may take a while but he is still the right man for the job.

Structural issues are opening up all over the place and seemingly the coach from the outside isn't addressing them. Hence some discontent. Hopefully his trust in the group, gameplan and balance of the team is justified and we turn it around.

I still trust Ken.

I just have question marks over Voss's midfield tactics as we continually get smashed there.
Also if Tyson Edwards is in charge of our forward structure we are definately seeing a mixed bag of results as sometimes our forward line is unbelievable and sometimes it's nonexistent.

I can say though our defense has been great.

9 from 21 happened.
Not picking on you, but this is such a garbage stat.

According to this sort of analysis, Richmond are 12-5 from their last 17 and a competition powerhouse. Richmond are ok, but they aren't that good and we aren't that bad.

I still trust Ken.

I just have question marks over Voss's midfield tactics as we continually get smashed there.
Also if Tyson Edwards is in charge of our forward structure we are definately seeing a mixed bag of results as sometimes our forward line is unbelievable and sometimes it's nonexistent.

I can say though our defense has been great.

I agree Edwards needs to come under the microscope. Does anyone else remember someone posting here a couple of years ago something about Pavlich joining our coaching panel post retirement? Or did I dream that?

I trust Ken. I think he knows exactly what is wrong tactically.

But if the players don't trust him, it doesn't matter what I think. So maybe the problem is that it isn't "In Ken They Trust" anymore. Maybe they believed in the bullshit of Welch a little too much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lu9iu.jpg

Does anyone else remember someone posting here a couple of years ago something about Pavlich joining our coaching panel post retirement? Or did I dream that?

Did a search, From elpirate in the Walsh to crows thread.
"Apparent pavlich is playing on 1 more year at freo then wants to come to port as a line coach of some sort. Loves what is going on at Alberton. Source is a freo trainer."

9 from 21 happened.

Pretty glaring statistic isn't it. We're less than 50% in what equates to almost a full season of footy, culminating in a loss to a shambolic Brisbane.

Any 'negativity' or blowback isn't exactly kneejerk.

It still very much is "in Ken we trust"

We're 3-4 and we've blamed Voss, the departure of Walsh, fitness, hunger and injury ahead of Hinkley.

9-12

That Kane Mitchell setshot blew a hole in the Port-Time Continuum.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back