TV Series You're Watching

Remove this Banner Ad

2 new seasons of Red Dwarf. The new episodes haven't been as good as the classics but still pretty good.

Just watched the first episode of Star Wars: Rebels. It's pretty bloody wonderful to be honest.

Has a real "original trilogy" feel to it. If you're like me and have no interest in the prequel trilogy or the Clone War era stuff, this is really worth a look.

Lots of smugglers, lightsabers, tie fighters, star destroyers and (at least so far) no midichlorians or parliamentary taxation disputes.

Finally got around to watching the first ep of this today. Totally get that original trilogy feel as well. Just looks and seems right. Sounds seem to be spot on as well.

Sense8 on Netflix. First 2 episodes were very good

Tossing up between that and Orphan Black, nothing really doing it for me at the moment.

Netflix is like buying a new tshirt then ripping it the first time you wear it.

Tossing up between that and Orphan Black, nothing really doing it for me at the moment.

I couldn't get into Orphan Black after a brilliant first episode.

New season of True Detective starts later this month. Hopefully it's nearly as good as the first.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I couldn't get into Orphan Black after a brilliant first episode.

New season of True Detective starts later this month. Hopefully it's nearly as good as the first.

Not expecting much of it, the cast and location matched so perfectly in the first season it will be hard to even come close.

I might rewind it eventually, but...
Did Jon Snow go really pale but then regain colour in his face?

Kit Harrington has said he isn't returning to the show. Hopefully that's a bit of a fib.

Some theories = (i) becomes white walker; (ii) revived by the lord of light; (iii) he is a Targaryen and that when they burn his body (so that he doesn't become a whitewalker) he'll be revived so to speak.

Finished it this week.

It's pretty good, and the concept is certainly interesting. But there are times when it takes itself quite seriously that get a bit frustrating, particularly the long montages that often come at the end of an episode.

I'd say it's good watching if you're doing something else, like cleaning or eating or posting on bigfooty.

In other Netflix news, season 3 of Orange Is the New Black is a touch disappointing. The underlying sense of tension and danger seems to have gone.

I also watched the first episode of 'Between'. Awful.

For other Netflix watchers who haven't yet done so, make sure you watch the UK version of House of Cards. It holds up very well.

Last edited:
Finished it this week.

It's pretty good, and the concept is certainly interesting. But there are times when it takes itself quite seriously that get a bit frustrating, particularly the long montages that often come at the end of an episode.

I'd say it's good watching if you're doing something else, like cleaning or eating or posting on bigfooty.

In other Netflix news, season 3 of Orange Is the New Black is a touch disappointing. The underlying sense of tension and danger seems to have gone.

I also watched the first episode of 'Between'. Awful.

For other Netflix watchers who haven't yet done so, make sure you watch the UK version of House of Cards. It holds up very well.

Yeah I don't think it lived up to its potential. A bit gimmicky.

Also on Channel 4 in the UK a new TV show called Humans began last Monday. The story looks promising. Has started off a bit slowly though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back