Essendon nominate an Essendon supporting judge for CAS panel

Remove this Banner Ad

Good for you. I'll be just as scornful of anyone from "my side" about that kind of thing as I was about the multitudes here who cried conspiracy about the tribunal
The tribunal was not a conspiracy it was just loaded to hopefully achieve the preferred outcome. Is it that big a leap Lance to believe the panel the AFL hand picked had leanings towards their preferred outcome?
Does not mean the judges were corrupted just that it was selected to make sure the burden of proof was raised to a level that would achieve the desired result.

In their ruling judgement that became painfully obvious to even a layman .... You can jump up and down about WADAs decision to come OTT but in all seriousness when it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck and an AFL hand picked body decides its an Elephant ... well then .... when that decision drives a truck sized loophole for cheats in the WADA code what else do you expect?

AFL have been the big boys in their fish bowl for too long. They have moved to the big league where they are just a guppy but still have the big boy mentality .... how funny ... it's like a little lap dog trying to be a big hero barking and at and taunting a pit bull.

EFC and AFL have played this with ever decreasing margins ... they have now painted themselves in a corner and I like a myriad of other AFL supporters who are sick of the AFL commission and its duplicity am getting the popcorn ready.

The tribunal was not a conspiracy it was just loaded to hopefully achieve the preferred outcome. Is it that big a leap Lance to believe the panel the AFL hand picked had leanings towards their preferred outcome?
Does not mean the judges were corrupted just that it was selected to make sure the burden of proof was raised to a level that would achieve the desired result.

In their ruling judgement that became painfully obvious to even a layman .... You can jump up and down about WADAs decision to come OTT but in all seriousness when it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck and an AFL hand picked body decides its an Elephant ... well then .... when that decision drives a truck sized loophole for cheats in the WADA code what else do you expect?

AFL have been the big boys in their fish bowl for too long. They have moved to the big league where they are just a guppy but still have the big boy mentality .... how funny ... it's like a little lap dog trying to be a big hero barking and at and taunting a pit bull.

EFC and AFL have played this with ever decreasing margins ... they have now painted themselves in a corner and I like a myriad of other AFL supporters who are sick of the AFL commission and its duplicity am getting the popcorn ready.
It wasn't a conspiracy it was just a conspiracy.

It wasn't a conspiracy it was just a conspiracy.
Why would WADA bother coming OTT if they at the very least did not suspect a "home town advantage" decision?

Why is the case now set for Switzerland and not Sydney?

You can scream ooga booga conspiracy theory all you like but the actions of WADA to keep this out of the reach of the AFL seem to be bitch slapping the AFL pretty hard wouldn't you say?

Looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, could be a fake duck with a bearded religious fanatic hiding in the reeds making the noises though, so not sure enough it is a real duck to ruin 34 potential victims lives in coming to a judgement that it is.

Why would WADA bother coming OTT if they at the very least did not suspect a "home town advantage" decision?

Why is the case now set for Switzerland and not Sydney?

You can scream ooga booga conspiracy theory all you like but the actions of WADA to keep this out of the reach of the AFL seem to be bitch slapping the AFL pretty hard wouldn't you say?
It won't be set in Switzerland.

The tribunal was not a conspiracy it was just loaded to hopefully achieve the preferred outcome.

Yep I view the AFL's choice of panel like jury selection in the U.S. - it doesn't bother me in the slightest. Having said that, the differing method of choosing the composition of the panel at CAS alone in my view means there's at least a reasonable chance the result will be different.

This thread is just the HTB in a nutshell.

You battlers do know it's not actually even true, yes?

It's a simple bet hedging exercise by the likes of anti-AFL cheerleader Masters (once again) to set up the "fix is in" line that they'll trot out (once again) when the players are found innocent (once again).

You WADA cultists should probably get on with your own hedges actually.
The players haven't been found innocent once, let alone twice. Doubt they will ever be. But that is typical EFC HTB Hird cultist talk.

This thread is just the HTB in a nutshell.

You battlers do know it's not actually even true, yes?

It's a simple bet hedging exercise by the likes of anti-AFL cheerleader Masters (once again) to set up the "fix is in" line that they'll trot out (once again) when the players are found innocent (once again).

You WADA cultists should probably get on with your own hedges actually.

Dude, given the amount of sneering "Ooh, WADA ooga booga ... they're COMING OVER THE TOP!" stuff you did, I'm not sure you should be calling others cultists.

You're correct about Masters and his role - and his hit rate - but still ... we are very much in the Land Of Ooga Boga now, where WADA have come over the top.

Possible is anything.

that is all entirely predicated on the assumption that Roy Masters quoting an unnamed "legal source" is legit. The guy who has campaigned tirelessly against the AFL all his life and more so the last two years. And he can't come up with more than an unnamed "legal source".

Yeah, I wouldn't be putting too much store on that personally..

Yes, this is all very true. I suppose my wider point is that Essendon's approach - and more accurately changes in approach, which have swung wildly back and forth, in an almost Orwellian fashion of one minute firmly believing one thing to then being utterly convinced of the other - have placed them in a "boy who cried wolf" situation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, could be a fake duck with a bearded religious fanatic hiding in the reeds making the noises though, so not sure enough it is a real duck to ruin 34 potential victims lives in coming to a judgement that it is.

You guys could have just got Dank to share what he knows, one way or the other then it all be over quick, but we all know why that will not ever happen.

So you won't mind if he's rejected.
I won't know how to go on living if he's rejected Argy. You know, given that Roy Masters reports unnamed "legal sources" have claimed he's been "suggested" by Essendon. I mean, how can I deal with the fact that a most likely completely fictional scenario never eventuated?

This is still being discussed?

He is eligible, all they have to do is apply to have him added to the CAS list. As it says in the article (did you even read it?), he can easily be added to the list of CAS arbiters.

I'm not sure it's so simple to add to the CAS list

CFcje6hUsAA5QJF.png

Seriously if I was a parent and I saw my kid posting on the HTB i'd be so pissed off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back