Hawthorn membership tally 2015 - 70,000 plus loose change!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

The kid getting the box from Hodgey is either star-struck or fearful Luke was going to throw an elbow at him.....
Wouldn't he only be star-struck after Luke throws an elbow at him...?

too soon...

Wouldn't he only be star-struck after Luke throws an elbow at him...?

too soon...

FFS, Luke would never hit a child- couldn't cope with all the crying after. That's why he specifically went to Swall... oh. Nevermind.

Collingwood have 73,103
Game day memberships would be a much better measurement we would have collingwood comfortably beaten there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Membership update 71,159 up by 4,221, last two days have been good with 490 signed up :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

so far 1124 have signed with 12 days to go before the end of the month, compared to last years May total of 1226.

We should crack the 72K mark.

Collingwood is on 73,198 , Richmond 68,446

Last edited:
Well that's all good, but (apologies if already mentioned) where were they on Saturday against Melbourne. Obviously Melbourne doesn't draw a big crowd but given the weather and Saturday afternoon time slot there should have been at least 50k+. That was disappointing. We must be a fickle bunch of supporters who only want to see matches against the bigger clubs.

Well that's all good, but (apologies if already mentioned) where were they on Saturday against Melbourne. Obviously Melbourne doesn't draw a big crowd but given the weather and Saturday afternoon time slot there should have been at least 50k+. That was disappointing. We must be a fickle bunch of supporters who only want to see matches against the bigger clubs.

42,198 is a pretty good crowd against the Demons to be fair (we haven't drawn more than that against the Dees since 2011)

MCC are expecting 65,000+ on Saturday (our last home game against the Swans drew 72,724) and those sort of numbers (against the Swans) have only been equalled by the Waverley farewell (V Hawthorn 72,130), a random game against Essendon in 1996 (69,237) and infamous Goodsey campaigner game against Collingwood in 2013 (65,306)

Joe, when you say 'fickle bunch of supporters' you should probably leave out 1 word

Goldhawk or someone might be able to give you a breakdown of where our members live.
eg : I live in Perth & buy 8 Gold Interstate memberships every year. Im not sure exactly what that costs me (well over $1000 )
We get 1 game, unless we do the occasional trip to Melb or Tas.

Thats how i support the club i've been a member of for 40yrs

Don't call me 'fickle'

& there'd be plenty others who are in the same/similar situation as me

Like everyone else I pay my membership, and have only attended the first round, tomorrow night will be my second game for the year.
Two years ago I did not miss game went to every interstate match but with my son growing up and being involved in sports junior Footy and plays basketball for two teams I have found it I bit hard to get to most games this season and try and watch every game on TV if I can't get there, and I am sure there are lots of other scenarios like this for one reason or another.

Either that, or they have jobs, families, commitments, and other things that require doing.

They pay their money, they can do whatever the * they like as far as I'm concerned.

Either that, or they have jobs, families, commitments, and other things that require doing.

They pay their money, they can do whatever the **** they like as far as I'm concerned.

Agree, mate. Of the 70,000+ members, close to 10,000 would be in Tassie, and I reckon we'd have close to 20,000 in other states. That leaves around 40,000 in Victoria, and not all of those would be in Melbourne. Of those who are in Melbourne, some people may have other commitments on some weekends. There are a myriad of reasons why people can't make it to games, and it's downright arrogant and rude of those who are lucky enough to be able to attend all Melbourne games to chastise those who can't.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back