Past Cameron Wood

Remove this Banner Ad

Wood has been instrumental in all the NB wins, so far this year.
I've really warmed to the guy and the endevaour he's putting in at that level.

It's not the wins that count as it is for our young mids to get some ball coming their way and learning what to do around the contest.
He's already strung together better games than Hampson did at any time he spent in the reserves side.

Considering we ended up with Docherty for the deal, I think we did very, very well.

Keep going Cameron. :thumbsu:

The decision to recruit Cam raised many eyebrows at the time, but it's very tough to argue against the logic behind the decision.

Cam was brought in for two main reasons:

1) To provide emergency cover should both Kreuzer and Warnock be unavailable for selection; and
2) To give our young midfielders at VFL level every opportunity to get first hands on the football.

On the above alone you'd have to say this has been a terrific decision by the club.

From all reports, Cam has been outstanding thus far at VFL level. In his first three games for the Northern Blues he has been adjudged BOG twice and 2nd BOG in the other game.

He's averaging 39 hitouts per game and is having no problems getting his hands on the ball in general play.

Cam may never play a senior game for the club but that won't determine the success of his recruitment. He's here primarily to assist the development of some of the younger players coming through the ranks and he appears to be doing that brilliantly.

Well done Cam. Keep it up. :thumbsu:

27. Cameron Wood: Superlatives have almost run dry for the Carlton rookie. 73 hitouts to go with 19 possesions and seven clearances rubber-stamped his credentials as the form ruckman in the competition to date.

Pretty much says it all.
Wood has not only been the best ruck-man by far in all of the games this year to date, but he's also been one of our better mids.
Collects a lot of ball from centre clearances and manages to get boot to ball. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

me thinks Cam still our 2nd best ruck ,but he not the future of our club . best to give game time to younger players and for Cam to be more of a teacher to them ..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back