Review AFL Round 8-Geelong defeats Carlton by 77 points

Moggy

Premiership Player
Sep 7, 2012
Oslo
AFL Club
Geelong
We were saying that it was time for some players to stand up tonight.
Well, Wayne Carey on Channel 7 just gave places 1-2-3 to Caddy, Murdoch and Blicavs.

There's a lot to like about that!

Guthrie also improved, while Stanley and Stokes impressed me, as well.

Rivers all class, again.

Liger

Club Legend
Jul 1, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Out: Motlop
In: Menzel

2r29d09.jpg

I am a realist, Carlton are the worst team in the afl, not far off witches hats, so you cant take a lot out of the result. And we have a tough month to come and need to win at least 2 of the next 4 if we are realistically to make the 8.

The positive for me however was that Caddy, Blicavs, Guthrie and Stanley, all four in the middle are the ones who need to stand up and improve over the next couple of months we are to win enough games to make the 8 without Duncan out there. And they, along with Rivers and Murdoch, were our best players tonight.

Mar 6, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
We were saying that it was time for some players to stand up tonight.
Well, Wayne Carey on Channel 7 just gave places 1-2-3 to Caddy, Murdoch and Blicavs.

There's a lot to like about that!

Guthrie also improved, while Stanley and Stokes impressed me, as well.

Rivers all class, again.
Great to see a much-maligned Murdoch get recognised for his great game tonight.

Positives: we won.

Negatives: spoilt and downright embarrassing supporters. I read the game day thread from hospital and was utterly appalled.

Go follow another club you pack of entitled morons.

Aug 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Good to finally get a nice percentage boost and a solid, comprehensive win over Carlton, as opposed to the tight, controversial games we've had in the recent past against them.

Carlton are just a putrid side, though, and the game was pretty ordinary. Geelong were clearly much better than Carlton, but the Cats made some pretty stupid errors as well and would have been made to pay against better opposition.

Good to see Murdoch, Caddy, and Guthrie step up and have solid games, especially given Duncan's absence and Selwood being tagged out of the game. Waiting for them to do it against a better team, though.

Hopefully this is Mick's last game. We retired him at Collingwood; would be fitting for us to retire him here. He should have never come back.

Last edited:
Back