Review AFL Round 8-Geelong defeats Carlton by 77 points

Remove this Banner Ad

I am a realist, Carlton are the worst team in the afl, not far off witches hats, so you cant take a lot out of the result. And we have a tough month to come and need to win at least 2 of the next 4 if we are realistically to make the 8.

The positive for me however was that Caddy, Blicavs, Guthrie and Stanley, all four in the middle are the ones who need to stand up and improve over the next couple of months we are to win enough games to make the 8 without Duncan out there. And they, along with Rivers and Murdoch, were our best players tonight.
Where were you PO? From where I was sitting you're not wrong, that 2nd half was the most bruise free footy I've seen us play in quite some time. The absolute lack of pressure and work rate from Carlton was abysmal for an afl side. Rivers is having a ripping season so far. Dominant force in the air.

What can you take from a game where the opposition is so bad?

1. No injuries. Tick
2. Win handsomely. Tick
3. Run some out of form players into form. Tick, tick, tick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't want to sound like Biggy (especially after a big win) but a coaching error IMO was subbing Lang off and leaving Motlop on.
Simpson was tearing Lang up. Motlop was effectively being tagged. But who cares anyway, the game was over and Lang was due for a rest. He hasn't had one since the season started.

Love the Carlton supporters screaming at Trigg while he gets interviews.
Waiting for the "sack to board" banners to come out. They need to.

Did they think he was Milburn? ;)

You would take Gibbs and Murphy when they are playing well and Henderson and that is about it. Basically the majority of their list wouldn't get a game in any decent side.

Im being frivolous of course , there would be ten player easily that ..individually you could put in the Swans or Hawks side and they would look good. Would I have Menzel... Of course of Course. and most players are looking really poor...but the teams is looking totally shot.
Unfortunately for them , they would be better if their top 5-8 players were coming OOC as FA , they would be a far better. But I think guys like Gibbs are contracted for years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back