Autopsy Rd 8 Carlton v Geelong Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching Yarran get angrier every week is like watching someone rev the f**k out of a Ferrari with the handbrake on.
Currently the only player who guarantees good disposal. He gets it I breathe out. He'll actually hit a chest with the pass. But he's one of a handful who put in and the rest look like they're wading through treacle.
Yarran puts in?

Can somebody, anybody, please explain to me the decision making process in putting Warnock into tHe side in place of Carrazzo?? Seriously. WTF? How does this happen ... Where is the logic?

No idea Levi looked lost tonight, he was rucking in NB's wasn't he?

Basically 3 rucks of which only two rucked, weird

For a long time I've been telling people to send back their memberships and stop going to games.

Now I feel like this club needs a hug.

It's painful.

Can anyone explain to me why we let the best small forward in the game (Betts) go bring in a bloke for 200,000 more and is a way worse forward (Daisy)

This decision has been a shocker!!!!!

Also been saying it all year why does Mick keep wasting Yarran in backlines get him on a wing ffs

People need to understand that the Thomas and Betts thing had nothing to do with each other, if they wanted to keep Betts they would have. Betts wanted to go anyway

Liked the move to put Menzel in the back half and make him really work for his possessions for the night. Still kicked 4 so was a good result in the end

Jamo and Hendo back in (whenever that is) will help straighten us up through the spine. White was clearly a desperate option in regards to matching up on Hawkins so Jamo taking the first forward will allow Whitey to play his natural game. Though I'm still not sure why Rowe didn't move on to him permanently at any stage over the night.

My argument as to why we should keep Casboult in the side has been his importance to our structure in regards to our options with the long kick down the wing and then inside 50. But he didn't even do that tonight, or at least not that well so I don't know if he still should keep his place in the team.

Thought Jones played reasonably well tonight despite not kicking any goals. Presented well at the contests and his work rate once the ball came to ground was very good.

Simmo was his usual self picking off opposition kicks all night and taking some brilliant marks back with the flight.

In regards to our ball movement, sometimes we overuse it by handballing 3-4 too many times and then either taking it out of play or turning it over. Obviously our ability to hit kicks is an issue especially since our best users aren't hitting targets they normally would in their sleep. Another worrying sign is our tackling, 35 tackles for an entire game is just dismal. If we set ourselves a benchmark to double that next week we'll look much better and our ability to cause turnovers will be greatly improved which will ramp up the pressure on Sydney.

Forward structure also needs a lot of work.

Can somebody, anybody, please explain to me the decision making process in putting Warnock into tHe side in place of Carrazzo?? Seriously. WTF? How does this happen ... Where is the logic?
Since when do we think logically?? Stop being silly... :rolleyes:

For a long time I've been telling people to send back their memberships and stop going to games.

Now I feel like this club needs a hug.

It's painful.

Haven't been the past two weeks. Just cannot think of anything worse than going to the footy to watch this footy club at the moment.

No idea Levi looked lost tonight, he was rucking in NB's wasn't he?

Basically 3 rucks of which only two rucked, weird

And we wonder why we have a low tackle count when we have jones, Levi, Warnock and wood in the same side. (And a bunch of other pea hearts)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

White played as a midfield tagger in round one, gets injured and comes back to play on Hawkins who is a power forward.

We are going to struggle when that sort of thing happens.

LOL at the bottom of the Fox Footy screen.

Blues have horror run to come with Sydney, Adelaide & Port Adelaide plus the bye.

They've actually included the bye as part of our horror run. :D

only poor supporters do that and i bet you would be the first one to jump on when the club is having success

I've been a member since 1994. Will never stop buying a membership of some description but there is no way i'm going to the game when you just know we're going to get smashed.

Murphy 1 tackle- way to lead by example skipper

Think he was finding space and getting to the ball first a lot tonight, not chasing tail as such. Thought he was decent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back