Fighting Cancer!

Remove this Banner Ad

All the best to you Tiger G!
Such a horrible prick of a thing. My Dad has been fighting it for a few years now, but only recently needed to have some aggressive chemo treatment. Not entirely sure on his prognosis, simply because he doesn't like talking about it. I try and get information out of him, he says a few things, downplays it then changes the subject. Still happy, laughing, drinking, planning holidays and remaining positive though.

If that wasn't enough, Dad's best mate has also been diagnosed and is currently going through really aggressive treatment, not looking too good for him unfortunately. I suppose they have each other to bounce off but it's really cruel.

A workmate of mine is going through tonsil cancer at the moment and recently finished 5 weeks of chemo, every day, morning and night. Can't even imagine what he was going through. Kept popping into work but looked terrible. His latest checkup was that the tumour in his neck had shrunk almost to nothing, but that it was still there. So at the moment I believe he's tossing up whether to just leave it there, or go for the surgery option which apparently has some major risk behind it as it is in such a difficult area.

I'm going to watch cats acting like humans on youtube now before I get too depressed!!! All the best Tiger G.

Hope your dad is going to be ok, the fact he is laughing, drinking, holidays etc is a good thing in some way, stress is not good. Best wishes mate to your friends too.

Hi everyone just update on my fight with Mr C! Have been doing well for a while just adjusting to the surgery that I had, scans had been coming goof for a while but the last scan showed up something they are not sure what it is unsure if its fat necrosis or early stages of cancer returning cant do much but monitor it fingers crossed

Hi everyone just update on my fight with Mr C! Have been doing well for a while just adjusting to the surgery that I had, scans had been coming goof for a while but the last scan showed up something they are not sure what it is unsure if its fat necrosis or early stages of cancer returning cant do much but monitor it fingers crossed
How are ya mate? Really hoping for the best for ya! :thumbsu:

Keep fighting mate and most importantly stay positive.

I have been battling a rare form of Neurofibrosarcoma, (basically nerve cancer), for the past 9 years.

I have been in Stage 3 on 3 occasions and have been told to organise my affairs and say goodbye by various doctors over this time. I am now, again, in remission and feeling pretty good, but forced into an early retirement. I'm 49.

I'm losing count, but I am pretty sure that I have had 22 surgical procedures, I have had doctors wanting to amputate a limb which thankfully didn't happen, along with Chemo, radio and some stem-cell experimental stuff in Japan. ( I am basically a guinea pig for Oncologists :D).

It's pretty shitty at times and I have at times wished for it to be over permanently but, like you, I have a family to live for and I am a stubborn bastard.

No-one really knows what it's like apart from a fellow sufferer/survivor, so my very best wishes go out to you and yours.

Stay strong :)

Keep fighting mate and most importantly stay positive.

I have been battling a rare form of Neurofibrosarcoma, (basically nerve cancer), for the past 9 years.

I have been in Stage 3 on 3 occasions and have been told to organise my affairs and say goodbye by various doctors over this time. I am now, again, in remission and feeling pretty good, but forced into an early retirement. I'm 49.

I'm losing count, but I am pretty sure that I have had 22 surgical procedures, I have had doctors wanting to amputate a limb which thankfully didn't happen, along with Chemo, radio and some stem-cell experimental stuff in Japan. ( I am basically a guinea pig for Oncologists :D).

It's pretty shitty at times and I have at times wished for it to be over permanently but, like you, I have a family to live for and I am a stubborn bastard.

No-one really knows what it's like apart from a fellow sufferer/survivor, so my very best wishes go out to you and yours.

Stay strong :)
Thanks mate you are a true fighter! Not going guve advice because you know what you're doing! All the best wishes to you. After they suggested to amputate you limb maybe you should change your username. :D

Thanks mate you are a true fighter! Not going guve advice because you know what you're doing! All the best wishes to you. After they suggested to amputate you limb maybe you should change your username. :D

Indeed :p. Strangely enough, it was the thought of losing an arm that terrified me far more than the thought of dying. I had accepted that fate, and still have, but being disfigured scared the crap out of meo_O:confused:.

If I can give you a little advice: Do not settle for one, two or even three doctors opinions if you feel unhappy or unsettled with their diagnosis, prognosis or treatment plan. Don't be afraid to question their authority and speak your mind freely. They're only Doctors, not Gods :)

Indeed :p. Strangely enough, it was the thought of losing an arm that terrified me far more than the thought of dying. I had accepted that fate, and still have, but being disfigured scared the crap out of meo_O:confused:.

If I can give you a little advice: Do not settle for one, two or even three doctors opinions if you feel unhappy or unsettled with their diagnosis, prognosis or treatment plan. Don't be afraid to question their authority and speak your mind freely. They're only Doctors, not Gods :)
Maybe you were terrified because you're a fighter deep inside of you, that you were going to beat the SOB and had to live the rest of your life without the arm which is understandable,
You're aright about the doctors, it was frustrating but they had perform the surgery to confirm I had cancer. i had the symptoms of the cancer they shoved cameras down my digestive system but they couldn't get to the tumor for the sample. Had the whipple procedure. a 2cm tumor caused so much havoc but i am hear to tell the story.
Just an update doctors have noticed a little lump in my omentum ( natural layer of fat that covers the intestines) they are not sure what it is. They are monitoring with tests and scans could be nothing.

Maybe you were terrified because you're a fighter deep inside of you, that you were going to beat the SOB and had to live the rest of your life without the arm which is understandable,
You're aright about the doctors, it was frustrating but they had perform the surgery to confirm I had cancer. i had the symptoms of the cancer they shoved cameras down my digestive system but they couldn't get to the tumor for the sample. Had the whipple procedure. a 2cm tumor caused so much havoc but i am hear to tell the story.
Just an update doctors have noticed a little lump in my omentum ( natural layer of fat that covers the intestines) they are not sure what it is. They are monitoring with tests and scans could be nothing.

It was my freakin drinking arm! :D

You're facing the possibility of metastasis. Obviously I hope that there is nothing in it for you, however, if it does turn pear shaped, then don't be too crest-fallen. It's a platitude and all that, but the power of positive thinking and surrounding yourself in real positivity is very powerful and empowering.

Don't discount the value of nutrition and the avoidance of chemical drenched foods either. But don't turn into a beatnik. Enjoy your life as, I'm sure you have noticed, this type of thing gives you a totally different perspective on living.

Sorry, not trying to preach at all.

My sincere wishes of good luck to you mate.:thumbsu:

NOOOOOOOO!!!! Not the Drinking arm!!!!:D Your not preaching, I hear ya about chemicals in foods, pretty much eating organic foods. When we were kids my parents had a vege garden, they had the habbit of spraying DDT to kill pests I just wonder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NOOOOOOOO!!!! Not the Drinking arm!!!!:D Your not preaching, I hear ya about chemicals in foods, pretty much eating organic foods. When we were kids my parents had a vege garden, they had the habbit of spraying DDT to kill pests I just wonder.

I was born and raised on a cattle station and was soaked in carcinogens, (not that we knew back then), more often than I could count. I also wonder mate. Too late now though ;)

Had scans and review this week and looks like my cancer is making a return, not 100% sure but doc said very highly suspicious. Have nodular thickening omentum which have increased is size and volume. looking like I will be having another round of chemo.

Had scans and review this week and looks like my cancer is making a return, not 100% sure but doc said very highly suspicious. Have nodular thickening omentum which have increased is size and volume. looking like I will be having another round of chemo.

doesn't sound like fun. good luck with your battle mate.

Hang tough bro. Hang tough.

Really sorry to hear it, but you don't want my sympathy, you want support. And as little as it means from some words typed on a screen, you have mine.

:)

You WILL beat this s**t.

Well doctors practically confirmed my original cancer has returned in my omentum going to have a stronger round of chemo. They said this will be the last possible effective chemo they can use on me to fight it.

Well doctors practically confirmed my original cancer has returned in my omentum going to have a stronger round of chemo. They said this will be the last possible effective chemo they can use on me to fight it.
Hopefully the last needed too mate, kick it's ass again!

Firstly, hit it hard with a positive outlook Tiger G :thumbsu:

Secondly, we have such an important thread, yet no-one really wants to talk about it.
Guess that may suggest that we're all a little frightened of saying the wrong thing or just serving up some standard cliches.

It doesn't have to be that way though. Having had a few friends and with currently having another friend going through it, it's amazing how different it is for all concerned to have open and honest dialogue through the process.
None of us are immune from it and we all know that cancer isn't a death sentence. Of course we're all frightened of it, that's just natural, but the less afraid we are of discussing it the better it is.

Nothing worse than having friends shy away from you because it's all too hard.
We should leave that to the individual going through cancer to make such calls as to who they want around and when.

You're a Tiger by name and at a guess from a distance, a Tiger by nature @ Tiger G.
We're behind you...............irrespective of our colours.

Firstly, hit it hard with a positive outlook Tiger G :thumbsu:

Secondly, we have such an important thread, yet no-one really wants to talk about it.
Guess that may suggest that we're all a little frightened of saying the wrong thing or just serving up some standard cliches.

It doesn't have to be that way though. Having had a few friends and with currently having another friend going through it, it's amazing how different it is for all concerned to have open and honest dialogue through the process.
None of us are immune from it and we all know that cancer isn't a death sentence. Of course we're all frightened of it, that's just natural, but the less afraid we are of discussing it the better it is.

Nothing worse than having friends shy away from you because it's all too hard.
We should leave that to the individual going through cancer to make such calls as to who they want around and when.

You're a Tiger by name and at a guess from a distance, a Tiger by nature @ Tiger G.
We're behind you...............irrespective of our colours.
survivor_eye_of_the_tiger_cover_by_teews666-d5zur64.png

Well an update I am still alive for now cancer keeps spreading and growing bigger got in my hip, pelvis and rib bone and spine. Hate to say it things are not looking good, not even having chemo as it is not helping will not give up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back