AFLQLD

Premiership Player
Jul 15, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
There are other teams?
Pretty excited to see how Dawson goes.

Good luck to the kid. Hope he goes well!

I think they might just give Dawson a game or two up to the bye and then drop him back after seeing what areas he needs to work on.

Although...I thought that about Clarke and Taylor previously. And they never went back down... So I suppose the opportunity is there to be grabbed if he can make the most of it.

Brettles

Debutant
Jan 22, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Barrett's sliding doors

OqKZfn5.gif

Don't often agree with DB, but on this occasion he's spot on....

lions27

Club Legend
May 13, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Wonder who our sub will be? Unlikely to be Robertson after being named in the bests last week.

Monterronaldo

Team Captain
Apr 2, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Glad to see our draftees are now breaking their way into the team without us being forced to select them last year. A very big congratulations to Liam Dawson, hope he makes a good fist of it.

Jan 9, 2009
Queensland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
It is fun to think that the side has improved on paper compared to last week against Port considering how well we played. Nothing against Golby or Cutler. It is just I rate CBeams over Golby and as big of a fan of Cutler as I am, he has struggled since the game against the Eagles and I believe that Dawson will be able to replicate the kind of form and promise that Jaden McGrath showed in his first few games earlier this year.

On the other hand, Essendon's side has also improved since last week with come experienced inclusions.

This weeks game will be a good indication of where we are at considering our form in the first five rounds and the stark difference shown in our past two games. If we play well and beat Essendon it might prove the game against Port wasn't just a fluke and we have really turned our form around.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Beams sub IMO. Glad to see Dawson in, happy with that.

You'd think Dawson would be the sub. I'd like us to play a midfielder as the sub for once. Could give a bigger impact coming on. NRobbo might be a good choice.

John_Proctor

Club Legend
Apr 17, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Any melbourne members know if we need to buy a reserved seat (presumably at booking fee prices) for Sunday or can we just walk in with the membership?

Last of the Roys

Premiership Player
Sep 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy Football Club
Any melbourne members know if we need to buy a reserved seat (presumably at booking fee prices) for Sunday or can we just walk in with the membership?

You can just scan your membership to get in. Essendon games at Etihad are apparently no longer fully ticketed like they used to be - general admission is on level 3 (except for the first 5 rows). The Lions have advised supporters to sit in sections 25-26 on level 3, starting from row G.

Otherwise you could pay extra and buy a reserve seat, such as behind the goals where our cheer-squad is sitting (which I think will be the opposite end to usual - i.e. the end furthest away from Southern Cross station).

I don't think there will be a huge crowd either - probably 30,000 odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back