Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sell Vidal, use the money to try get Pogba to sign on for 3 or 4 more years, including massive sign on bonus.
I think a lot will depend on whether we win champions League. Buffon and Pirlo might retire or move on afterwards and who knows with Pogba. He may feel he wants to try new pastures after winning or he might want to stay and attempt at winning back to back CL.

They wont lose both Pogba and Vidal in the same season.

Two-three seasons ago we were talking about Vidal being in the 50-60m transfer bracket, he was top 5 in the world in his position.

But now Vidal is a risk because he had a very serious knee injury, the type that can end careers or cripple players but he has had a very good season with Juve so far even though he missed half the season.

Would be interesting to see how he goes in a much more physically demanding league (up and down the pitch all game) as opposed to the more evenly paced Italian league.

Would be worth a risk at the right price 20-25 mil but there is a 50-50 chance of getting a player that can needs to be rested constantly.

Juve might be willing to sell in order to convince Pogba to stay or to get more funds to invest in their squad.

Arsene has been known to roll the dice on injured players though so it wouldn't surprise me if we were sniffing around.

20% chance of this being true imo - Not crazy unbelievable but very unlikely.

That's pretty much how I saw it. I tend to ignore rumours unless it's from out wide, which this one seemed to be. Ozil and Sanchez were the same.

So Vidal is a cert, and Cech is a no-hoper?

Ha, in no way.

I guess I look at those like Benzema for example, or Gourcuff, who we are linked to forever and you just know it's not happening and compare it to the Ozil or Sanchez rumours that were out of the blue and then signed and sealed within days.

Probably not.

But I think we will make another big singing this summer.

I wouldn't be adverse to Coq being the first choice DM, though if a more established name was brought in I wouldn't be against that. We need a top notch CB and of course, a GK.

Another forward to help Ollie out too. Doubt we will get all of that done though.

Probably not.

I wouldn't be adverse to Coq being the first choice DM, though if a more established name was brought in I wouldn't be against that. We need a top notch CB and of course, a GK.

Another forward to help Ollie out too. Doubt we will get all of that done though.
We wont sign another centre back after signing Gabriel in January.

Probably not.

We'll be lucky to make 3 (senior team) signings. A starting CB won't be bought, and a keeper is highly unlikely too. Could see a striker coming in for sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would Wenger spend that much on a GK though? Not sure.

Cech would be £10m-£15m I'm guessing.

To get a world class stopper AND one over Mourinho?

Yeah, he'd spend it.

Fair call.

And the DM situation?

In all reality, none of us have any idea what will actually happen. I think a big name will come in though somewhere.

I'm betting on a foward/Winger being the big name.

Also i wouldn't be surprised to see Cech come for a maximum of £10m. He is out of contract end of next season. If he really wants to stay in London i can't see Abramovich being a campaigner over £5m.

Cech is the kind of Keeper than can play well into his late 30's IMO.

Sterling is realistically a big chance. Rightly or wrongly, that's the truth. Pedro potentially, Milner. We've been linked with a few.

Higuain would be quite the signing striker-wise

Wenger confirms Rosicky's hanging around for another season. Our midfield stocks are going to be full once again!

Happy to have Rosicky stay on, he was criminally underused early in the season.

Not sure what we'll do with Arteta and Flamini though.

To get a world class stopper AND one over Mourinho?

Yeah, he'd spend it.

I'd like to think so, yes. But surely Jose will have some say in the matter, despite what Cech's agent has been saying in the press.

Unless we buy another holding mid, we'd need to retain one of Flamini or Arteta to be back up to Coq.

We need to buy another holding midfielder for stiff competition for Coq, Arteta and Flamini as back ups would just allow him to get comfortable and coast as they are not up to the required standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back