Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Thread X

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Because they cheated the salary cap, then because they lost a bunch of draft picks they decided it would be better if they lost on purpose for a few years to get a bunch of top draft picks in to get back to the top.

Nobody in professional sports deserves to get success from intentionally losing. And now it would seem they are sabotaging Malthouse in the hope of getting more top draft picks and do it again.

Because they cheated the salary cap, then because they lost a bunch of draft picks they decided it would be better if they lost on purpose for a few years to get a bunch of top draft picks in to get back to the top.

Nobody in professional sports deserves to get success from intentionally losing. And now it would seem they are sabotaging Malthouse in the hope of getting more top draft picks and do it again.

The tanking wasn't great, but it was 15 years ago.

We cheated the salary cap as well,

Surely you're joking about sabotaging Malthouse right?

I've revelled in Carlton losses over the years as much as the next Bomber fan, but this is a whole other level of pain. I don't gain any satisfaction from watching this happen to any side every week.

The tanking wasn't great, but it was 15 years ago.

We cheated the salary cap as well,

Surely you're joking about sabotaging Malthouse right?

I've revelled in Carlton losses over the years as much as the next Bomber fan, but this is a whole other level of pain. I don't gain any satisfaction from watching this happen to any side every week.

Not Malthouse directly, but the whole football department as a whole has been mentally damaged by a board that's come out and said they are in a rebuild in April.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not Malthouse directly, but the whole football department as a whole has been mentally damaged by a board that's come out and Sid they are in a rebuild in April.

If they didn't flag a rebuild, they would simply have been denying what the rest of the country already knew. To fix a problem, you need to first admit that there is one.

Can you imagine how stupid they'd look if they got to round 15 with 1 win while adamantly refusing to acknowledge their very obvious shortcomings?

are you not feeling well?

hello.....

ITS CARLTON.

I hope those miserable, cheating, tanking, finger-pointing scumbag-*unts lose every game for the rest of the season, for the next ten years, for the rest of my long, happy, smug, satisfied days.

F**K THEM.

John Elliot culture of "we'll buy our way out of everything"

wooden-spoon.png

and you know what else? those miserable campaigners had 16-bloody thousand to their last home game in Melbourne. how many? 16K..... their LOWEST EVER attendance for a home game @ Etihad. that's appalling. there was more people at the NRL game, just 100 metres down the road at AAMI, 18K.
more people at a Rugby League game!!!!!

a modern day travesty.

Yeah I agree, no matter who the target, seeing these media campaigners salivating at another's misfortune just reminds me of the s**t we've been through for a couple of years, which makes less inclined to want to join in.

But it wasn't just the media salivating about our misfortune. Carlton supporters have been some of the most vitriolic in their desire to watch us burn (check the special saga topic on their board). Forgive me for not feeling a whole heap of sympathy for them at the moment.

They have a bad football team. That's all. It pales in comparison to the s**t Essendon supporters have had to put up with recently. If you can't enjoy a rival struggling on the field, what's the point?

I actually don't like Carlton being so terrible either.

Nothing about footy pleases me more than Essendon and Carlton being the two best teams in the league. I like that BECAUSE they are my favourite team to beat. It's better when they are at least worthy of being competitive.

If they didn't flag a rebuild, they would simply have been denying what the rest of the country already knew. To fix a problem, you need to first admit that there is one.

Can you imagine how stupid they'd look if they got to round 15 with 1 win while adamantly refusing to acknowledge their very obvious shortcomings?

You can admit you need to rebuild without publicly saying and without telling the players.

You should be trying to figure out what players are going to take you forward and which ones aren't. To do that you at least need team unity. By publicly saying you need a rebuild you basically telling the whole playing list your playing for your career/yourself making playing as a team impossible.

It also makes players you may want to keep start looking for other teams to play for.

On top of those reasons, it's also stupid to say it publicly for the fans, when you are trying to build a membership base. The single one thing that gets fans through the gates when a team isn't playing well is hope. Saying your in a rebuild in round 2 sucks all that hope out of the fans.

Nothing could possibly make them look more stupid than what they've already said, it's just impossible. What they've said has ruined the playing group mentallly, and told fans not to come to the games or sign up as members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back