Preview Port Adelaide v Richmond

pafc88

All Australian
Aug 14, 2012
Elwood
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Extra motivation during the preparation for the game? The game is still played the same way but with a bit more heart and thus a bit more effort. It might not change the result in the end, but the boys should be up for it.
Hmm most people here believed we should expect to make a Grand Final as it sits its round 8, 3-4 , just lost to a bottom 4 side, aswell as a very average one at home, top 4 could be gone and top8 comes into question if we lose here. We hardly need anymore motivation.

However, there is enough talent here to drag out a win at home though. Honestly its dooms day though if we lose this, long term means it nothing but the year is basically dead if we lose to Richmond at home.

Dave Omsby

Club Legend
May 18, 2014
Aldinga, South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'm looking for a much improved effort this week . I think we have too much talent to stat down too long .
Win the midfield will be a good start , I think Kane on Cotchin , Jonas on Martin , Hombsch on Reiwoldt , Krakoer to play a bit forward .
I'm pretty pumped for this game and hopefully we'll get back on track

Vagabond0

Club Legend
Sep 21, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The win will be comfortable for which side I don't know.

We show we win, we don't they have a field day.

Giddy yap boys, own it.

mic59

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 20, 2002
Alberton, the chosen land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Blyth Spartans, Dallas Cowboys
Riewoldt could be a problem. He has a record of 32 goals in 8 games against Alipate Carlile. Although a number of those came in 2011 and 2012 and in last years elimination final he only scored his three after the game was over.

All week I've been hearing some encouraging talk from the club. The coaches and the players are gutted about last week's result. Carlile promising a win. Burgess saying that training earlier this week was the best for the whole year.

Of course, that's all it is so far - talk. Unless all that talk is backed up by actions on Sunday, they'll all be empty words.

Byron!!!

Club Legend
Mar 18, 2012
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Riewoldt could be a problem. He has a record of 32 goals in 8 games against Alipate Carlile. Although a number of those came in 2011 and 2012 and in last years elimination final he only scored his three after the game was over.
1.2 (1 oobof) - Carlile career best form.

simmo_bc

Cancelled
Port Adelaide - Riley Bonner Player Sponsor 2016
Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Leeds United, Portland Trailblazers
All week I've been hearing some encouraging talk from the club. The coaches and the players are gutted about last week's result. Carlile promising a win. Burgess saying that training earlier this week was the best for the whole year.

Of course, that's all it is so far - talk. Unless all that talk is backed up by actions on Sunday, they'll all be empty words.

I mentioned the other day that things have been quiet on the Alberton front this week.

I suspect there has been a genuine shakeup, some home truths and a line in the sand has been drawn..

simmo_bc

Cancelled
Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams

Great player and always a threat.

However our backline is the least of our concerns and has been holding up unbelievably well given the number of forward entries that the opposition are having against us. Whilst our defence is ranked 13th for points against, we should rocket up the list if we can fix the issues upfield.

We've all acknowledged it but Hombsch has again improved, following on from 2013 and 2014 - the sky is the limit. If we can get some good form together, I think everyone else will start to acknowledge it within the media.

Power Girl

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 30, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Hombsch is having the year that Tommy the Hitman Jonas had was it 2013? I want them to be brilliant together.

I believe that with Ollie back in the midfield our boys will get back to basics tackle hard, this year it seems our desperation and maniacal tackling has been absent, time to get it back boys.

Could not stand a Richmond (Chaplin) win. Must NOT HAPPEN. Carn Port.

I think Hombsch is having a better year than any of Jonas' by a long margin. His attacking flair and marking/spoiling ability against opponents much bigger than him is phenomenal. Great player.

simmo_bc

Cancelled
Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
I think Hombsch is having a better year than any of Jonas' by a long margin. His attacking flair and marking/spoiling ability against opponents much bigger than him is phenomenal. Great player.

Hombsch missed an opportune moment against WCE in the south eastern half forward flank..

he interecepted the mark, had a run and a shot from 45m but missed..

it would have been epic!

Hombsch missed an opportune moment against WCE in the south eastern half forward flank..

he interecepted the mark, had a run and a shot from 45m but missed..

it would have been epic!

lol as soon as that left the boot I yelled "AND HE KICKS IT LIKE A DEFENDER!"

Close to if not our best player this year.

simmo_bc

Cancelled
Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
GWS are playing a brand of footy we played in 2014.

Just goes to show that a hard running confident team is very dangerous, hopefully our lads are watching.

looking for plenty of rebound and hard running from our back flank tomorrow.

dinger

Club Legend
Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
We're gonna win in a canter and people will be going on about how they "had faith in the team all along, didn't turncoat or anything" after sinking the knife in after the past two weeks.

Hong-Kong Phooey

Cancelled
Sep 22, 2011
i have no idea
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man United
i have to say ive lost a bit of faith in jonas. love hombshe though. fast becoming my fav player. could we see clurey replace jonas soon if he done pick up?

Mar 1, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
GWS are playing a brand of footy we played in 2014.

Just goes to show that a hard running confident team is very dangerous, hopefully our lads are watching.

looking for plenty of rebound and hard running from our back flank tomorrow.

Agreed, plus they are doing it with 3 tall forwards, and arguably much bigger bodies all over the park than our blokes, scary stuff indeed.

Wargreymon90

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 3, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
i have to say ive lost a bit of faith in jonas. love hombshe though. fast becoming my fav player. could we see clurey replace jonas soon if he done pick up?
Lost faith? ffs. He has been our most reliable defender since his debut pretty much. He is in our top 10 best players when in form and deserves the opportunity to make up for it.

JAlexG

Premiership Player
Mar 4, 2012
Alberton
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Boston!
Ollie is a huge in for us. Get that grunt going in the engine room again.

Watch the intensity and commitment from Sydney and hawks. 20 times better than port last 2 weeks. We need to show this aggression
I think we will. Richmond is a good team as any to bring it to.

simmo_bc

Cancelled
Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Watch the intensity and commitment from Sydney and hawks. 20 times better than port last 2 weeks. We need to show this aggression

watching these two teams shows where we need to be..

It was only a few weeks back that we showed we could compete at this level, we've got the mature bodies to play this game style.

mic59

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 20, 2002
Alberton, the chosen land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Blyth Spartans, Dallas Cowboys
If we win tomorrow we will certainly go up two places(over Richmond and the Roos). We could go over Essendon if we beat Richmond by about 10 points more than they beat Brisbane. We would only go above the Bulldogs if they lose to Melbourne so that does not seem as likely.

So 9th seems to be the best we could do after tomorrow although 10th is more likely.

Back