2015 Non-Crows AFL Discussion - Pt. 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great post.

I think he's up to it - but I don't know if he'll be able to do it under that admin.

Even today, Trigg on 3AW was explaining that their perception of a rebuild doesn't mean starting from the ground up - it's starting from halfway there... The same half arsed, embracing mediocrity garbage that we dealt with for years.

If that's the ethos, and he's (again) interfering with the footy ops, then Malthouse will struggle to turn it around.
But anything can happen if you make the finals!

He didn't at all.

The point of contention was the rebuilding word and whether Mick and the club were on the same page with it.

He explained that internally the club is very aware of where the list is at and the need to rebuild. However when the 'word' is out in the public domain and it gets in the players ears it can have an affect on them.

The only contradiction was whether he and Trigg spoke specifically about this today which is a minor nothing.
The word got out in the public because of senior management spoke about it so he's having a jab for that and he's also laying some blame on their performances because of the impact on the players. Mick knows exactly what he's saying

If that's the ethos, and he's (again) interfering with the footy ops, then Malthouse will struggle to turn it around.

Surprises me that after shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic Mick now reports direct to Trigg, rather than to the football director (Andy McKay) like at most (?) other clubs

Yep, like that's gonna work:rolleyes:

The word got out in the public because of senior management spoke about it so he's having a jab for that and he's also laying some blame on their performances because of the impact on the players. Mick knows exactly what he's saying
Why did they need to rebuild then?

Because their list is s**t. Doesn't mean he didn't have a crack for making the need for a rebuild public in Rd 2

I cant think of a key area that Carlton have a strength in

When your best KPPs and Rucks are Casboult, Rowe, Warnock, Krezer and Wood you are in trouble.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4 of those guys would barely scrape a game at any other side in the league. Kreuzer is the only one I'd like to see get a 2nd chance somewhere.

I wonder, given our record with the CFC (Carlton Feeder Club) would it be worth getting Kreuzer over?

Have a crack at him and Menzel; try and get one.

Surprises me that after shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic Mick now reports direct to Trigg, rather than to the football director (Andy McKay) like at most (?) other clubs

Yep, like that's gonna work:rolleyes:

Obviously learnt from Chapman and his weekly golf course debriefs with Sando.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/letters-to-the-board.1098013/page-3#post-38679769

Poor bastards.

Keating would be good, but they should offer Costello $10,000,000 to come back and be the Prime Minister, He'd be brilliant. Out of the current mob, Turnbull would be my choice - then Combet... Except he was so disillusioned with the ALP and modern politics, that he quit.

Costello would have been PM if he had the balls to be PM. Keating was right, Costello is "all tip and no iceberg".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back