Mega Thread Malthouse, Trigg, the Players, Game plan - The Official 'Where is Carlton At" thread (2015 edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm generally not a fan of sacking the coach but something has to give here. Utterly inept effort tonight. Seriously they were Melbourne 186 level bad. Geelong didn't even play that well (although we kicked very accurately) and win by 77. How in the world they could bring Warnock in to play like that is beyond me. Geelong's much smaller pair seemed to reach past him and tapped to our advantage all night.

So you guys backing mick in here, care to explain about the late inclusion of warnock instead of the mid (like carrazzo) who rips it up in the vfl yet can only manage 15mins of afl footy this year?

He's lost the plot, and this is just one example of heaps. See ya Mick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

35 tackles tonight shows how hard they are trying.

They don't care because they have been told they are "rebuilding", the players know that this year is a waste of time and are already planning their holidays to Las Vegas. Classic example was Dale Thomas tonight, he did not care one bit about the result tonight. You could tell by his body language that his mind was elsewhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He should have gone and played for Richmond or Geelong, or stayed with the Eagles. I think Judd might be regretting playing on this year.
if he'd gone to the saints he would've probably added two flags to his cv. He chased the money and the AFL turned a blind eye to the paper bag deal - he made his bed.

So you guys backing mick in here, care to explain about the late inclusion of warnock instead of the mid (like carrazzo) who rips it up in the vfl yet can only manage 15mins of afl footy this year?

Was evident to me last week that this is clear tanking. Every week it will become even clearer. Lets face it SOS wasnt brought back to draft rookies.

No!! No!! No!! Mick has to stay.

I'll explain why, because Mick is wanting to give us non Carlton supporters a laugh, your team can't play footy so might as well turn it into a comedy show. Worked again last night i was in fits of laughter.
It's like a circus at the Blues right now so for extra laughs Mick should dress up as a clown when his in the coaches box, something like this would do it.

mickdd_zpsgxp7168c.jpg

Last edited:
Might as well wait it out to years end, but the problem with them and Malthouse and this is why they should get rid of him is that he never bothered to fix the horrible forward line they have, they easily have the worst in the league. Not one quality target in there.

Malthouse in a pretty stupid move traded Betts and Waite without replacing them. They were domed for failure without them.

If I was coach I'd desperately be looking for some key forwards and quality small forwards.

As well as a replacement for Judd, Cripps looks good though in the wings for that. Actually there is a lot of work to be done on there list all around the ground. I can see holes everywhere. Big job ahead.

Watching Mick's presser - I believe him when he says he and the board are on the same page.

My feel is that they are going to drag this out for the whole year and secure the best possible position, draft wise, that can.

The players have given up. They dont want him there. That shows in their effort with 35 tackles. Keeping Mick for the year just gives them an 'out'.

Watching Mick's presser - I believe him when he says he and the board are on the same page.

My feel is that they are going to drag this out for the whole year and secure the best possible position, draft wise, that can.

The players have given up. They dont want him there. That shows in their effort with 35 tackles. Keeping Mick for the year just gives them an 'out'.

Cop out of the highest order. Trigg already stated performances are unacceptable not acceptable. It will cost 500k-600k to sack Mick now.

So Judd, Carrazzo and Simpson will hang them up at years end.
God they will be even worse next year.
Judd and Carrazzo wont be missed. Simmo has three years in him easily hardly had injuries. Will be our Brent Harvey in HBF.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back