2015 - AFL Round 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Denis Pagan and Mick Martyn are said to be embarrassed that they were once part of this club.

What a rabble.

Sacking the coach won't do squat, the players are all weak as piss and mentally fragile. Much like at Melbourne the fish rots at the head and its the leaders who give the kids absolutely no example to go by. (Judd excused at his age)

Former number 1 picks Jack Watts and Bryce Gibbs both typify Melbourne and Carlton really, from an era where recruiters had a raging hard on for outside skills and athletic abilities, thank god we are getting back to drafting kids who are actually footballers these days, kids who can win their own ball and tackle a player, not just the ones who have the 'prettiest' skills at under 18 level. You can have all these unbelievable skills but in the end if you can't win your own ball or others in your team can't win it for you it amounts to nothing.

Give me a Dane Swan, Matthew Boyd, Josh Kennedy or Rory Sloane any day of the week over these pretty outside prized top 10 picks.

St Kilda +33.5
Adelaide +11.5
Sydney +12.5
0.5U @ $7.07

Fremantle/Fremantle/Fremantle/North
0.2U @ $31

St Kilda +33.5
Adelaide
Collingwood 1-39
Sydney +12.5
Freo/North O168.5
Esse/Bris U176.5
Western Bulldogs 1-39
Port/Rich O174.5
0.25U @ $276.48

Have had some decent weeks, got a free bet of 2U (deposit matched) which I won with Geelong -30.5, so gone for some long shots for a bit of a laugh.

Hello all my AFL bets for Saturday with all bets placed with Ubet

West Coast 1-39 $10 @2.3
GWS/GWS half/full double $10@1.9
Collingwood -22.5 line $20@1.85
Hawthorn -13.5 line $10 @1.95
Fremantle H2h $20@1.2

A multi with all 5 legs $10@18.92

Reasons:
West Coast: St Kilda this year have been fairly impressive overall and i believe they can hold west coast to only lose by less than 40. However this game is the one i have most doubts for out of all five and i can see Kennedy just demolishing the saints.

GWS/GWS: GWS at home are a completely different unit then away and with them beating Hawthorn at home i cant see Adelaide winning this or leading at any stage. Tempting to do the Qtr by Qtr @$2.5

Collingwood: Gold coast with all the injuries and no Ablett = no chance 40+ win by Collingwood if they show up and play half decent.

Hawthorn: Lake and Lewis are massive ins for Hawthorn in this game.

Fremantle: The weather situation in Perth caused me to play conservatively with this one and just go the h2h. If its good conditions can see the dockers winning 50+ in wet conditions at least 15+

GWS/GWS: GWS at home are a completely different unit then away and with them beating Hawthorn at home i cant see Adelaide winning this or leading at any stage. Tempting to do the Qtr by Qtr @$2.5

This seems like a bit of hyperbole considering the Crows average winning margin over the Giants. (70-80pts)
Giants are in good form, but Adelaide are as well and have some genuine classy players like Eddie Betts, Dangerfield & Tex.

Crows, North and Saints great value this weekend and good underdogs. Saints or kangas to win, if not both. Crows are the best bet of the round. Saints and kangas line looks very healthy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crows injuries??? I've seen this numerous times in this thread. Yeah, the crows are depleted after last week. 2 changes and one got dropped:confused:Sloane was already out.

No idea.

like this. considering tailing. @3.75 (SB)
& saw a similar one on WH (yeo @4.25)
Also on Tab @4.50. Only real difference is Savage is favourite (and he hasn't done much this year, and is starting on the bench).

Pies
Dogs
Dons all h2h

same as above with lines of saints and kangas and and another with the crows. Multis there paying around 2 bux, $8.50 and $17.

Saints +35.5 start at Etihad? That's ludicrous. Look at their games there this year. Narrow loss to GWS and Dons, beat the Dogs. They've covered at Etihad in 3 of 3 games. Bruce is a star could snag a bag as usual.

I think the Kangas despite missing Swallow and Brown also have a nice little cushion. Not as confident as I am with the saints game, but still a good prospect nonetheless.

I don't understand how we are $2.60 considering we are 5th.

You dont agree that teams who can move the ball quickly and have some genuine pace have been your achilles heel this year?

I mean I'm not saying the $1.50 about the Giants now is a great price or anything but twice you have come up against teams who play a similar game style to what the Giants play and twice you have been defeated. Add to that the injuries to some very fine players and i think that is why you see the market the way it is and the Crows drifting.

You dont agree that teams who can move the ball quickly and have some genuine pace have been your achilles heel this year?

I mean I'm not saying the $1.50 about the Giants now is a great price or anything but twice you have come up against teams who play a similar game style to what the Giants play and twice you have been defeated. Add to that the injuries to some very fine players and i think that is why you see the market the way it is and the Crows drifting.

No doubt Giants should be favourites for the game , I'm surprised that it isn't closer.

Saints +35.5 start at Etihad? That's ludicrous. Look at their games there this year. Narrow loss to GWS and Dons, beat the Dogs. They've covered at Etihad in 3 of 3 games. Bruce is a star could snag a bag as usual.

The danger is that West Coast really like to go on with a win. Flat track bullies and all that.

The last time the Eagles didn't have an average winning margin above 40 points was 2011.

The Eagles are flat track bullies at home. Can't remember the last time they flogged a team at Etihad. Possibly the bombers two yrs ago.

I still think Eagles win but saints +34.5 or west coast 1-39 is looking good imo.

The Eagles are flat track bullies at home. Can't remember the last time they flogged a team at Etihad. Possibly the bombers two yrs ago.

I still think Eagles win but saints +34.5 or west coast 1-39 is looking good imo.

Not really the case. We like to beat bad team anywhere and obviously being at home helps.

However:

Melb @ MCG by 93 in 2014
Suns @ Metricon by 52 in 2014
Giants @ Skoda by 100 in 2013
Melb @ MCG by 100 in 2013
Ess @ Etihad by 53 in 2013
Giants @ Blacktown by 81 in 2012
Bulldogs @ Etihad by 49 in 2012

Obviously a collection of bad sides there but the Saints aren't awesome in 2015 either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back