Mega Thread Malthouse, Trigg, the Players, Game plan - The Official 'Where is Carlton At" thread (2015 edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Reading this thread I'm glad everyone else is scratching their head as much as I am on this one. I have no idea what I'd do if I were recruiting manager for carlton. There are no trading chips of value so the only thing to do is to sit at the bottom of the ladder for 5 years and collect top draft picks.

It's Carlton's culture that is the problem, not Malthouse. MM thought he could work through it though, and obviously he can't.

To all the Carlton supporters whinging about Mick - if you all accept you're in the middle of a rebuild, why are you bothered about results like last night so much?

wouldn't say i'm the loudest whinge. but i want to see some effort. i don't want the club accused of tanking. there's a fine line between being s**t and tanking and people never give any clubs the benefit of the doubt, rightly or wrongly. i want the players to have some self-respect.
the saviour complex that may have infiltrated (or remained at) the club since whenever, doesn't just take the shape of wanting high-profile players or coaches, other individuals to gravitate to the club, it can manifest itself as believing high draft picks will save us too. clearly not the answer, not just for us - it's not something any club should rely on.

I don't mind Mick, but It's always the coach that gets it in the neck when the teams not performing, at the minute the blues look worse than Melbourne/GWS or GC have in recent years.
Playing them is the equivalent of a bye or getting 2X bonus value on percentage!

I have a feeling that it's because Mick has been abrasive towards the media for many years now and he had a right to be, because he was always successful as a coach. But now that he's struggling, the wolves are coming out for blood.

A bit of tall poppy syndrome.

Very abrasive it should be said

Because Melbourne have somewhat improved, though still being pretty terrible.

Carlton are going backwards very quickly.

paul roos also doesnt really make it all about him. mick would throw a list full of players under the bus if it made him look better

I actually don´t like seeing him on the boundary line
Would you want to sit in the box with creeps like Geoffrey Edelsten looking over your shoulder?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When it's obvious that something needs to change at a football club for them to start moving in a positive direction, sacking the coach is the easy option.

Something desperately needs to change at Carlton, and thus Mick's head is being called for.

Bring back Bosustow, goal and mark of the year

I don't mind Mick, but It's always the coach that gets it in the neck when the teams not performing, at the minute the blues look worse than Melbourne/GWS or GC have in recent years.
Playing them is the equivalent of a bye or getting 2X bonus value on percentage!

Theve been like that for ten years though, i just dont see the problem with him seeing the year out, like collingwood did with shaw. Maybe the media has got more feral in ten years, maybe eddie got them to lay off back then

For mine its more over the top than it should be. Im not saying its not an issue

So why isnt paul roos getting heat ?
Um because we were 2-2 including losses to Adel and GWS away and then played the consensus top 3 teams.

Carlton beat the Saints but have never looked remotely like winning against Rich, Ess, Coll, Geel and Bris. That's 5 sides that probably won't make the 8 and playing them all in Melbourne. Smashed by GWS and West Coast as well.

Malthouse is in his 3rd year and progress has only been backwards. He's disagreeing with the clubs plans. He's not leading the clubs plans which is what a senior coach should do.

The story is bigger than it should be but Mick is fuelling it himself. We are watching a dead man walking until it gets to a socially acceptable point in the season to sack him.

Here is some of the fuel

0616_gameday5_lrg-18rt833.jpg

I gotta say the media are like hounds with the scent of blood with Mick atm.
It's becoming quite embarrassing.
I think if they put some new coach in now Carlton would still be getting flogged.
The problem is the list is the worst in the league by far.
Mick probably won't be there next year but does the media really have to turn this into such a circus?

Theve been like that for ten years though, i just dont see the problem with him seeing the year out, like collingwood did with shaw. Maybe the media has got more feral in ten years, maybe eddie got them to lay off back then

For mine its more over the top than it should be. Im not saying its not an issue
When you do things like make changes to bring in a useless 2nd ruckman, play 1 key defender against Clark and Hawkins, seemingly will only play Dylan Buckley as the sub, do little to change the roles Judd/Gibbs/Murphy play and so on then there's a no reason for him to see out the year.

What is the benefit in Mick seeing out the year? Everyone can act like noble business people? It's crap. Who will say at the end of the year how nice it is seeing Mick coach all 22 games and give a big handshake and farewell game and move on, what does that achieve?

It's the smell of the rotting carcass. A manipulative and stubborn old man being selfish.
The feeling of hopelessness and fear from the heavies at Carlton.

Malthouse blaming the players. Malthouse dragging a mediocre man child in daisy over with half the salary cap.

For those that hate carlton theres joy to be found in this but it's balanced out by the constant talk of Carlton.

They'd all want to hope Sydney give them a bath. Enough time for Malthouse to simmer in his own ineptitude and enough time has passed since he broke the attendance record.

Haha, yes. I bet all other supporters are rushing to check the fixture to see when they play Carlton next. Then high fiving if finding out that they play them twice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back